OPEN LETTER TO FANS FROM SIMON DWYER

@happy tiger said:
@Kickme said:
Simon is doing well today, he has been up and about but still feeling the effect of the long operation. Gave him a leg, calf and heel massage today. I can pass on to his fans that Simon thanks everyone for their support and prayers.mtf
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Great to hear Take it one day at a time Simon Hang in there champion
Thanks again KickMe

Agreed Happy, thanks Kickme.

Another great day with Simon, he looking brighter everyday. He up and about and taking in the sun.

@Kickme said:
Another great day with Simon, he looking brighter everyday. He up and about and taking in the sun.

Kickme I take it your quoting from a twitter feed?..just wanted to say thanks…everyone on here wants to hear how Simon is getting along...the fact it's +ve news is even better!!

Thanks for the updates Kickme. As good as the news was gonna get at the moment.

My quotes are from one on one with Simon. From RNSH. Going to see him again today and will provide feedback on my daily visits with Simon.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Kickme said:
My quotes are from one on one with Simon. From RNSH. Going to see him again today and will provide feedback on my daily visits with Simon.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Ok so he didn't go overseas for the operation
Continued thanks for the feedback Kickme
Pass on our best on from Forum
Let him know we are 100% behind him every step of the way

So good to hear Simon is doing well. Great news. Such a young bloke to have such a horrible injury … fingers still crossed for a complete recovery.
Thanks for all the updats Kickme :slight_smile:

Simon is a lot better today, had lunch in the cafeteria and a walk in the sun. He can't wait to go home which is a good sign of recovery.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Good to hear Kickme. Hopefully he's out soon and can focus on rehab and look forward to Christmas with his family.

Another good day with Simon. Big walk today followed by nice quite sit in the sun and lunch at the cafeteria. Might get lucky and go home tomorrow.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Just got the news from the Dr, Simon is going home tomorrow morning.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Kickme said:
Just got the news from the Dr, Simon is going home tomorrow morning.
\
\
That's good more comfortable at home than hospital.

It's great to hear that Simon is recovering well from his op. Hope the good news just keeps on coming!

Thank you for the update on Simon, Kickme. I hope that the op, and rehab proves successful, and Simon can eventually get back on the field :pray:

**<big>Cloud lifts over Dwyer's future following surgery</big>**
Adrian Proszenko
October 30, 2011
>
WESTS TIGERS forward Simon Dwyer believes his dream of returning to the NRL remains alive after his nerve graft surgery was hailed a success.
>
A cloud has hung over the promising career of the City Origin representative since he suffered a brachial plexus injury against Canterbury in round 16\. After enduring a marathon 16-hour surgery - and a week of recovery time in hospital - Dwyer has been discharged to begin the long road to recovery.
>
''It was good. The doctors found I still had a bit of a C5 nerve still there. They used that and didn't have to cut my legs open, so they were pretty happy with themselves,'' Dwyer told The Sun-Herald. ''It was successful, so we'll wait and see.
>
''I should start getting some feeling back [in my arm] between six and three months. Then you get feeling on from there for up to two years. I won't be playing next year but I might be a chance the following year. That's a good outcome, I guess.''
>
Emerging from surgery ''groggy and with blisters everywhere'', Dwyer is yet to regain any feeling in his arm. The 22-year-old will remain in a sling for the next three weeks but will begin physiotherapy shortly afterwards. Dwyer, a member of Ricky Stuart's Blues-in-waiting squad, said it was difficult to helplessly watch the Tigers' premiership run from the sidelines.
>
''It wasn't the best, especially the loss against the Warriors at the last minute,'' he said.
>
Dwyer had researched several radical therapies and even contemplated a stint at the renowned Mayo Clinic in Texas. ''Mainly, all the guys were talking about the same thing,'' he said. ''Going overseas, it would have been a similar surgery. They mentioned a few other things that didn't add up, I did a bit of research on them and there was no proof.'' Asked if he believed he could play and regain the form that had him tagged as one of the brightest young forwards in the game, Dwyer said: ''Yeah, I do. If I get my strength back.''
>
The Ingleburn Bulldogs junior made special mention of Tigers coach Tim Sheens, manager Gavin Orr and his former Magpies lower-grade coach John Jacobs for their support.
>
Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/cloud-lifts-over-dwyers-future-following-surgery-20111029-1mp7w.html#ixzz1cB07dScK

Its a long road ahead, but hopefully this is the first step toward a full recovery for Simon!

I wonder what the blisters everywhere were from ??

Simon also says between 6 and 3 months Does he mean 6 weeks to 3 months ??

Great your surgery was a success mate and keep working hard We are all pulling for you and wish you the very best of luck You deserve it Champion

Back