Rumour - Cherrington to Penrith

fergiefurr

Apparently doing the rounds on the penrith forums, they believe it could happen sooner rather then later

They can take one particular hooker we have, and that would solve a few problems indeed.

Id be surprised.

I know they are pretty happy to let Segeyaro go (seems likely to Cronulla) and are pretty keen on a couple young hookers. Katoa and Soni Luke and see them as the future. Going for a different young hooker is against what I thought would happen

Maybe a swap for Taylor..I think Liddle has more upside to be honest!

Wouldn't surprise me to say the least .

I'm starting to think bugger investing on all this potential and overhyped players we have invested in the last few years only to see them go .
We are wasting our time and resources , under 20's means diddly squat compared to the NRL and that is where we have fallen in the trap…..thinking and believing players are going to be something there not .

Having seen Liddle play a few times now, I think he is our next first grade hooker. Has a bit of size about him, can defend and is a very good dummy half. Cherrington, although not getting many minutes, is struggling in first grade this year.

@foreveratiger said:

I'm starting to think bugger investing on all this potential and overhyped players we have invested in the last few years only to see them go .
We are wasting our time and resources , under 20's means diddly squat compared to the NRL and that is where we have fallen in the trap…..thinking and believing players are going to be something there not .

Sad but true..look at the teams who have been up around the top four in the last decade,most rely on getting their talent from elsewhere once they have reached a certain standard and invest bugger all in their junior systems

@supercoach said:
@foreveratiger said:

Sad but true..look at the teams who have been up around the top four in the last decade,most rely on getting their talent from elsewhere once they have reached a certain standard and invest bugger all in their junior systems

It really seems a time waster . I don't think to totally scrap it but i think we have heavily focused to much on this Department with no reward except for James Tedesco.

Players like Lamar , Seve , Te Marie Martin , Nathan Brown are a few that we have tried to bring through that have given us the farewell wave.

I'd sacrifice him if it meant a player swap with ET. He's not a world beater by any stretch, but he's head and shoulders above any back rower we have who isn't named Lawrence.

@Swordy said:
They can take one particular hooker we have, and that would solve a few problems indeed.

Id rather they took the one already mentioned, weve got enough non tacklers

Lets just say if this Rumour was to be true?
Would any of you guys entertain the thought of signing Craig Garvey from the Bulldogs ?

With Michael Licha back for them it seems he will be limited to game time , think he could be good especially if Farah does leave at Seasons end .
Thoughts?

@foreveratiger said:
Lets just say if this Rumour was to be true?
Would any of you guys entertain the thought of signing Craig Garvey from the Bulldogs ?

With Michael Licha back for them it seems he will be limited to game time , think he could be good especially if Farah does leave at Seasons end .
Thoughts?

Nah too early, way too many hookers despite the fact they are no longer world class
It will just give some people more reason to criticise the decisions made by our club.

this is crap - we say this about every player we bring through - "Ah they will never amount to anything anyway" - how the hell would we know - we never give them a run in the top grade to see how they would go. Penrith took Martin on and changed their team around him - if it doesn't work at least they gave him a chance to see what he could do - if it works we lose and they win. Us - we will stick with the plodders.

Swap him for one of their players, if not then no.

They have plenty in the same calibre that i would take,

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Leilani Latu
Will Smith
Nathan Cleary
James Fisher Harris
Zach Dockar Clay

Or we could pay extra for a proven first grade quality hooker Segeyaro.

Swap him for one of their players, if not then no.

They have plenty in the same calibre that i would take,

George Jennings
Robert Jennings
Leilani Latu
Will Smith
Nathan Cleary
James Fisher Harris
Zach Dockar Clay

Or we could pay extra for a proven first grade quality hooker Segeyaro.

They are trying to get us to up what we are paying him so they can get Liddle. Maybe unlike us The panthers can spot a overhyped junior and that is why they take Martin over Cleary or Cherrington over the youngsters named above

@Harvey said:
They are trying to get us to up what we are paying him so they can get Liddle. Maybe unlike us The panthers can spot a overhyped junior and that is why they take Martin over Cleary or Cherrington over the youngsters named above

Agree - as much as I hate Gould - the guy is a very smart operator who has been around league forever - he knows talent when he sees it -he even talked up how the WT should do everything to keep Moses and Brooks while he made a play for Martin. We have placed way too much emphasis on keeping juniors who show early promise but never deliver.

Not too fussed either way. I think Liddle is showing a bit more promise at this stage.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back