Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

Farah's history with WT coaches:

Sheens:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/wests-tigers-captain-robbie-farah-and-coach-tim-sheens-reportedly-fell-out-during-four-nations-tour/story-e6frf3ou-1226205548651

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/dumped-wests-tigers-coach-tim-sheens-says-he-was-disappointed-by-treatment-from-senior-players/story-fn2mcuj6-1226592082801

It is reported Farah led a player revolt against then Wests coach Tim Sheens to be terminated at the end of the 2012 season.

Sheens said that "players get rid of coaches" and "I expected a little bit better".

Like this classic Sheens quote: "The 19-year-old; if you tell him it's black and it's white, he'll still believe it's black. The older player who starts to struggle with their form, and for whatever reason isn't happy - or his form isn't happy - looks externally rather than internally. That causes generally the demise of coaches."

Potter:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/robbie-farah-furious-at-gorden-tallis-over-claims-he-said-mick-potter-cant-coach-20140727-zxfo2.html

"Robbie Farah told me to my face when I was on Triple M last year on a Saturday show, he told me that Mick Potter can't coach," Tallis said. "I don't go on Chinese whispers, I go on what he told me."
Ayoub did not deny Farah may have made the comments, saying: "That was correct last year but his opinion has changed. That was 12 months ago."
\
\
And now we have Taylor. Do people not see a connection here. Farah has gotten his way everytime and yet we still have missed the finals 4 years straight!

@Milky said:
Sack both the coach and the player, done with this crap carrying on.

I agree with you Milko
I'd be more positive for next year if Sheens were coming back tbh .
Every year is the same old crap !

@Geo. said:
Wests Tigers reject Robbie Farah payout bid as rake looks to quit the club
Date November 21, 2015 - 8:48PM

Adrian Proszenko
Adrian Proszenko
Chief Rugby League Reporter
\
\
Wests Tigers boss Justin Pascoe has refused Robbie Farah's demand for a full payout but hopes the parties can move towards a release resolution at a landmark meeting on Sunday.

Farah's manager Sam Ayoub submitted a written request on Friday night for an immediate release and a full payout of the final two years of his contract, worth about $2million.

Pascoe, who is seeking an audience with Farah on Sunday, said he was surprised by the timing of the request given coach Jason Taylor had only days earlier indicated Farah was on track to start the season in first grade.
\
\
"Emphatically, if Robbie was the best hooker – in round one, two, three to 26 – in our organisation, he would be playing in that position in first grade," Pascoe said.

"We received an email last night asking for a release, but we haven't agreed to any terms. The timing is surprising.

"Robbie has been nothing other than professional for the two weeks that he's been back. He's been respectful through the whole process and my belief is that, as an organisation, we've been reciprocal to that. Until terms are agreeable, Robbie remains a contracted player and we expect him to see out all the obligations of that contract."

Pascoe, who shifted into the Wests Tigers hot seat nine weeks ago after a stint at Penrith, said the club would not accede to Ayoub's request to pay out Farah's contract.

"The position of the club is that we'll take on the best interests of the entire organisation and the members, so that won't be happening," he said. "We will entertain any terms that become favourable to the organisation.

"I've reached out to Robbie and asked to meet with him tomorrow. I'd like the opportunity to discuss with him in more detail how he is feeling since this request has come through.

"It's important for me, in any exit interview in any employer-employee relationship, you want to understand why someone wants to exit. It's important for me in my role to get all the facts and get a complete understanding of why he wants to exit."

Farah, 31, who has attracted interest from the Roosters, has been in a tense stand-off with the club since Taylor revealed the NSW rake was not in his long-term plans.

Up until Friday, he had dug in his heels, despite the fact the club had signed Manly's Matt Ballin, who is battling to recover from an ACL injury in time to be fit for the opening round.

Pascoe was adamant Farah and Taylor were capable of putting aside their differences for the good of the team.

"It was certainly my belief that could happen," he said. "We were putting as much support and framework around that to support that."

That included consultant Shane McCurry, a coach and facilitator who had worked with a number of organisations including the AFL and North Melbourne Football Club.

"It's adding another string to the bow, we thought an independent person at this stage was a valuable asset," Pascoe said.

"Having someone of his skill set, capability and experience come to our organisation – which is a very young group across the playing staff, board level, coaching, management and administration – is an investment. He will bring some real value, leadership, culture and innovation in that space."

There is likely to be a period of wrangling between the Tigers and Farah over his payout figure. But given pre-season training is now well under way – and the saga has dragged on for months – both parties will be hoping for a speedy resolution.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/wests-tigers-reject-robbie-farah-payout-bid-as-rake-looks-to-quit-the-club-20151121-gl4ks8.html#ixzz3sBnXRjvr
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

I find it a bit weird that Pascoe needs to have a meeting with Robbie , to find out why he wants to leave. I know he came in here halfway rough all of this.
But does really not know why Farah would want to leave ??

@gallagher said:
@Black'n'White said:
Exactly Boon.

