Robbie Interviews Beau - In MX Newspaper

joe_s_magpies

Wests Tigers Captain Robbie Farah caught up with full-back Beau Ryan ahead of tonight's game at Campbelltown Sports Stadium for his weekly MX newspaper column. Ryan plays his 50th game tonight.

Robbie: Beau, how are you enjoying playing a bit of full-back this year? You are getting a bit more involved?

Beau: Playing full-back was great but I have been on the wing for the past few weeks. I don’t mind. As long as I am in the 17, I don’t care where I play.

Robbie: So Sheens moved you back to wing after you dropped a bomb that cost us a try against the Roosters?

Beau: Cost us a try!

Robbie: You didn’t let me finish. It cost us a try and a game?

Beau: No. Tim put me on the wing last week to mark Cooper Vina.

Robbie: Is that why. To stop their main danger man?

Beau: Exactly. Fitzy (Daniel Fitzhenry) is too small in the line and he wanted me in there.

Robbie: What about your off-field stuff. You have become a bit of a cult hero on The Footy Show? How are you enjoying doing that?

Beau: It’s good mate. I’ve got a good balance at the moment with family, training and The Footy Show. I just do it one day per week or fortnight. That’s all I can afford to do at the moment.

Robbie: What do you have in store for The Footy Show watchers in the next couple of months. Beau Knows?

Beau: I’ve got a few big ones coming up but I can’t give too much away. There will be a little bit of thrill seeking, a little bit for the ladies, and people from the local side..maybe even getting your face on tv to get you some extra publicity.

Robbie: I know you are not the quickest winger going around but everytime we score a try, you are the first one in there to celebrate and to hug all of the boys. Do you make that one of your regular things?

Beau: I don’t know what is going on here Robbie, you are hammering me (laughing). I was asked to do this and I am happy to do it but it has been a ribbing.

Robbie: I am just commenting on how you like to share all of the love with the boys?

Beau: I love the team, I love the boys. I love showing emotion. If I score a try, I love everyone in there. It is just great to see. We could be digging holes but we are not. We are having fun with each other and I just like to show how much fun I am having out there and how grateful I am for the opportunity.

Robbie: Well said, mate..Just on a few of your team-mates, who do you like pulling pranks on the most?

Beau: Bryce Gibbs. He has so many faults. He has fake teeth, his breath stinks, he is overweight. He has terrible dress sense. He can’t talk properly, his hands are too big for his arms. Basically he ticks all of the boxes but he is very, very funny and he just recently got voted second funniest person in the team.

Robbie: Daniel Fitzhenry got you earlier this year with the prawn shells under your car seat and you had to go and get your car cleaned. Have you got a bit of payback planned for Fitz?

Beau: I do. Good things happen to those who wait and nothing good is going to happen to him. I will get my revenge. Like I said at the start of the year when I sat everyone down and said don't mess with me. No-one has until Fitz. Needless to say he will be looking for a new club at the end of the year if I have anything to do with it.

Robbie: Bit of footy talk now. Coming up against the Warriors at Campbelltown Sports Stadium this Friday night, it is pretty important that we back up our good win from last week.

Beau: Definitely mate. We have a big fortnight ahead of us with the Warriors and the Bulldogs and we need to get some momentum going into the bye. The Warriors will be a big challenge and I have never personally beaten them in first grade. It is my 50th career game this week so get out and support me and the Wests Tigers. It would be good to get a win, especially at Campbelltown, my favourite ground.

Robbie: Thanks for having a chat mate and congratulations on reaching 50 games. I still love hugging you too after tries.

Beau: Thanks mate. I love you too. See you at the game!

in another thread they were supposed to be banned from any media. and like i said in the other thread i wish wests tigers would do their talking on the field. starting tonight.

Fitzy - 2
Beau - nil

Kavossy has got nothing on the Fitz when it comes to being the club prankster. :sunglasses:

:laughing: That was a great read.

It is only Mx - barely mainstream media - give em a break.

Beau: I do. Good things happen to those who wait and nothing good is going to happen to him. I will get my revenge. Like I said at the start of the year when I sat everyone down and said don't mess with me. **No-one has until Fitz. Needless to say he will be looking for a new club at the end of the year if I have anything to do with it**.

Go Beau! :laughing:

Exactly, bring back the man hug. Everyone tonight turn to the person next to you tonight, think of beau, and share the love

Back