Scott Fulton sacked

Richo said it’s not about what he says but what he does.
What he’s done is sack a few people with the outcome still to be seen. Anyone can sack people, doesn’t make them the messiah. Like I said in my original post, I’m glad he’s hear and he’s done it all before so I’m confident he can make positive changes but 6 months ain’t going to be enough and I think there’s plenty of water to go under the bridge before we really judge him but that’s just my opinion.
I agree we need him here long term. I think he’s already changed the perception of the club, which is much more than just removing dead wood.

I agree we need him here long term. I think he’s already changed the perception of the club, which is much more than just removing dead wood.
Yep totally agree on that. Seems like the Tigers have a bit more credibility since the changes and appointments.
As you say though, it’s only perception and that doesn’t mean much in reality hence my comments. That said, I’d rather this perception over the previous version.

Yep totally agree on that. Seems like the Tigers have a bit more credibility since the changes and appointments.
As you say though, it’s only perception and that doesn’t mean much in reality hence my comments. That said, I’d rather this perception over the previous version.
Perception is reality and credibility is huge in recruiting good players. We were a known dumping ground for cast-offs before. e.g. Luai picking us over the Bulldogs, an outcome that happened in reverse plenty of times under the previous management. Leaving us with a last-placed roster. We’re not there yet but you can see the upward trend in a matter of weeks.

With respect, all Richo’s done is sack a heap of people so far. I know you can draw a parallel between Richo’s appointment and Luai’s signing but in truth it may well have happened anyway. I’m a fan of Richo and am really glad he’s been put in the role but I’ll reserve judgement on his success or otherwise until after half a season or so at least.
Hopefully he extends the 6 months so we can get a better picture on how he impacts the club.

My comment wasn’t directed at Richo in its entirety it was actually about the HBG. But in essence I agree he has sacked a load of people, people which obviously needed the bullet a while ago. It is a wait and see how this all plays out as you say he could up and leave in 6 months and we’d likely fall back into the fatal position. But I must say I’m looking ahead with much more optimism than I was a month ago.

Perhaps I’m just a scarred old Tigers fan mate. I need to see it rather than perceive it. Call me Judas.
2025 loading…

Attachments

• D524D177-2C77-427D-B82A-1CCB37A182A4.jpeg
    D524D177-2C77-427D-B82A-1CCB37A182A4.jpeg
    91.4 KB · Views: 15
I think that the brief for Richo is to clear the decks, and establish a new( and hopefully successful) organisational set up that can be continued by subsequent appointees.
I can see that possibly happening by mid year but he may stay on till season end then you may find perhaps one Mr R. Farah stepping into the role and making sure the model is adhered to. Hopefully he can do that !
Just my thoughts….
PS Barry hasn’t been sighted, or heard from as yet, so think he’s just overseeing from above, and will leave on or about when Richo does.

Aka Simon, come on “Mr. John Blackman” ( that’s to clarify I’m not racist) cant you please post something so others know what I’m talking about !
I think it’s gone through to the keeper for a lot of our viewers !
I thought your talking about Sid Vicious... And now hey hey it's Saturday? Not really sure what yiur talking about

I think that the brief for Richo is to clear the decks, and establish a new( and hopefully successful) organisational set up that can be continued by subsequent appointees.
I can see that possibly happening by mid year but he may stay on till season end then you may find perhaps one Mr R. Farah stepping into the role and making sure the model is adhered to. Hopefully he can do that !
Just my thoughts….
PS Barry hasn’t been sighted, or heard from as yet, so think he’s just overseeing from above, and will leave on or about when Richo does.
I kinda think it's the opposite here.

He cleared out Fulton quickly, but not instantly.
There was that tiny bit of research/investigation and for whatever reason he went S. Fulton isn't good enough. Most likely because he leaked his head off.

So suspecting judgement over "hack n slash" but could be either. Heck it could be "I know dead wood that want's a job", lets hope not. Well lets see in 6 months how the club is.

