LIVE GAME Round 5 vs. Dolphins

Live Game Discussion
I honestly think we do try to swing it, we’re just too slow and predictable. Many times dolphins were up in our faces by the time it got to our centre

Absolutely they did, because we weren't prepared
4 that sort of play just yet, primarily due 2 the 5/8
situation atm. Not training/turn-around, blah blah.
I thought we did good, shame about the injuries &
head knocks, we'll be better 4 it they need rest. Plenty
To love when they get back home, we did good 2night

Aside from Olam our edges are slow and not good enough.
Young Faatape is giving his best, but defensively not quite up to regular NRL just yet.
Bateman is terrible, worst back rower in the NRL by a big margin.
Papali’i tries hard, but not sure he still has the necessary athleticism to be a genuine attacking threat. More suited as a middle forward these days.
Maybe time to give Naden a run at right centre, he and Charlie ex teammates.
If you’re bagging our two “gun” second towers we have little or no chance.
Seyfarth went ok again off the bench. Twal and Klemmer both plodders but Stef going ok.

Absolutely they did, because we weren't prepared
4 that sort of play just yet, primarily due 2 the 5/8
situation atm. Not training/turn-around, blah blah.
I thought we did good, shame about the injuries &
head knocks, we'll be better 4 it they need rest. Plenty
of love when they get back home, we did good 2night
I think we’ll get a big crowd at cambo, place would have been rocking if we went in on a 3 win streak

Yea it was a scrum feed, and latu was out of position . I read it as he was pushing him to go to his spot .
I could be wrong though
Just re watched it...

Not sure what to make of it

On first watch I thought it was out of line

I honestly think we do try to swing it, we’re just too slow and predictable. Many times dolphins were up in our faces by the time it got to our centre
Our passing is quite poor. It only takes one pass to be too slow or slightly behind a player to ruin a swing wide. Nobody ever talked about Cam Smith’s dummy half passing but it was impeccable.

Five day turn around, API playing busted and Sutton riding the home team with a battery in the whip. A year ago the flippers would have won by 30
They were not flash but had a dig and if the ref had given them a fair shot it could have gone down to the wire.
Without a shadow of doubt Sutton is the most biased ref in the NRL. He rides one team every week, if your lucky it’s your team, but usually it’s the favourite

Stef still needs to work on his fitness. Caught out defensively at times, but ran with intent tonight. He was trying hard to lift us in the back end of the game.

Tupou is fast enough but doesn’t have enough heart to use it often enough. Olam must shake his head next to him.

With Galvin he slows the play, straightens the attack and has excellent awareness and passing. With Sullivan it's absolutely frantic and it looks like an all or nothing play every time.

Bateman also stunk it up.

Papalii gets gassed in games, the good run by Marshall has been on in the 2nd half against him a fair bit.

Good:
We look heaps better defensively, despite weakness up the middle. Recovery is also much better.

Stefano

We still look like a footy team

Back