Politics Super Thread - keep it all in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
This list has been compiled by a thoughtful contributor. Are there any other issues that require an examination.

Climate change.
Federal ICAC.
Integrity in government.
Accountability.
Ending Morrison’s duplicity.
Foreign affairs.
Economic repair.
Aged care repair.
RoboDebt Royal Commission.
Pork barreling Royal Commission.
Pandemic Royal Commission.
Defence Royal Commission.
Actually passing legislation something Morrison never achieved.

This list has been compiled by a thoughtful contributor. Are there any other issues that require an examination.

Climate change.
Federal ICAC.
Integrity in government.
Accountability.
Foreign affairs.
Economic repair.
Aged care repair.
None form that list does interest me, my list include:

Remove the ban on the hcq/Ivermectin (a drug which the clinical evidence shows is not statistically effective),
Small nuclear
Water transfer
The new dams
Make the vaxx mandate, ausweis, arbeitskarte unlawful
Prosecute every government and employer that supported/implemented the vaxx mandate, ausweis, arbeitskarte unlawful
Compensate everyone that was retrenched because they reject being vaxxed, the compensation shalll be from salaries/superannuation of the enablers.implemented

Climate change.
Federal ICAC.
Integrity in government.
Accountability.
Foreign affairs.
Economic repair.
Aged care repair.
Was thinking about your earlier question on why many are asking about finding the money for a $1 hourly rise for our lowest paid, yet basically giving a free pass on the $5.5 Billion odd for absolutely nothing fiasco and what those monies could do.

Pretty simple to correlate the pair. Being that we could pay each of Australia's some two and a half million that are on the minimum wage an extra dollar, for every single hour, for each of the 52 weeks a year and longer.

The no sub wasted cost would even cover their increased superannuation entitlements.

Last edited:
Was thinking about your earlier question on why many are asking about finding the money for a $1 hourly rise for our lowest paid, yet basically giving a free pass on the $5.5 Billion odd for absolutely nothing fiasco and what those monies could do.

Pretty simple to correlate the pair. Being that we could pay each of Australia's some two and a half million that are on the minimum wage an extra dollar, for every single hour, for each of the 52 weeks a year and longer.

The no sub wasted cost would even cover their increased superannuation entitlements.
I can’t see why hat isn’t possible. We can all afford the price increases surely. I would vote for an increase in the minimum wage.

None form that list does interest me, my list include:

Remove the ban on the hcq/Ivermectin (a drug which the clinical evidence shows is not statistically effective) (a drug which the clinical evidence shows is not statistically effective),
Small nuclear
Water transfer
The new dams
Make the vaxx mandate, ausweis, arbeitskarte unlawful
Prosecute every government and employer that supported/implemented the vaxx mandate, ausweis, arbeitskarte unlawful
Compensate everyone that was retrenched because they reject being vaxxed, the compensation shalll be from salaries/superannuation of the enablers.implemented
We all have our priorities, but would swap all of that and more just to have our aged receiving a decent meal and care.

What are peoples thoughts on Pockock?

Said hello to him at Belco pre voting yesterday, seems like a really cool guy, young guy (similar age to me).

Looks like he’s got a good rig on him too 1652594014106.png

Morrison's policy of accessing superannuation might sound good for those entering the property market but all it will do is add heat to the cooling property market. Only those owning multiple properties will come out ahead, like a few pollies.

Yeah man would love to see more done with home buyers, I’m working 2-3 jobs just to try and get our first place

Morrison's policy of accessing superannuation might sound good for those entering the property market but all it will do is add heat to the cooling property market. Only those owning multiple properties will come out ahead, like a few pollies.

I assumed this was a UAP policy at first. It’s stupid and on many levels. This is not additional money, there’s an opportunity cost. Every $ is that $ and then some out of retirement savings. Which means more people will need to rely on the pension which with an ageing population means a future budget problem.

Also every $ you remove from Super funds is a $ out of infrastructure projects that super funds invest in.

Especially during the elections, the old saying (paraphrased P Keating) sounds true, "Never stand between the other people money and politicians."

It just provides liquidity on the way down. This may be a part of their thinking. Long term owners buying taking losses but living in them helping over geared investors head for the hills.

With the geopolitical situation developing as I see it there won't be much China money heading our way permanently.

Someone who bought in 1890 in Sydney was roughly sitting on the same house valuation in 1930, and in Melbourne till 1960.

Could be something similar playing out long term. Like a poorly constructed salary cap everything was frontloaded the last 20 plus years.

Won't be many property price discussions over dinner parties.

Just one more incentive/factor to inflate housing through demand without providing any further product to the market.

We have had more than two decades of ridiculous housing measures and the latest proposal just ices an already way too sweet cake.

Doubt many are foolish enough to think this is good policy in the current circumstances.

Was a great to listen to Monique Ryan on why things are so different in Kooyong and reasons she is confident of at least challenging Frydenberg in what has long been the bluest of blue ribbon Liberal seats.

The thing that resonated the most was simple mathematics. That being the demographic of the area, which for the first time in memory has the young vote outnumbering boomers. A generation that has been outrageously advantaged since the Howard government was in power and so often at the expense of the younger ones.

Looks like their power has finally been surpassed since their powerful voting block last carried against the good of the nation just three years ago. About bloody time and hopefully we can get on with necessary reforms now their hold is being lifted.

So quick reply....

Who are we voting for this weekend?

Undecided, but Liberal candidate will certainly have a higher number next to them than Labor on the lower house MP ballot.

Upper house/Senators wise, it will be the minimum 6 boxes though unsure on order and who will get the last one:
Animal justice
Greens
Labor
Jane Caro
Liberal Democrats

I'm in the Electorate of Cook so Scumo you won't be getting my vote. There are probably a handful of Labor voters in Cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Back