Rumour - Cherrington to Penrith

@Swordy said:
@Milky said:
Cherrington, Ballin and Farah for Segeyaro

And we can throw in Milone, Buchanan and one or two others just to sweeten the deal.

Gosh i wish we could have Moylan, Segeyaro and Mansour.

Moylan slots straight into the halves with Moses

Mansour takes Rankins spot

Segeyaro to play the 80 at hooker

@Milky said:
@Swordy said:
@Milky said:

And we can throw in Milone, Buchanan and one or two others just to sweeten the deal.

Moylan will be Penrith for life so let go of that little wish. Segeyaro and Mansour are not unrealistic but I'm not sure wing and hooker are our areas of greatest need.

@Nelson said:
@Milky said:
@Swordy said:
@Milky said:

Moylan will be Penrith for life so let go of that little wish. Segeyaro and Mansour are not unrealistic but I'm not sure wing and hooker are our areas of greatest need.

Think we can get rid of all three wishes haha

@Milky said:
@Nelson said:
@Milky said:
@Swordy said:

Hey milky we need a half or 5/8 to play in our halves not a fullback like Moylan or Coote like you posted in another thread…. We already have 2 halves trying to develop into an NRL halves and we already have the best fullback in the Comp. Moylan or Coote ain't the answer to our halves problem

@tigermac88 said:
@Milky said:
@Nelson said:
@Milky said:

Hey milky we need a half or 5/8 to play in our halves not a fullback like Moylan or Coote like you posted in another thread…. We already have 2 halves trying to develop into an NRL halves and we already have the best fullback in the Comp. Moylan or Coote ain't the answer to our halves problem

Coote has stated that if he leaves the Cowboys it will be for a halves position. I think Norman would be the best option though.

@Balmain Boy said:
So the idea of a player swap could yet happen. If we see Liddle as the future hooker for the club then there's not much point keeping Cherry around. If we were to let him go now, in order to secure Taylor immediately i wouldn't be overly unhappy with that.

I've seen both players play a lot and without doubt Cherry is far more skillful and Liddle is far more of a one dimensional player. But with our halves already being highly skilled off the cuff talents, a hooker who does likewise may be one too many?

If Robbie and then Ballin are going to mostly play hooker this season gaining a workhorse back rower would give our team as a whole a benefit.

Apparently Taylor could be making a decision today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cherry leaving soon too.

What is his one dimension? The fact that he can defend the middle or that he can score 60m tries running from dummy half? I think both have a future and depending on the dollars they are currently asking for we might keep both. The key is unloading someone on 900k who is not worth anything near that

@Milky said:
@tigermac88 said:
@Milky said:
@Nelson said:

Coote has stated that if he leaves the Cowboys it will be for a halves position. I think Norman would be the best option though.

Yeh Norman would be a good pick up, but I just think that Coote would be still learning to play in the halves so it's no better or different to what we have now

Norman is a good player and I wouldn't knock him but I think his stellar form this year is due to playing with his halves partner, Kieran Foran.

@sideline eye said:
Norman is a good player and I wouldn't knock him but I think his stellar form this year is due to playing with his halves partner, Kieran Foran.

Maybe, but he played well in the first couple of rounds without Foran too. He will stay at Parra anyway so it don't matter

@foreveratiger said:
@NT Tiger said:
@old man tiger said:
A first grade spot isn't a job for life.

Id have cherrington penciled in at 9 for 2017\. If we are fair dinkum and another guy comes along who is better the gig will be his after that.

We can play these things smarter than we have in the past, where a first grade debut has meant a job for life for the "in" players and guys of equal talent don't get a look in.

This is what really concerns me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, when interviewed about the possible return of Benji, Taylor repeatedly said, Moses and Brooks are the future, like a mantra. That doesn't sound 'performance based' to me.

I'm not convinced that Taylor has much more say in the team structure than Potter did. As has been speculated by some on this forum I am beginning to believe there is a whiteboard in a back office at WT with a list of protected players on it to be retained and selected regardless of performance.

Have to agree.

To come out with comments such as they are our future :blah gives the players a sense of control and to me that really stinks.
Players need to be held accountable, when is JT going to hold players accountable for there performances?
Anyway our halves aren't that great anyway…...consistently there not.

Sorry FT but I think you missed my point entirely.
My view is that the very reason that Taylor is repeatedly saying Brooks and Moses are the future is because he can't say anything else. For the same reason he can't select anyone else. A decision has been made at a higher level in WT that we will persist with them. Could well be wrong but that is my suspicion.

I'll repeat a post Southern tiger made earlier:

. This is where you and half the forum just dont get it. Same as Potter in his first year here. The salary cap structure doesnt let Taylor just drop people. He has to balance his cap limit in case injuries hit. He cant have players playing 1 or 2 games a season (for non injury reasons) like Potter did. The salary cap means that you have to basically stick with your top 25 for the while season.

