RUGBY LEAGUE 3 Announced for Release on Wii

Still can't believe they ignored the PS3, Xbox & PC markets :frowning:

The Wii sales would be miniscule compared to them.

Are they not confident enough to code the game for PS3 or Xbox or something?

@Zaibatsu said:
Still can't believe they ignored the PS3, Xbox & PC markets :frowning:

The Wii sales would be miniscule compared to them.

Are they not confident enough to code the game for PS3 or Xbox or something?

They always announce it on one platform first, and then a few months later depending on sales they might bring it out on other consoles.
Having not played the game and only seen it being demo'ed on the game cube controller I think releasing it on wii will add a new dimension to the game making it much more interactive then using a simple control.

Just doesn't make any sense to me.

I don't have many friends who are gamers but even I know of at least 4 people who would 100% definately purchase the game if it was released on PS3 or Xbox but won't be now because they don't have a Wii… So if I know of 4 myself then I can't imagine how many people its going to be overall!

You only have to talk to people about it and see their reactions, it goes like this:

Person 1: "Rugby League 3 is coming out in March!"
Person 2: "Oh hell yeah! Awesome!"
Person 1: "They are only bringing it out for Wii though :frowning:"
Person 2: "Oh what!? Why??? Are you kidding? *censored material*"

The bottom line is the Wii accounts for 11% of the gaming market, so straight away they are ruling themselves out of 89% of the market, unbelievably stupid decision if you ask me. Sidhe / HES don't deserve the NRL license.

Sidhe have nothing to do with theses decisions made, mate. We're basically the contractee / client.
Don't go shooting the messenger.

![](http://i45.tinypic.com/avpm3d.jpg)

Check this bloke out whoever he is!!!!!

Looks like he's testing out RL3…

Farah long ball ...Marshall ....Marshall inside to Lawrence...TRY...TRY....TRY....

Ha ha ha! Thats exactly what I supposed to be doing…..I'm using my favourite controller :stuck_out_tongue:

![](http://imgboot.com/images/wellyphoenix/nztiger1.jpg)

Cuzzo did a great job with the article. A TRUE Professional. :slight_smile:

@NZTiger said:
Ha ha ha! Thats exactly what I supposed to be doing…..I'm using my favourite controller :stuck_out_tongue:

![](http://imgboot.com/images/wellyphoenix/nztiger1.jpg)

Cuzzo did a great job with the article. A TRUE Professional. :slight_smile:

that's an awesome controller.. I want one lol

They came with PS2 RL2 preorders back in the day, but I also have an unopened Xbox version too. On the Wii, you'll be able to customise your Wii Remote with NRL plates which look pretty sweet. EB Games are doing RL3 preorders with those.
http://www.ebgames.com.au/images/packshots/nrl3_bonus_l2.jpg

@NZTiger said:
They came with PS2 RL2 preorders back in the day, but I also have an unopened Xbox version too. On the Wii, you'll be able to customise your Wii Remote with NRL plates which look pretty sweet. EB Games are doing RL3 preorders with those.
http://www.ebgames.com.au/images/packshots/nrl3_bonus_l2.jpg

sweet, I ordered it from EB games so should be getting the nrl plates.
sucks that you get all 16 teams tho.. what am i suppose to do with the other 15 teams lol

@Zaibatsu said:
The bottom line is the Wii accounts for 11% of the gaming market, so straight away they are ruling themselves out of 89% of the market, unbelievably stupid decision if you ask me. Sidhe / HES don't deserve the NRL license.

Where do you get your stats from, the wii has sold more than ps3 and 360 combined; hardly 11%

@Captain Awesome said:
@Zaibatsu said:

Where do you get your stats from, the wii has sold more than ps3 and 360 combined; hardly 11%

yeah, i'd like to know where 11% came from too.

2009 Australian Hardware Units Sales / Total
NDS: 730,000+ / 2.5 million
**WII: 730,000 / 1.7 million**
PS3*: 318,000 / 770,000
360: 313,000 / 850,000
PSP: ~100,000 / 604,000
PS2: ~100,000 / 2.5 million

* Includes PS3s bundled with Bravia TVs and other promotions. Excluding those the totals are: 272,000 / 646,000

@NZTiger said:
2009 Australian Hardware Units Sales / Total
NDS: 730,000+ / 2.5 million
**WII: 730,000 / 1.7 million**
PS3*: 318,000 / 770,000
360: 313,000 / 850,000
PSP: ~100,000 / 604,000
PS2: ~100,000 / 2.5 million

* Includes PS3s bundled with Bravia TVs and other promotions. Excluding those the totals are: 272,000 / 646,000

wow i didnt know the nintendo ds was so popular

Yes the Wii outsold PS3 & Xbox in **2009**… Wow... The fact of the matter is that the PS3 and Xbox 360 have been out far longer and therefore have sold far more consoles / games.

Ask around yourself, nearly every person you can ask aged between 14-20 these days has either a PS3 or Xbox360 or both... Nowhere near as many have a Wii, not even a quarter.

Wii makes up 11% of the gaming market as far as games sales go between the major platforms, with the PS3, Xbox360 & PC owning 89% of the market.

Source: IGN

But the 2nd number is **total sold**, mate. Both the Ps3 and 360 together is under the total Wii numbers so your point doesn't really add up. Sure, the 360/Ps3 are "favoured" Next gen consoles, I'm not arguing that..but there are still more Wii's in consumers hands and I'd say because of this, and that fact development is much cheaper on the Wii, HES decided to go with this option. Sidhe has nothing to do with this decision.

Well the brains trust at HES need their head's examined, the amount of sales they are going to lose by excluding PS3, Xbox & PC will be astronomical.

It's not just in the sales department but the general quality of the game as well, the Wii has a very weak graphical ability when compared to the other platforms, as well as worse general processing performance…

Launching this title on the Wii will most certainly damage the image of RL3 as it will never be in the same ballpark as far as quality goes than it would have been if made for the other platforms, just look at other major games such as Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10, FIFA 10 & Madden 10... They are all awesome on PS3 and completely suck on the Wii, mainly because the graphics are just plain craphouse.

Don't games after there released exclusively on one platform…..Come out 6 months later on all platforms?

@Zaibatsu said:
Yes the Wii outsold PS3 & Xbox in **2009**Ask around yourself, nearly every person you can ask aged between 14-20 these days has either a PS3 or Xbox360 or both… Nowhere near as many have a Wii, not even a quarter.

Z, I hope you are not suggesting that Rugby League 3 is only meant for 14-20 year olds..

will tuqiri be in it ?
like whats the point of bringing it out at the start of 2010 if the squads are 2009
like its out dated before it comes out

Staff online

Back