Players released

galea_11

Past 2 yrs how many players tigers released have there careers in nrl flourished .
Watching sironen and tapau at manly gone backwards
Bulldogs have taken our reggies players not playing firsts
Brisbane took Funaki ??
Melbourne lost Koro to union Addo Carr could be a loss but we can cover him
Jt got smashed for us losing players but they seem to be good decisions

Would largely agree. Austin was a loss, but needs to show form consistently. Also don't think I would have held him if it meant losing Moses. A lot of our decisions mean little is we can't keep the players that management wanted to build the team around.

My thoughts:

Seve - no loss
Funaki - No loss
JAC - would have been handy but I wouldnt have paid overs for him
Austin - no loss if staying meant we lost Moses. Its worth noting most Canberra fans are iffy about Austin
TMM - as with Austin, we couldn't keep him and Moses. Im satisfied we kept the right one.
Siro - too early to tell. Even if he succeeds at Manly, I suspect he needed the change of environment
Nathan Brown - a loss, particularly as we kept Lovett over him.
Tapau - as with us he is destructive at his best but goes missing a lot at times.
Farah - too early but Im comfortable with the players we have so "no loss"

Check how TeMaire Martin looks against us this afternoon and see if we made the right choice. I think it'll be his first time playing the Tigers in first grade.

Keeping Blake Austin in reggies or on the bench to run Anasta at 5/8th is still one of the dumbest things the Tigers have done. He walked and I don't blame him. Remember this next time someone wants to bring back Potter. That and benching Aaron Woods to start Jack Buchanan.

Korro and JAC I'm ok with releasing. They're fast strong morons, the Storm can carry that style of winger, we can't.

Yes would be good test Penrith against Martin

Fact is every club has that player management problem with the one that they let go and he became a star
There is so many factors to why a player performs at one club and not another. But lately I think the club has been very good at letting right players Go and not paying overs

Martin tapau has turned into a high prices part time player
2-3 suspensions. A season

Austen was the perfect no14, but wanted a starting role and time will tell but Moses should end up a way better player

JAC..was a big loss, his speed would have been great

Siro.. No loss, he just doesn't get involved in games enough, makes a play or a tackle and just walks back into position, never stays alive, lack of energy.

TMM You can't have three qualities 1/2 so one had to look for opportunities elsewhere

Farah..still plenty to offer as a footballer but his day had come to a end in tigertown. Everyone is a winner with Farah going to Souths

Brown…would have been handy for his agro style but not sure he would have fitted in with what Taylor is trying to do

Countless young Kids that have looked for greener pastures in the past few years, none have proven to be a great loss, but I always thought Akolia could have been anything

The only one I would say where we haven't been able to replace with someone better is JAC. But given the attitude in the articles after he left, I'm glad we didn't keep him.

I guess tigers when negotiating with Jac

Had Nofoaluma and suli on there mind and probably a few more outside backs Jac had plenty of positive negatives to his game Could be very rough or diamonds

@ said:
I guess tigers when negotiating with Jac

Had Nofoaluma and suli on there mind and probably a few more outside backs Jac had plenty of positive negatives to his game Could be very rough or diamonds

Sitting here watching our reggies go round, if any of our backs go down injured were screwed. No standouts at all.

But then again we have had a strong reggies team last few yrs but struggle first grade
Hopefully it's now reversed

Watched a little bit of Wyong playing Newcastle yesterday, Brendan Santi went alright for the Roos.

I think TMM looks a lot better than Moses and Brooks and it's not close.

@ said:
Anyone know what's going on with Manaia Cherrington at the Sharks..?

Yeah he's playing alongside Jason Schirnack in the Newtown side…

We reportedly released Takairangi even before he played a game for us and paid part of his contract.Would be a huge improvement on what we have

@ said:
We reportedly released Takairangi even before he played a game for us and paid part of his contract.Would be a huge improvement on what we have

Yeah that was a terrible decision as far as I'm concerned. He's got good size, is a good defender and has a very handy offload. He'd be a better option in the centres or the second-row than some of what we're starting with…

Taupau is being paid big coin to sit in front of the judiciary. Ill disciplined, no matter how explosive a player he us, Manly are not seeing value.

On the others, JAC would have been worth keeping on potential, maybe Suli meant that we couldn't keep them both, who knows… pretty comfortable with the others we've let go of though.

Back