Robbie Farah..Discussion Thread.....

Robbie Farah has been granted permission to investigate opportunities to continue his playing career at another Club

I apologise if this has already been mentioned. But the wording of this strikes me as though Farah has asked the club for permission to look elsewhere. If this is the case, would the club be liable to pay a portion of his contract if it is he who wants out?

Why does anyone feel sorry for him? He is still guaranteed $2 million from the Tigers over the next 2 years despite how he plays.

People are made redundant all the time in business, NRL clubs are no different. He should be thankful his money is guaranteed. When you are made redundant in your job the rules only allow for 2 weeks severance pay per year worked plus your notice period (2-4 weeks).

He was the captain of a club which didn't make the finals in 4 consecutive years. What type of Captain takes stress leave when he is criticised?? I appreciate his efforts, but he was well rewarded for these by the massive contract he signed. What type of player has a big sook about trolls, yet he told the Prime Minister of the time to 'get a noose'.

He will go to another club and bag the Tigers. He will play a great 6 months and then fallback to the same standard he is currently at (average).

@underdog said:
If Farah leaves, Lawrence should stay on IMO.

Captain material, and has taken his shift to the back-row like a man, and a consummate professional.

Absolutely. People quickly forget he was earmarked for the role before his injury.

@GNR4LIFE said:
@underdog said:

Captain material, and has taken his shift to the back-row like a man, and a consummate professional.

Absolutely. People quickly forget he was earmarked for the roll before his injury.

I'd hang on to Lawrence. He's going better than anyone else in the second row, and he's shown great gumption to come back and reinvent himself.

@stryker said:
Idiot decision.
This bloke is the heart and soul of the Wests Tigers.
He along with Benji gave this club it's name and profile.
Wests Tigers joint venture would have folded without these two.
Both are club legends, both have been shafted.
Disgraceful.

Agree 100% what a disgrace!
I know he hasn't played well this season, but to say he hasn't for ten years is a joke…
It is obvious that he is not keen on Taylor's coaching one out play for 5 then kick. I don't blame him!
He is a club legend and still in the top three hookers in the comp.
Wait until next season and although I like him, cherrington the door mat hooker will be shown out, the other teams already know this and are targeting him...
Remember the panthers did the same clean out and are not far above us on the table....

Now that Farah is going Moses and Broooks will be exposed.
They can't guide us around without Farah.
Can't remember us winning with these 2 and no Farah.

@underdog said:

Yeah well said mate , i never thought i would do a full 360 on Lawrence after some of his performances in the Centres .
Lawrence has been a relevation in the 2nd Row and would be a great Captain with the choices we have available .

Just completely ignoring the yes or no of whether he's past it, how on earth did the mismanagement of the team's cap become such a shambles? They're telling a guy who was set to be paid almost $2million during the next two seasons that they can't afford to keep employing him. Embarrassing and amateurish.

@Magpie Magic said:

I'm not so sure, the added responsibility will be a challenge, but a positive one. In the past I think Farah's dominance of our attack has hindered the progression of Brooks and Moses. Throw in a young and exciting hooker like Cherrington and they have the potential to create something really special.

@Magpie Magic said:

Can't remember us winning many with him to be honest.

_Posted using RoarFEED 4.2.0_

@Magpie Magic said:

That's cos you can't remember winning…

Smashed the Rabbits without him.

@underdog said:

I agree.

Add to that the lack of nonsense that seemed to circle RF and I honestly think he'll lead by example.

@angry ant said:
Why does anyone feel sorry for him? He is still guaranteed $2 million from the Tigers over the next 2 years despite how he plays.

People are made redundant all the time in business, NRL clubs are no different. He should be thankful his money is guaranteed. When you are made redundant in your job the rules only allow for 2 weeks severance pay per year worked plus your notice period (2-4 weeks).

He was the captain of a club which didn't make the finals in 4 consecutive years. What type of Captain takes stress leave when he is criticised?? I appreciate his efforts, but he was well rewarded for these by the massive contract he signed. What type of player has a big sook about trolls, yet he told the Prime Minister of the time to 'get a noose'.

He will go to another club and bag the Tigers. He will play a great 6 months and then fallback to the same standard he is currently at (average).

This ain't a redundancy, though. It's just financial mismanagement.

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2015/08/26/00/34/robbie-farah-set-to-leave-wests-tigers-next-season

Farah speaking now, stream above

@hobbo2803 said:
@ryanda01 said:
Well it was bound to happen. I wonder if he jumped or was pushed…

I'd say he jumped , he's looked disinterested for ages .

Robbie bleeds WT and some Hobbo. I think he's been pushed out for cap reasons.
He looked disinterested to you, but to me he looked unhappy because he knew he wasn't wanted. What a rambles this club is. I'll mimic J Hayne's response to this, which is….
WOW just WOW. :bawling :imp:

Farah said he was told he'd be playing reserve grade next year if he were to stay around.

JT spoke as well, basically just paraphrased last night's press release. No further explanation. Pretty pathetic to be honest, and I'm one that supports the decision.

Wow, the JT presser was an absolute trainwreck. Completely farcical.

Imagine it'll be up on the foxsports website (and elsewhere) soon.

@marzie said:
Massive respect for robbie and the way he has carried the club on his back for years and years but something has gone wrong at the tigers for Robbie. He hasnt looked happy for a long time now and his form has been on the decline since the injury to the elbow last year. Probably the best move for the club and robbie tbh and it gives cherrington a chance to shine. Good luck to him, hope he is treated with the respect he deserves and has earned. He will be back at the club in some way post retirement I am sure of it, hes a tiger for life and loves the club.

Good post Marzie. I hope he doesn't hold any grudges when he moves on, as i would love to see him back at the club when he retires and The club would benefit tremendously having him back. A true WT, is Robbie. I feel so sad :cry:

@ricksen said:
Farah said he was told he'd be playing reserve grade next year if he were to stay around.

JT spoke as well, basically just paraphrased last night's press release. No further explanation. Pretty pathetic to be honest, and I'm one that supports the decision.

Not pathetic at all. The club said it would treat Farah with respect and no further comment would be made till his future was decided. Taylor made no further comment as he should. He is employed by the club. We all have bosses.

Latest posts

Members online

Back