LIVE GAME Round 4 vs. Eels

Live Game Discussion
What a effort player smaller then every other forward tackle his heart out lots of passion always trying his best
He was always a favourite of mine. Busted his arse at every level.

That effort in defense 2nd quarter was immense and won us the game... Hopefully we can get to the stage where we can compete without infringing so often... But I had a feeling Medway thru the 2nd hf we'd get them... They were treading water
They all should be very proud and good to see some aggro from Ute... He was a machine early

Seyfarth and Samuela were immense in soaking up the relentless attack in the middle of the match after coming on during our possession drought.

I had never watched Samuela play until the trials and after only a few appearances thought that he could be our best forward by year's end, but hopefully Utoikamanu will continue at this level and rise to the challenge.

Galvin was sensational. He will be a superstar of the future. His maturity in defence and attack is incredible for such a young player. I thought Seyfarth off the bench made a huge impact as he has recently. Very impressed by him. I wouldn't hate him starting at lock, he seems to have the ball playing skills. Olam, Bula, and Klemmer all excellent. Papali'i disappointing

Its knowing when to use it.
We had them stretched for numbers as it was and through the hands likely sees Tupou in the corner. The use of the run around complimented the overlap we already had and the try was inevitable.
Sezer played the situation beautifully.

That's what trials are for, and we would have struggled to score on that play without utilising it for mine.

Shout out to Bateman today as well. Haven’t seen him mentioned much (hard with so many outstanding efforts). I thought he was immense.

Our forward pack on paper is one of the best in the comp and looks like they’ve started to realise it.

If Galvin can conceivably go to lock.
Galvin 13
Api 9
Sezer 7
Luai 6
Bula 1

Lovely.
2025:

Sullivan 14
Seyfarth/Doeuihi 13
Api 9
Luai/Sezer 7
Galvin 6
Bula 1

Starting to think 1.2 million, not just signing luai is a massive mistake with how well Sezer and Galvin have gone as well as Fainu still to come... Galvin has to be in the halves

I said a couple of weeks ago when some on here wanted to get rid of Seyfarth that there is an NRL player in him,that's why I think they keep persevering with him,he is doing very well ATM and I can see him getting better each game...well done to the guy...
His competitiveness and never say die attitude today rubbed off on the rest of the team. He is the sort of player we'll need to become a top 8 side

Great result built on first half goal one defence and good old hard running.
Hard to find a crook player, real team performance. Pride in the jumper being restored.
Thanks guys, you are restoring our faith.
Now Galvin will be out for a couple of weeks for that tackle, is it Sullivan or Lainu to 6 ( please don’t move Sezer from 7).
Told you Seyfarth always much stronger off the bench.
Go the Tigers !!!’

Gus Gould talking about Galvin on one of his blogs before Round 1 said the kid was a real NRL player despite his age and a future rep player. Not a big fan of Gus but pretty sure he got this one right. That Bula try set up by young Lachlan was very special.

Shout out to Bateman today as well. Haven’t seen him mentioned much (hard with so many outstanding efforts). I thought he was immense.

Our forward pack on paper is one of the best in the comp and looks like they’ve started to realise it.
Even a Juzzie Olam shot didn't slow him down, just scrapped for everything today!

I’m struggling guys. I’m here all confused.

If I had to write a perfect ending for that game. Would I have gutho pumping it left or would it have been slightly better if Moses did it? Even with Moses’s history I’m still leaning towards gutho…but not 100%

Someone tell me how a hip drop can be called for a one on one tackle ? Anyone who’s played the game knows you cannot slide upwards,
It matters not. The hip drop tackle is a scurge on the game and has to be erradicated. What Lachie did, as accidental as it was, can cause serious injury. He will get a spell for it.
Then a penalty for a shoulder charge that did not connect ?
I think that penalty was for the Bateman flop.

Back