RUGBY LEAGUE 3 Announced for Release on Wii

@bjm8 said:
@Alwaysownyou said:
How much is it going for? Most Wii games are around the $70 mark have they bumped up the cost to capitalise on the novelty value?

Picked it up today for $99 at EB.

Was that with a gamecube controller?
If not, Im sorry to tell you big w have it for $78

@tiger sean said:
@bjm8 said:
@Alwaysownyou said:
How much is it going for? Most Wii games are around the $70 mark have they bumped up the cost to capitalise on the novelty value?

Picked it up today for $99 at EB.

Nope, nothing.

I'll take it back today then, then go to the pub for a counter meal and a couple of drinks with my $21\. Big W is right next door to my local EB, normally i would of checked but i was in a mad rush. Thanks for that.

@bjm8 said:
@tiger sean said:

Nope, nothing.

I'll take it back today then, then go to the pub for a counter meal and a couple of drinks with my $21\. Big W is right next door to my local EB, normally i would of checked but i was in a mad rush. Thanks for that.

Checked it out at the W and it was $78, took my game back to EB, told them i could buy it for $78 and they gave me a $21.95 refund no questions asked. Should of told them it was $49.

@bjm8 said:
@bjm8 said:
@tiger sean said:

Nope, nothing.

Checked it out at the W and it was $78, took my game back to EB, told them i could buy it for $78 and they gave me a $21.95 refund no questions asked. Should of told them it was $49.

Yeah I find EBs normally match other main stores IF YOU ASK. JB Hifi aswell. Just use you jedi mind tricks bj :laughing:

on the sidhe forums someone has taken the time to update all the teams and rosters for 2010.
i tried it out last night and his save file does work.

If you have an sd card i recommend uploading it and updating the rosters to this year's team.

I'm not sure, i tried to use the usb, but i put the file onto it incorrectly so maybe that's why it didn't register.
once i got it onto the sd card correctly it worked.

i think it might only work with an sd card tho because of the way you have to save the file to your wii you actually have to select an sd card tab and if you haven't got an sd card in there then i guess it wouldn't register.

neither does mine, but luckily my phone does have an sd card in it.
so i had to plug my phone into the computer copy the file, then fine the correct extension to make it fit into the wii.

How ridiculously amateur is it that you have to go to that much trouble?

They always do this. This company is an absolute joke - I'm surprised they haven't sponsored us somewhere along the line like the corporate heavyweights Radisson Maine and Herbal World.

When the release date was October 2009 I knew that it would be pushed back to the start of the 2010 season - they always delay their releases.

Then, they don't have the common deceny to update the squad lists and expect the consumer to upload and update the squads themselves?

What a joke. I'm taking my game back today without playing it for a refund.

Why should I contribute anything to that joke of a company?

@BeeJay said:
on the sidhe forums someone has taken the time to update all the teams and rosters for 2010.

If you have an sd card i recommend uploading it and updating the rosters to this year's team.

Do you have a link for this?

@Alwaysownyou said:
How ridiculously amateur is it that you have to go to that much trouble?

They always do this. This company is an absolute joke - I'm surprised they haven't sponsored us somewhere along the line like the corporate heavyweights Radisson Maine and Herbal World.

When the release date was October 2009 I knew that it would be pushed back to the start of the 2010 season - they always delay their releases.

Then, they don't have the common deceny to update the squad lists and expect the consumer to upload and update the squads themselves?

What a joke. I'm taking my game back today without playing it for a refund.

Why should I contribute anything to that joke of a company?

At least we have someone making a Rugby League game.

The game was scheduled to be released in 2009 and that was always the intention unfortunately due to unforseen circumstances with Nintendos stance on alcohol advertising, all alcohol related advertising had to be removed. If HES wanted a squad update, this would have delayed the game to at least Q4 this year. This wasn't viable for all parties concerned. I can understand your frustration, but unfortunately that was the situation we were left in.

Honestly the game is terrible.

The reviews got my hopes up but I finally got to play the game yesterday and I honestly prefer RL2.

I'm not just saying this to try and badmouth Sidhe or HES, I want a decent league game more than anybody and appreciate the efforts of anybody attempting to make it but honestly this is so disappointing.

Its just not good, sadly :frowning:.

Also, a heads-up to buyers, the game does not properly upscale to 1080p resolution, it looks crisper on a 720p tv than a 1080p tv… pretty sad tbh.

@simonthetiger said:
I was gonna buy it…Im interested on why it is not good???

Details pls.

If you own RL2 then I can tell you its pretty much just an updated roster & jerseys pack… All the same flaws are still there, even the animations are the same :confused: .

Graphics are very poor considering modern standards (sometimes I cannot even pick the numbers on the player's backs, and thats playing on a full HD 116cm lcd tv).

Adding to this the fact that controls are just awkward, 747 pilots require less controls to land at Heathrow, its just disappointing :frowning:.

I guess I was just expecting too much maybe... Personally I would give it a 6/10 and that is being very biased, if I was only a neutral league fan and not an obsessed one I'd probably give it a 3/10.

If that's how you feel about it, Zaibatsu, that's a fair comment. Each to their own.
But I can tell you now that we tweaked and added soooo much content in RL3, but it would be ridiculous to think that you would get anything greatly different as a sequel title. With the amount of time we had to develop RL3, after the release of the WCE, we would've been shooting ourselves in the foot we we had started everything from scratch.
At the end of the day, I think we delivered way beyond what was expected (the only exception being the unforeseen alcohol sponsorship issue), and HES have said that they have had nothing but praise from retailers & fans (and they get numerous phone calls a day) about the game since it's release.

Being a hardcore league fan myself, of course I wanted to see more, but sometimes you just need to be realistic and improve on what you've got and include new features that would be most beneficial to the game and the gamer's experience.
In terms of forums comments overall, we've had a mixed bag. Some rate it the best league game ever, others like yourself, think much differently. That's fine. I take all feedback on board.

In regards to the component cables, this is just a request from us to improve the gamer's experience in terms of visual quality but not a necessity. Most Wii games, as far as I'm aware, would deliver the same results.
Not seeing 'numbers on backs' tells me that you don't have the setup that is recommended.

@hybrid_tiger said:
@BeeJay said:

Do you have a link for this?

sorry about the late reply.. if you haven't found it already here is the link

http://forums.sidheinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=38865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's the link to the thread on the customised teams.
on it there are two links, one to tell you how to correctly install the file onto your wii once you have downloaded it
and the second is a link to megaupload where the file is being stored for download.

Back