LIVE GAME Round 6 vs. Dragons

Live Game Discussion
Agree. Nothing wrong with Sezar at all. He’s an organiser, he’s not a flare man. He tried hard today. That’s all you can ask for
Sezer had nothing to work with. Sullivan no help on the left & Ice pathetic on the right. Bula has obvious upside but has to work on providing good ball to his outside after creating space when chiming in on the right. As others have said, Faatape is a work in progress but probs benefit from a spell in 2nd's.
Sezer as desperate as the rest of us to have Galvin back.
Agree. Nothing wrong with Sezar at all. He’s an organiser, he’s not a flare man. He tried hard today. That’s all you can ask for

Pole has so much potential but fallen into a few bad habits recently. Fades in & out. Def not running with the same intent we saw in the past. Needs a reality check from the coach.
I like his strong carries but he doesn't overly impress me. Maybe a low ceiling for him.

Please don't talk rubbish about canning Sezer .He was one of our best but that would not be difficult with so many poor today .Sezer had 3 bad kicks and Api had a couple too
Was Apis worst game this year but unlike a few was all effort .
Papalii was terrible and Faataape very poor .
Sezer .Api and Steph Olam and Tupou were our best of a bad bunch
Bula tried his guts out but Lomax the best at retrieving attacking bombs in the NRL gave him a hard time
Sullivan my reaction -meh !!!
Staines has not scored a point for the Wests Tigers ever and doesn't look like he will in the foreseeable future
Benji and Morris need to fix the ineffective tackle stat as Dragons just stand with 2 or 3 tacklers and simply offload
Finally Galvin back next week but don't think he's going to turn everything around
Hes a talented kid who's had a couple of reasonable games but I expect him to get better every week .He will be a star 20 year old so I hope we've locked him up contract wise
Hope Bateman and Samuela back next week
Matamua and Kepoa don't put enough effort in
Papalii and Pole are bench at best

We were terrible today. Errors, penalties when we started to look good, bud Sullivan.

The thing that really stood out to me though was the way their backs dominated our forwards in getting quick play the balls. Lomax in particular was driving forward against 2-3 forwards and getting quick play the balls, even when there wasn't momentum in the prior tackle. That's really embarrassing for them. Really didn't see any improvement in our control of the play the ball at any stage. Forwards tripping over each other, very quick play the balls, markers not able to get set. The bad old days again.

Despite all our stupidity we still managed to get into good positions and only conceded 24 points. There was even momentum for an unlikely comeback until Sullivan got involved. I feel with Papalii on one side and Sullivan on the other the ball died and we didn't spread the field much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't talk rubbish about canning Sezer .He was one of our best but that would not be difficult with so many poor today .Sezer had 3 bad kicks and Api had a couple too
Was Apis worst game this year but unlike a few was all effort .
Papalii was terrible and Faataape very poor .
Sezer .Api and Steph Olam and Tupou were our best of a bad bunch
Bula tried his guts out but Lomax the best at retrieving attacking bombs in the NRL gave him a hard time
Sullivan my reaction -meh !!!
Staines has not scored a point for the Wests Tigers ever and doesn't look like he will in the foreseeable future
Benji and Morris need to fix the ineffective tackle stat as Dragons just stand with 2 or 3 tacklers and simply offload
Finally Galvin back next week but don't think he's going to turn everything around
Hes a talented kid who's had a couple of reasonable games but I expect him to get better every week .He will be a star 20 year old so I hope we've locked him up contract wise
Hope Bateman and Samuela back next week
Matamua and Kepoa don't put enough effort in
Papalii and Pole are bench at best
Papalli made 48 tackles. Who makes them if he doesn't?! Its the same as people who have been bagging Bateman. He would have been in Hunts face all day. In attack neither of them are standouts but there is no one who we can bring in to play 80 and manage the workload.

Papalli made 48 tackles. Who makes them if he doesn't?! Its the same as people who have been bagging Bateman. He would have been in Hunts face all day. In attack neither of them are standouts but there is no one who we can bring in to play 80 and manage the workload.
This is true. No one on the roster is close to either Bateman or Papalli on the edges.

Agree. I also thought Api kicking it out on the full straight after scoring was very costly. They scored off the next set. Just felt every time we were starting to get in the grind in the first half - and at times I thought we were slowly getting on top - they came up with a poor error.
And also Api giving away the soft lifting tackle penalty down at their end when we were getting some momentum.

Made the hike up to Cambo today fully expecting to get beaten, probably just my negative nature. What I did not expect was a totally lame performance. There was zero to take out of this game, the Dragons were there for the taking and we lacked intensity, we lacked direction, we lacked skill and passion. We looked slow and clueless with the ball. Absolute waste of time, money and effort making the trek.

The grind has come early this year and we have rolled over again. Sadly it’s not the coaching, we have a B grade roster that needs a major overhaul

we still thinking Top 8 ?
Only if we can get someone to sprinkle some magic dust over our players the same as happened in the Wests Magpies dressing room on one occasion before going out to play when Roy Masters was coach.
And it worked.
The players went from being lethargic just before the game started, then went on to win the game.
Of course nothing was actually sprinkled on the players, but with the rite words, the players were able to lift.
A case of a bit of sport psychology working.

ive said it before ill say it again...tigers need to wrestle teams to the ground....hanging on while they are standing means they can offload and its killing us
Agreed, absolutely, they do this wrestle/dance that is totally ineffective and the ball carrier just has a field day with us all the time.. Twal is the worst at it, which sux because he is the best defender we have when not trying to do that hold them up crap that they do.

Back