Ryan Matterson signs Offical

@ said:
Best back row forward signing since Ellis

:eek:pen_mouth: settle down..

Great signing certainly adds depth to a few positions…..definite First Grader..till he drops the ball the 1st time...lol

@ said:

100% percent agree, not just for the player but also that fact the the Tigers were able to beat off a number of clubs to get his signature. The tide is turning.

@ said:
@ said:

:eek:pen_mouth: settle down..

Great signing certainly adds depth to a few positions…..definite First Grader..till he drops the ball the 1st time...lol

Name a better one. The list isn’t a long one.

@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
@ said:
Agreed

Feki would be amazing if we got him

I said this in the signings thread and most seemed to think Corey Thompson was a better option. :unamused:

Forget Feki, Corey Thompson is better and is already roaming around in our backyard.
Matterson is a great signing.

You’d prefer Thompson hitting the ball up from 20 than Feki?

Thompson has a big heart but he’s just too small.

Feki is no better than Nofo or Thompson..if you upgrade generally that means better than what you already have a no sence signing .

Great stuff, he is a good pickup.
Will make our run on side and we have him before his better years as well.

Having previously been a 5/8 he maybe the Tigers version of Wade Graham in that he possesses some ball skills and a kicking game in addition to his running game.

I could not leave Thompson out of my starting side. Despite his size he has the skills that make a good winger, plus we have a capable fullback in a pinch if Mbye goes down during a game.

@ said:
I could not leave Thompson out of my starting side. Despite his size he has the skills that make a good winger, plus we have a capable fullback in a pinch if Mbye goes down during a game.

Too right. If we’re all about earning your spot then Thompson epitomises everything the Tigers are trying to be.

@ said:
Feki is no better than Nofo or Thompson..if you upgrade generally that means better than what you already have a no sence signing .

You must of missed the Roosters, Sharks semi.
I sincerely doubt Nofo or Thompson could have scored Fekis first try.

Great signing..

And like I said hopefully we can nab his brother too for ISC / back up.

Wonder if we'll use Matterson as a lock, he wants more game time apparently can play in the middle has the size mobility and ball skills.

@ said:
Wonder if we'll use Matterson as a lock, he wants more game time apparently can play in the middle has the size mobility and ball skills.

sounds gd

Matterson can play big minutes on an edge and in my humble opinion would be more effective in this role rather than at lock.

@ said:
Matterson can play big minutes on an edge and in my humble opinion would be more effective in this role rather than at lock.

I agree, plus we can cover lock with ET, we have no edge backrowers other than Rowdy and Garner, MCK as a reserve in the 17

@ said:
@ said:

You must of missed the Roosters, Sharks semi.
I sincerely doubt Nofo or Thompson could have scored Fekis first try.

I’ve watched more than one game and I disagree.

@ said:

You could be right, though our right edge is much more of an issue and Ryan spending a regular eighty minutes there would seem a better use of his skills at this stage.

Welcome to the WESTS TIGERS family ,
Ryan Matterson.
Go Hard !!! and
Good Luck mate !!!

Back