All too often on here you read about how a fan thinks the Club has been unprofessional, as if this is the first time a player has been moved on mid contract, the first time a club stalwart has been asked to move on, as if our club is the only club to have ever done it…

To be honest the only thing that is a first time around, is that this is the first time a player had the audacity to play it out in the media like a dog, first time someone stooped as low as Farah has.

The information being leaked isnt coming from the club, the media tip offs to meetings and attendees to meant to raise debate arent the clubs work either. Someone is dragging us through the mud, being unprofessional, yet some of you swing from his nuts and are blinded to the blatantly obvious.

Nicely put.

I agree, it's really terrible that Farah has stood up to a blow in "coach" and a board who has no knowledge of either the game or players and defended defended himself .
He should have rolled over and done whatever the club said.
What a bad boy!!

@swag tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@swag tiger said:
@TrueTiger said:
What 3 coaches in four years.?…that will solve the problem...what about bye bye Farah....I love the Wests Tigers as a club,always have..I have seen plenty come and go,players and coaches and we are no better off by playing the blame game...hard decisions have to be made if we are to be competative...this is the start by moving on the last of the boys club...

Brooks, Moses and Tadesco all want a new coach

Have they told you this?

As a matter of fact they are not resigning.

I suggest you state your source or proof of this because aside from contributing buggerall to threads since you joined, this type of nonsense is not going to fly on here.

So Shane is the coaching consultant and JT is the "coach". Got that! :eek:pen_mouth:

"We were putting as much support and framework around that to support that."

That included consultant Shane McCurry, a coach and facilitator who had worked with a number of organisations including the AFL and North Melbourne Football Club.

"It's adding another string to the bow, we thought an independent person at this stage was a valuable asset," Pascoe said.

"Having someone of his skill set, capability and experience come to our organisation – which is a very young group across the playing staff, board level, coaching, management and administration – is an investment. He will bring some real value, leadership, culture and innovation in that space."

@willow said:
@swag tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@swag tiger said:

Have they told you this?

As a matter of fact they are not resigning.

I suggest you state your source or proof of this because aside from contributing buggerall to threads since you joined, this type of nonsense is not going to fly on here.

I think it is a play on words Willow.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@swag tiger said:
@TrueTiger said:
@swag tiger said:
bye bye Jason taylor

What 3 coaches in four years.?…that will solve the problem...what about bye bye Farah....I love the Wests Tigers as a club,always have..I have seen plenty come and go,players and coaches and we are no better off by playing the blame game...hard decisions have to be made if we are to be competative...this is the start by moving on the last of the boys club...

Have they told you this?

Why should he have been told by the people who were involved, maybe he went to the same fortune teller that you do ,to get the stuff that you peddle here as factual, despite no one ever hearing anyone say it.
If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for all of us. :laughing:

So the latest is that Pascoe has offered Farah a two year extension on his current contract so that Farah can be a one club player and Pascoe is confident that Farah & Taylor can work out their differences .
I give up .. I need a labotomy !

@GNR4LIFE said:
@TrueTiger said:
@Tigerdave said:
The discussion and guess work is kinda interesting, but ultimately no one knows what is going on and I doubt the truth of the whole situation will ever come out.

Robbie will write a book and we'll still only get part of what happened.

No matter what though, no player or coach is bigger than the club.

Tigerdave you are spot on..no one is bigger than the club…yet the Farah fans who will not support or rejoin the club if he goes absolutely staggers me...he has had a good career with the Tigers,but he is no different to anyone else in the NRL who has to move on...and I couldnt care less if he is a club legend,so is Hodgo and he moved on....

Luke Lewis was one of the Panthers greatest ever players, captain, a premiership and SOO player like Farah and he moved on with an absolute minimum of fuss. Compare how he's conducted himself compared to Farah. Chalk and cheese.

That was handled by Gus . Someone respected in the game, and handled with respect with the players, not a lightweight fool, and his dopey , big mouthed assistant.( Who I might add doesn't seem to be still working in the game), you're right Chalk and Cheese.

@goldcoast tiger said:
@GNR4LIFE said:
@swag tiger said:
@TrueTiger said:

Have they told you this?

Why should he have been told by the people who were involved, maybe he went to the same fortune teller that you do ,to get the stuff that you peddle here as factual, despite no one ever hearing anyone say it.
If it's good enough for you, it's good enough for all of us. :laughing:

ok we are officially scrod

@Pawsandclaws said:
So Shane is the coaching consultant and JT is the "coach". Got that! :eek:pen_mouth:

"We were putting as much support and framework around that to support that."

Well there's bigger all of that here at the moment !!

Hence why Ayoub asked the Tigers for a payout, Farah knows the club can't afford it.

I'm utterly confused. The only reason I could see them offering him a 4-year deal is if he drops his yearly rate and gets employed as a trainer after 2 years.

And that is dependent upon him being a good club man. All the crap that has been thrown at him on this forum. It comes down to Pascoe and Farah. I like what Pascoe has done since coming into the CEO role. He has been attempting to rescue the club from Taylor.

Back