I thought your talking about Sid Vicious... And now hey hey it's Saturday? Not really sure what yiur talking about
I was referring to Sid Vicious but I also call Tiger One “ John Blackman” coz he’s so quick to put up a photo or a caption relating to certain posts. I thought he might have been able to put something up about Sid and the Sex Pistols !
Hope that makes sense ink !

With respect, all Richo’s done is sack a heap of people so far. I know you can draw a parallel between Richo’s appointment and Luai’s signing but in truth it may well have happened anyway. I’m a fan of Richo and am really glad he’s been put in the role but I’ll reserve judgement on his success or otherwise until after half a season or so at least.
Hopefully he extends the 6 months so we can get a better picture on how he impacts the club.
I suspect Richo has done virtually nothing so far. Those who were sacked took no part in the review, and therefore their future was determined before the review started.
what sort of organisation would preclude the chair and CEO from an external review? 😂

I kinda think it's the opposite here.

He cleared out Fulton quickly, but not instantly.
There was that tiny bit of research/investigation and for whatever reason he went S. Fulton isn't good enough. Most likely because he leaked his head off.

So suspecting judgement over "hack n slash" but could be either. Heck it could be "I know dead wood that want's a job", lets hope not. Well lets see in 6 months how the club is.
I was also referring to systems as well as HR. As he mentioned in his presser he said (rightly so) he has a good feel for how a successful club should be set up and operate, and that’s what he’s here for.
Only time will tell what the outcome will be but I feel he’s in to do a consultancy, get things organised and then he will move on. I can’t see it being a long term appointment.

I was referring to Sid Vicious but I also call Tiger One “ John Blackman” coz he’s so quick to put up a photo or a caption relating to certain posts. I thought he might have been able to put something up about Sid and the Sex Pistols !
Hope that makes sense ink !
Champion @Halbrowne61 - sadly I was so slow off the mark with this one, the photo I have of Sid (and Nancy) has turned black & white. And really sad is his story, wasted in every way!

Champion @Halbrowne61 - sadly I was so slow off the mark with this one, the photo I have of Sid (and Nancy) has turned black & white. And really sad is his story, wasted in every way!
Sid was a pure myth. He didn’t play the bass on their record. Haven’t looked too deep into why he was even in the band, but he could barely play. Must have been PR.

I was also referring to systems as well as HR. As he mentioned in his presser he said (rightly so) he has a good feel for how a successful club should be set up and operate, and that’s what he’s here for.
Only time will tell what the outcome will be but I feel he’s in to do a consultancy, get things organised and then he will move on. I can’t see it being a long term appointment.
You are probably right about the level of Richo’s job description. Those who have caused the mess, and to their credit humbly allowed Richo and O’farrell in to rewrite policies and procedures, are going to want their jobs back at some point.

Just my thoughts….
Barry shouldn't be heard from. Chairman of the Board should have nothing to say in the media. So it's all good in the hood so far.

Richo Benji and basically the whole club is in the early stages of the honeymoon. Richo and Benji are both respected in the NRL world so at this stage they are seen as the people who are going to make Weststigers great.

Come round one things change or should I say round two, all the media attention turns to results. The back slapping stops and reality kicks in. That’s when Benji and Richo will need to weave their magic because after a couple of bad results the media will be back to their nasty ways

Just my thoughts….

You might be right but I'm hoping not.

I'm guessing Richo doesn't know himself.

The six months thing is so he can set a good trajectory before new board is commissioned and he answers to them. Of course he is already answering to the HBG ownership and once the new directors are vetted and appointed no doubt there will be unofficial collaboration so everything is smooth.

But still there must be a formal process.

But I'm speculating that Richardson's tenure will depend on how much of a buzz he gets out of it and how much winning there is.

If he feels that there’s plenty of blue sky there might be a succession of six month contracts.

If not he may move on quickly.

If he moves on quickly we lose much of what he offers. He may put systems in place which is all good but his relationships with the media, players management and the professionalism he brings to football operations by his mere presence is gone.

Latest posts

Back