Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

@Black'n'White said:
Exactly Boon.

All too often on here you read about how a fan thinks the Club has been unprofessional, as if this is the first time a player has been moved on mid contract, the first time a club stalwart has been asked to move on, as if our club is the only club to have ever done it…

To be honest the only thing that is a first time around, is that this is the first time a player had the audacity to play it out in the media like a dog, first time someone stooped as low as Farah has.

The information being leaked isnt coming from the club, the media tip offs to meetings and attendees to meant to raise debate arent the clubs work either. Someone is dragging us through the mud, being unprofessional, yet some of you swing from his nuts and are blinded to the blatantly obvious.

Nicely put.

@swag tiger said:
farah has no right to bring brooks and moses into this

You need to understand that what is right - morally, and what people sometimes decide to go ahead and do are two completely different things.

@Black'n'White said:
Exactly Boon.

All too often on here you read about how a fan thinks the Club has been unprofessional, as if this is the first time a player has been moved on mid contract, the first time a club stalwart has been asked to move on, as if our club is the only club to have ever done it…

To be honest the only thing that is a first time around, is that this is the first time a player had the audacity to play it out in the media like a dog, first time someone stooped as low as Farah has.

The information being leaked isnt coming from the club, the media tip offs to meetings and attendees to meant to raise debate arent the clubs work either. Someone is dragging us through the mud, being unprofessional, yet some of you swing from his nuts and are blinded to the blatantly obvious.

So if Farah is and was responsible for shafting two coaches from the Wests Tigers - that was leaked - but never proven - you want that to stay behind closed doors too? It seems that those who want Farah out have formed an opinion about him from leaked information that was unfavourable about him, and now when the information being leaked suggests that he may have been poorly dealt with that is suddenly unacceptable. There were leaks all during time of the DCC re -signing about player discontent, players taking paycuts to play together, others wanting releases like Matia, DCC not getting along with the playing squad and so on . Whether you like it or not this is NRL news that people are interested in and it will be written about whether it is factual or not, until it is resolved.

@gallagher said:
@Black'n'White said:
Exactly Boon.

Nicely put.

What really gets me, is people who will not rejoin or support the club if Farah leaves,dont honestly know the true facts or the man himself….he has been put on the pedastal for along time now and thinks he owns it and the club....he either needs an attitude adjustment or a wakeup call...obviously JT has done that with the support of the BOARD..and Robbie doesnt like it...either does his manager...

@GNR4LIFE said:
@TYGA said:
Pascoe must have lined up Ivan Cleary.
If this article is true he has to know backflipping on Farah means parting ways with Taylor.
The situation is untenable and it looks like the reason Brooks and Moses have extended their option date.

You're clearly lapping up the spin. Things are not what they seem.

He's asked for a release, it's over. Doesn't matter how we got here, Farah asking for a release says that he's finally realized that the club is prepared to move on, and he's finally going to do the honourable thing and move on. 2 months too late, but better late than never. Now Farah doesn't want to be here. Clubs never knock back the release request of a player, because why have a player who doesn't want to be there? Especially a player who they've already been trying to move on for months before hand. Its obvious its a ploy from the club. Don't buy into it.

Farah doesn't want to leave the Tigers but he has been shafted in a disgraceful fashion.
The club has mismanaged this from the start. Can you blame the bloke the Tigers stated they would pay him out in full as it was about team culture? Then denied the release. Now a 4 year deal? The release request from Farah is on the proviso all money owed is paid in full. 2.4m. I see Taylor being sacked as the only way of retaining Brooks, Moses,Tedesco.

There is a split in the club and amongst us between Taylor and Farah problem is our best stars are aligned with Farah. You can't lose the best players coach has to go.

This is a hilarious quote by Pascoe..

"It's important for me, in any exit interview in any employer-employee relationship, you want to understand why someone wants to exit. It's important for me in my role to get all the facts and get a complete understanding of why he wants to exit."

BECAUSE YOUR ORGANISATION ASKED HIM TO LOOK ELSEWHERE OR PLAY RESERVE GRADE!

@Telltails said:
@Black'n'White said:
Exactly Boon.

So if Farah is and was responsible for shafting two coaches from the Wests Tigers - that was leaked - but never proven - you want that to stay behind closed doors too? It seems that those who want Farah out have formed an opinion about him from leaked information that was unfavourable about him, and now when the information being leaked suggests that he may have been poorly dealt with that is suddenly unacceptable. There were leaks all during time of the DCC re -signing about player discontent, players taking paycuts to play together, others wanting releases like Matia, DCC not getting along with the playing squad and so on . Whether you like it or not this is NRL news that people are interested in and it will be written about whether it is factual or not, until it is resolved.

Telltails, I dont care what goes on at other clubs, nor what has gone on in times of old here at ours to be honest. Though your post conveys that you think it is ok for the media to be fed information to destabilize it intentionally in the public arena, solely from Farahs camp, an undisputed smear campaign, and that is ok to you? No one player is bigger than the club. This is an undeniable instance of one player attacking the club.

The argument that that it is common place to leak information, so therefore it is ok to do so is ludicrous….

@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@goldcoast tiger said:
Any chance that you could answer 851's question
I can't wait for that one??