@innsaneink said:
I'll repeat a post Southern tiger made earlier:

. This is where you and half the forum just dont get it. Same as Potter in his first year here. The salary cap structure doesnt let Taylor just drop people. He has to balance his cap limit in case injuries hit. He cant have players playing 1 or 2 games a season (for non injury reasons) like Potter did. The salary cap means that you have to basically stick with your top 25 for the while season.

Is the top 25 locked in though or is it fluid?….I'm pretty sure JJ Felise is on an NYC contract....he is not listed in the NRL Squad on the official website...is he now top 25 or is the 2nd tier Cap being used to pay him now putting him ahead of the likes of Graham and young Grant due to the suspension of Woods and injury to Buchanan

@NT Tiger said:
My view is that the very reason that Taylor is repeatedly saying Brooks and Moses are the future is because he can't say anything else. For the same reason he can't select anyone else. A decision has been made at a higher level in WT that we will persist with them. Could well be wrong but that is my suspicion.

I don't believe this at all. If we keep losing there will have to be changes.

@Harvey said:
@Balmain Boy said:
So the idea of a player swap could yet happen. If we see Liddle as the future hooker for the club then there's not much point keeping Cherry around. If we were to let him go now, in order to secure Taylor immediately i wouldn't be overly unhappy with that.

I've seen both players play a lot and without doubt Cherry is far more skillful and Liddle is far more of a one dimensional player. But with our halves already being highly skilled off the cuff talents, a hooker who does likewise may be one too many?

If Robbie and then Ballin are going to mostly play hooker this season gaining a workhorse back rower would give our team as a whole a benefit.

Apparently Taylor could be making a decision today. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cherry leaving soon too.

What is his one dimension? The fact that he can defend the middle or that he can score 60m tries running from dummy half? I think both have a future and depending on the dollars they are currently asking for we might keep both. The key is unloading someone on 900k who is not worth anything near that

Nelson, better still we could have shipped him off at the end of last year and played the 32 year old hooker with the knee reconstruction. Who was responsible for that genius plan?

@stevetiger said:
@NT Tiger said:

Oh, I believe it. The Broses will never be dropped unless they sign elsewhere.

@Masterton said:
@stevetiger said:
@NT Tiger said:

Oh, I believe it. The Broses will never be dropped unless they sign elsewhere.

Benji left and Robbie was close to being pushed out. You can't keep losing footy games. We let Hodgson go.

Coaches and administrators will be sacked. Coming last or at the bottom of the ladder consistently is not going to give Moses and Brooks tenure within the team.

@Pawsandclaws said:
@Harvey said:
@Balmain Boy said:

Nelson, better still we could have shipped him off at the end of last year and played the 32 year old hooker with the knee reconstruction. Who was responsible for that genius plan?

Not sure what that has to do with me but you should probably wait and see how Ballin goes before carping on about him too much.

@NT Tiger said:
@foreveratiger said:
@NT Tiger said:
@old man tiger said:
A first grade spot isn't a job for life.

Id have cherrington penciled in at 9 for 2017\. If we are fair dinkum and another guy comes along who is better the gig will be his after that.

We can play these things smarter than we have in the past, where a first grade debut has meant a job for life for the "in" players and guys of equal talent don't get a look in.

This is what really concerns me. As I mentioned in an earlier post, when interviewed about the possible return of Benji, Taylor repeatedly said, Moses and Brooks are the future, like a mantra. That doesn't sound 'performance based' to me.

I'm not convinced that Taylor has much more say in the team structure than Potter did. As has been speculated by some on this forum I am beginning to believe there is a whiteboard in a back office at WT with a list of protected players on it to be retained and selected regardless of performance.

Have to agree.

To come out with comments such as they are our future :blah gives the players a sense of control and to me that really stinks.
Players need to be held accountable, when is JT going to hold players accountable for there performances?
Anyway our halves aren't that great anyway…...consistently there not.

Sorry FT but I think you missed my point entirely.

I did understand what you were saying NT and you maybe right in regards with a decision coming from a higher level to persist with them and I do agree about having to use the 25 squad players selected.
But…...
Like I said JT doesn't hold players accountable for there performances cause if that was the case? Jack Littlejohn would of come in for Brooks by now as he deserves a stint in state Cup and get his game going again with less pressure on him.
Since that isn't happening? Your point of a decision coming from someone higher than JT to persist with our halves could be the case.

Whatever happens we'll make the wrong call. We always do. Remember when Willie Mason was willing to go anywhere on what was pretty much welfare payments? And we were seemingly first in line and passed…

And he turned out to be a reformed man. Passionate, looking to help young fellas the best he can.

Back