OFFICIAL SG Ball Cup

I don't think TDS will last the season in SG Ball. I can see him and Miller doing a similar thing to Feledy last season. Get some minutes and then move up when the senior grades (Flegg, Cup, NRL) start.
It’s a long season for that though.
But maybe playing a bit of footy each weekend might be good for them rather than having the weekends off or doing a bit of preseason training with 1sts.

Anyone going the watch either Wests or Balmain play this weekend ?
Definitely some good emerging talent spread across both teams.

Last edited:
UNE SG Ball Cup - Round 1 vs. Sharks

Saturday, February 3 - 3:15 p.m. AEDT
PointsBet Stadium, Sydney

BALMAIN TIGERS

1. Cameron Kanaan
2. Cooper Rauhihi
3. Xavier Tauaifaiga
4. Cayden Close
5. Hozea Kedzlie
6. Cohen Benson
7. Marc Tannous
8. Matthew Aitchison
9. Jared Haywood
10. Archie Riley
11. Sam Schmitzer
12. Adam Meslemani
13. Kian Edmed (c)

14. Chad Daniels
15. Christian Taula
16. Douglas Tuala
17. Ratu Sovau

18. Levi Gwynne-Tuitahi
19. Keenan Lawandos
21. Jonah Watson
Coach: Chris Yates
Is Cayden Close from Coffs Harbour via Hunters Hill College? I read Manly were after him a couple of years ago and he is a former NSW and Aust U16s touch player and sprint star.

KR, where is Jekope Sovau?
I was impressed with his speed for a big guy in the game against that Pommy side not that long ago. Can't see him in any SG Ball sides.
He’s on the bench for Balmain SG Ball under the name Ratu Sovau.

He’s on the bench for Balmain SG Ball under the name Ratu Sovau.

It's amazing how different cultures work. Blows me away how they just change their name. I'd love to change my name. Jorge (horhay) Hernandez Rodriguez has a great ring to it.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
It's amazing how different cultures work. Blows me away how they just change their name. I'd love to change my name. Jorge (horhay) Hernandez Rodriguez has a great ring to it.
Its not just a name change. Ratu isnt technically a name. Ratu means chief in Fijian and in a family or community under indigenous Fijian culture, a son will be named Ratu when they reach a particular status within the family/community.

Its not just a name change. Ratu isnt technically a name. Ratu means chief in Fijian and in a family or community under indigenous Fijian culture, a son will be named Ratu when they reach a particular status within the family/community.
Good post, I thought there may have been more to it as have still seen him referred to as Jekope elsewhere.

I'd change mine to Brandon Pearson seeing that it's not being used any more.

Does anyone know what time wests sg ball are playing on Saturday at brookvale??

I think he’s ok.

I see much more of the Wests side than Balmain, so I’ve only really seen him in Jersey Flegg when he played up a grade last year.

Workhorse second rower with a decent offload.
He spoke well in his interview with Chris Warren.
He’s a big unit who’s more mobile than some think, 2024 could be the year he emerges.

Latest posts

Back