Flattering that you hold my opinion in such high regard that you're hanging out for it :laughing:

Were JT, Go and co the ones who signed him to that 4 yr contract? I don't think so. It's not like they signed him and changed their mind. They got here, saw the mistake made by the old board and are rectifying that mistake. Something they have the right to do since they are the ones running the club.

So that's when a contract isn't really a contract then
Thanks for clearing that up
Funny. I thought that WTs signed him, and that the actual people who co signed the contracts did so for Wests Tigers.
In fact , I think that's the situation.
His contract is with the club, Not individuals. That's why it's binding
So if he hasn't finished the bathroom, he's still got two years to go, if he wants to

Excellent. On a side note, i notice you completely dodged my point about Ivan Cleary's first yr at the Panthers.

@TYGA said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@TYGA said:
If this article is true he has to know backflipping on Farah means parting ways with Taylor.
The situation is untenable and it looks like the reason Brooks and Moses have extended their option date.

He's asked for a release, it's over. Doesn't matter how we got here, Farah asking for a release says that he's finally realized that the club is prepared to move on, and he's finally going to do the honourable thing and move on. 2 months too late, but better late than never. Now Farah doesn't want to be here. Clubs never knock back the release request of a player, because why have a player who doesn't want to be there? Especially a player who they've already been trying to move on for months before hand. Its obvious its a ploy from the club. Don't buy into it.

Farah doesn't want to leave the Tigers but he has been shafted in a disgraceful fashion.
The club has mismanaged this from the start. Can you blame the bloke the Tigers stated they would pay him out in full as it was about team culture? Then denied the release. Now a 4 year deal? The release request from Farah is on the proviso all money owed is paid in full. 2.4m. I see Taylor being sacked as the only way of retaining Brooks, Moses,Tedesco.

There is a split in the club and amongst us between Taylor and Farah problem is our best stars are aligned with Farah. You can't lose the best players coach has to go.

The 4 yr deal does not exist.

@Icon said:
This is a hilarious quote by Pascoe..

"It's important for me, in any exit interview in any employer-employee relationship, you want to understand why someone wants to exit. It's important for me in my role to get all the facts and get a complete understanding of why he wants to exit."

BECAUSE YOUR ORGANISATION ASKED HIM TO LOOK ELSEWHERE OR PLAY RESERVE GRADE!

Agreed this whole situation has been nothing but a mess. But the club has a duty of care for its employees so I agree with what Pascoe is saying here. He needs to understand if Robbie is leaving to pursue other opportunities or if Robbie is leaving because of the situation and how it has affected Robbie mentally/physically. If the later is the case the club has a responsibility to provide appropriate support to Robbie.

I still think all of this will end with Taylor sacked. Hes lost the majority of the team and you can't sack all of them. He has dug his own grave

@swag tiger said:
bye bye Jason taylor

What 3 coaches in four years.?…that will solve the problem...what about bye bye Farah....I love the Wests Tigers as a club,always have..I have seen plenty come and go,players and coaches and we are no better off by playing the blame game...hard decisions have to be made if we are to be competative...this is the start by moving on the last of the boys club...

@TYGA said:

I dont know if you understand contractual law, though if the Tigers were to pay out Farah in full, they could just as easily stipulate that if they are to pay out the contract duration, that he is unable to play at all for the same time frame. A move that would all but end his career. They could drop him to reggies and make him 18th man for 2 yrs…

People are under the misconception that Farah has to play to get his money, thats not true at all.

Its only posturing by Farah and Ayoub, an unreasonable demand, and shows a weakened position from himself that he has in fact found another club.

@TYGA said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@TYGA said:

How do you know this? Brooks and Moses are signed for 2016 with a highly lucrative option for 2017\. Tedesco is signed until end of 2018!

What players have come out and stated they are aligned to Farah over the club? Farah will most likely be retired by the time any of these players are off contract anyways.

@marzie said:
I still think all of this will end with Taylor sacked. Hes lost the majority of the team and you can't sack all of them. He has dug his own grave

Would be ironic, if Robbie moves on, then a few weeks later, Jason Taylor is told to leave.
Stranger things have happened, and nothing would surprise me from wests tigers.

@westTAHger said:
@marzie said:

Would be ironic, if Robbie moves on, then a few weeks later, Jason Taylor is told to leave.
Stranger things have happened, and nothing would surprise me from wests tigers.

Then everyone on here wins… i mean loses.....
:confused:

@TrueTiger said:
@swag tiger said:
bye bye Jason taylor

What 3 coaches in four years.?…that will solve the problem...what about bye bye Farah....I love the Wests Tigers as a club,always have..I have seen plenty come and go,players and coaches and we are no better off by playing the blame game...hard decisions have to be made if we are to be competative...this is the start by moving on the last of the boys club...

Brooks, Moses and Tadesco all want a new coach

@angry ant said:
How do you know this? Brooks and Moses are signed for 2016 with a highly lucrative option for 2017\. Tedesco is signed until end of 2018!

What players have come out and stated they are aligned to Farah over the club? Farah will most likely be retired by the time any of these players are off contract anyways.

I've been asking myself this same question for weeks, it makes no sense.

Staff online

Back