TEAM LIST Round 2 vs. Raiders

Team List
very interesting team
run at strange all day
maybe galvinn moves to ball playing lock throughout the game ?

Good luck boys.

Big shoutout to Solomona Faataape for being selected to make his NRL debut! Wishing him all the best.
Massive congrats to Lachlan Galvin 👏 as one of our pathways players; it's a proud moment for the club, him and his family. Looking forward to watching him grow.

And a warm welcome to the other newcomers who are officially making their first appearance for the Wests Tigers this season 🖤🤍🧡.

We should do the same with Ethan Strange.
Samuela, u19 origin team mate - should come off the bench and line him up.

I'd also target Savage - he's rusty.

Tipping an upset 🫡
* Gamble responsibility
I was impressed with Savage, super quick and also Timoko in the centres when they played the Knights, I think we could be in for a long afternoon.

Benji commits & meh for mind.

Congrats to Solo and Lachy

Just hope we stick with Bud and Galvin for more than 1 game & give them a chance to get going.

Feel sorry for Bula & Papa the combos around them keep changing.

Seyfarth wins the lock role hope he digs into the line like the Warriors.

Sezer on the bench makes no sense, if our halves can’t play 80mins then they aren’t ready to play NRL - wasted bench & interchange coming up.

Bench aside from Sezer is ok hopefully Sammy and Pole pack a punch.

Benji commits & meh for mind.

Congrats to Solo and Lachy

Just hope we stick with Bud and Galvin for more than 1 game & give them a chance to get going.

Feel sorry for Bula & Papa the combos around them keep changing.

Seyfarth wins the lock role hope he digs into the line like the Warriors.

Sezer on the bench makes no sense, if our halves can’t play 80mins then they aren’t ready to play NRL - wasted bench & interchange coming up.

Bench aside from Sezer is ok hopefully Sammy and Pole pack a punch.
Sezer on the beach. Tim Sheens written all over it. Guess they still talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 851
some huge calls by Marshall made for his first official team list. some observations:

- Sullivan at 7 for mine is a bigger call than naming Galvin at 6. giving him the keys to the team instead of the old dog Sezer is a huge show of faith and one I hope pays off. he is going to have to kick 100x better than he did in the trials though, that much is for sure.

- Galvin had to be in the side somewhere, but I would be lying if I wasn't concerned about him starting. his talent is not up for debate, but his maturity – especially defensively – is. like @Jolls said, he may only play 50 minutes because he's not ready for 80 minutes, which makes sense if Sezer is at 14. in that instance I think that's good coaching.

- I'm not completely sure of what halves and backrowers make up each flank. Sullivan and Galvin both played down the right edge in each trial. I really hope we stick with what we have built combos with in preseason. @lathami , you got any idea who was on what edge on Monday morning?

- delighted for Sol Faataape. had first grade written all over him when he was playing for Easts in Q Cup. there's not really a tougher assignment than having to tackle Matthew Timoko in the NRL, let alone on your first day out. I do think he's a player that could become a mainstay of our backline if he performs. let's hope that begins on Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:
some huge calls by Marshall made for his first official team list. some observations:

- Sullivan at 7 for mine is a bigger call than naming Galvin at 6. giving him the keys to the team instead of the old dog Sezer is a huge show of faith and one I hope pays off. he is going to have to kick 100x better than he did in the trials though, that much is for sure.

- Galvin had to be in the side somewhere, but I would be lying if I wasn't concerned about him starting. his talent is not up for debate, but his maturity – especially defensively – is. like @Jolls said, he may only play 50 minutes because he's not ready for 80 minutes, which makes sense if Sezer is at 14. in that instance I think that's good coaching.

- I'm not completely sure of what halves and backrowers make up each flank. Sullivan and Galvin both played down the right edge in each trial, and Papali'i has switched from jersey 12 to 11. that also has me confused and I hope we stick with what we have built combos with in preseason. @lathami , you got any idea who was on what edge on Monday morning?

- delighted for Sol Faataape. had first grade written all over him when he was playing for Easts in Q Cup. there's not really a tougher assignment than having to tackle Matthew Timoko in the NRL, let alone on your first day out. I do think he's a player that could become a mainstay of our backline if he performs. let's hope that begins on Saturday afternoon.

I think Galvin will do 80 and not blow a candle out. I can't see them having a preconceived plan to replace him. Sezer on the bench is odd, maybe he will give Api a rest, maybe Sullivan goes to 9 for a stint, but I hate changing the halfback mid game or maybe Sezer plays at cameo at 13. It will be interesting

Not sure what the point is of playing Sezer from the bench. No utility value and I’m not a fan of changing halves mid game.

Rather see either Sullivan or Sezer picked and Simpkin or Da Silva on the bench.

I hope that Galvin does well but he's got a big task ahead of him defensively. Smithies, Tapine, Papalii, Young, etc potentially running at him

Staff online

Back