OPEN LETTER TO FANS FROM SIMON DWYER

The operation was a success, there was still some C5 nerve there, very good news.

Great news the op was a success. The patience game is going to be the next big challenge for Simon as he already knows next season is not a possibility. At least he'll be able to get back into training and fingers crossed he regains full strength.

SIMON Dwyer is experiencing unexpected movement in his arm after his shoulder surgery. Why you ask? Doctors took nerve grafts from his diaphragm last week and placed them in his shoulder. Because his brain is still trained to twitch the diaphragm nerves when he breathes deeply, his arms moves. Dwyer's manager Gavin Orr told us about the bizarre - yet perfectly normal - after-effects of the surgery. The Wests Tigers backrower will be bed-ridden for the next six weeks and wait up to 15 months for movement back in his arm

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/riscky-stuart-and-laurie-daley-tast-black-type-success-with-emmalene/story-e6freye0-1226185123197

That sounds promising, I hope his improvement continues, good luck Simon

Keep your chin up Simon encouraging signs with the movement Keep working hard all Tigers fans are a 1000% with you mate

Wacko.
The telegraph printed a load of rubbish. They had print something because SMH got in first.
Simon starts his physio tomorrow.
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@Kickme said:
First of many physio session complete for Simon. All went well.

Good to hear Kickme. Please pass on everyone's wishes here on WT Forum, there's a couple of thousand members here who hope Simon makes a full recovery.

This is wonderful news! Thank you Kickme. There is always hope, even when everyone around you is telling you there is none. Can't wait to see you back on the field again, Simon :smiley:

Hey Kickme, just wondering if you have any info on Simon's physio sessions. I don't want to sound impatient, but if you have news it would be greatly appreciated. My family is always asking about his recovery. Thanks
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

@black and white tiger said:
Hey Kickme, just wondering if you have any info on Simon's physio sessions. I don't want to sound impatient, but if you have news it would be greatly appreciated. My family is always asking about his recovery. Thanks
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Simon is having contolled physio sessions twice a week and self sessions 7 days a week. Simon is making slow progress with movement to his shoulder and feeling in his tricep. Having and maintaining a positive attitude is vital for Simo's rehabilitation and he shows no weakness in this area. He just keeps going. :roll

I still shake my head when i think about this injury Simon has suffered. So freakish and unlucky. Will be great day when he steps out onto the feild again in the NRL :pray:

@Kickme said:
@black and white tiger said:
\
\
Posted using RoarFEED

Simon is having contolled physio sessions twice a week and self sessions 7 days a week. Simon is making slow progress with movement to his shoulder and feeling in his tricep. Having and maintaining a positive attitude is vital for Simo's rehabilitation and he shows no weakness in this area. He just keeps going. :roll

Thanks Kickme,
Good to hear. Any progress is positive and the feeling in his triceps must be giving him confidence in his recovery. Again, please let Simon know that everyone here is thinking of him.

Cheers

Thank you, Kickme for keeping us up-to-date with Simon's recovery. Please pass on my best wishes for a quicker than expected recovery!

The forum plays a big part in Simon's rehab and positive attitude. He reads the forum and it gives him a lift when he is down. Thanks all.:smiley:

I will try to keep the forum up to date during his Rehab.

Back