OFFICIAL Sheens gone

We certainly don’t currently have the right playing roster to finish in the top 8, no matter who is the coach.
All our past coaches have contributed to this with poor recruitment & retention decisions.
I’m confident Benji will do a much better job when it comes to recruitment & retention which if correct will allow us to achieve much better results regardless of his coaching experience that many have doubts about.
Wish I had your confidence mate.
The board seemed to think of Benji and coach in the same sentence when nobody else with limited experience wanted the job.
Why did the board want a coach with limited or no experience?
When did Benji first announce that he was interested in coaching?
Was it a couple of days after he was offered the job?
Who has actually been coaching the team this season?
Apparently Sheens is not wanted in his job as Manager Football anymore?
Why does he now have nothing to offer?
The more one thinks about the decisions from the last 8 years the more they appear to be politically motivated. And this is why people are leaving the club angrily in many cases, or in the case of a 72yo who has the experience and practical knowledge to bring success...leaving dissapointed.

We certainly don’t currently have the right playing roster to finish in the top 8, no matter who is the coach.
All our past coaches have contributed to this with poor recruitment & retention decisions.
I’m confident Benji will do a much better job when it comes to recruitment & retention which if correct will allow us to achieve much better results regardless of his coaching experience that many have doubts about.
You've stated this pretty regularly, but why are you confident? Aside from the tired "well, we can't do worse" line.

Does anyone know if Benji’s contract now expires in 2027 or 2028?

Not sure if he’s contracted to be head coach for 3 or 4 years.
I thought he was AC in 23 & 24 then HC in 25, 26 & 27.
So he may get a pay bump next year and have a 4 year HC deal or more likely, his 3 year HC deal will be brought forward to begin in 24 and expire 26, possibly with a performance based option for 27. Either way, not sure how 28 comes into it currently.

God knows though with this mob.

Easily argue - easy isn’t it… maybe that’s the problem.

I love it when the circus workers use another player to argue another player will be a cracker…

What’s Brooks got to do with what I said.

The point of your point - is there isn’t one? Is that it?

Brooks was no good - so this has been we haven’t even signed yet, a kid who’s done nothing and a baby who’s done even less will remedy the situation…

I can tell you what I will argue - I’ve seen (very recently) your man Brooks outplay the current Australian half… and absolutely school a top 4 side full of rep players…

When you’re saying the same thing about Latu, Sullivan or Sezer - you might have a point…
Until then - roll out your “bud Sullivan scored 2 tries against the back to back wooden spooners who haven’t tackled well for 25 odd years”
If you can't see the irony thats on you, I have never once said Sullivan scored 2 tries against us, he will be the saviour or anything similar, all I have ever said is we can't keep doing the same thing over and over hoping for a different result.
Your love affair with Brooks clouds your judgement on almost everything Wests Tigers related, so I probably should disregard most everything you say, thats on me

Reactions: BZN
😂😂😂
Benji and Robbie won't tolerate Mediocrity - I've heard it all....

This is the same Benji and Robbie that couldn't average above a 50% winning record after 14 (or 16)
Seasons at the club?

The ARE Mediocrity....
If not - Then what is?
Stats show Daly Cherry Evans wins are at 52% over 303 appearances

Jonathan Thurston 55% over 323 games.

Benji Marshall 52% over 346 games

So....what's your point?

Hi guys, I’m new here. This seems like a safe place to vent on a decade of tiger disappointment and embarrassment
You've hit the rite spot on the dial XDuffman, as this Wests Tigers Forum according to the World Helth Organisation is the world's no. 1 forum for talking and venting about the three big F's.... Fishing 🐟 Food :) and WT Footy 👣.... r e s p e c t f u l y.... as you will no doubt have already recognized ;).

😂😂😂

There he goes again
- I don't have an answer... Um, dahh...
Brooks!!

Lets summarise this exchange....
I wondered how a Rookie, A Has been - And a kid whos never played a game -could be considered
Better, or in deed our saving grace?
Your counter was Brooks??

I asked what he had to do with what I said - And your answer is still Brooks...

And you reckon I'm missing something...

The same thing over and over
- Like letting go of experienced players, Buying guys that are past it
- And lumbering everything on untested Rookies?

Thank god we're not doing that again next year... Oh, Hang on!!
Brooks is a verb, noun and adjective

To use a Biblical phrase, this club feels like it’s in the end times. Least we’ll always have 05.

You've stated this pretty regularly, but why are you confident? Aside from the tired "well, we can't do worse" line.
Benji along with Farah are so far the two greatest ever Wests Tigers players bar none, surely nobody can argue with that ?
Benji and Farah don’t need the Wests Tigers, they are both passionate about the club they won a premiership with and will pour their heart and soul into getting the best possible results as soon as possible.
Nobody can deny Benji was an elite player of his generation and looked up to as a role model by many, including quite a few of the current and young up and coming players.
As quoted by Cameron Smith, Benji played a significant coaching role in the latter stages of his playing career which was endured by Wayne Bennett, I do not think those two would be endorsing someone as a coach/potential coach if they did not believe he would be a success.
As an elite player over many years at four different NRL clubs, I think it’s fair to say Benji would have a fair idea what it takes to have the right players to create a successful team.

Benji along with Farah are so far the two greatest Wests Tigers players bar none, surely nobody can argue with that ?
Benji and Farah don’t need the Wests Tigers, they are both passionate about the club they won a premiership with and will pour their heart and soul into getting the best possible results as soon as possible.
Nobody can deny Benji was an elite player of his generation and looked up to as a role model by many, including quite a few of the current and young up and coming players currently playing.
As quoted by Cameron Smith, Benji played a significant coaching role in the latter stages of his playing career which was endured by Wayne Bennett, I do t think those two would be endorsing someone as a coach/potential coach if they did not believe he could be a success.
As an elite player over many years and for four different NRL clubs, I think it’s fair to say Benji would have a fair idea what it takes to have the right players to create a successful team.
Good post. Both represented their respective nations. both won a premiership with WTs and I daresay earnt the respect of team mates and their opponents.

We are 100% in agreement on this point.

We are going to have an elite spine next year:-

1. Bula the magic man
6. Latu Fainu - the 2nd coming of Wally Lewis
7. Sullivan - Steve Mortimer clone but with more zip zip
9. Api - the best dummy half in the game

Back that up with a big angry pack and fast powerful outside backs.

To top it all off Benji "Jack Gibson" Marshall as coach.

I'm not a betting man but I won't be able to avoid putting the life savings on us to win the comp next year.
And then you woke up in 2025 to find it was only a W.T dream :giggle:.
But good for you anyway, I'm too old to have them anymore :confused:.

Last edited:
Demps the biggest issue will be how the team converts opportunity into points once the great pack do the hard yards and get us in the red zone,far to often this year we have been in great position to score only to come out empty handed ...I personally don't care who replaces Brooks,that person has to have the football smarts and quality in their game consistently to lead the team and get the points ..winning is the name of the game,quite often we are the also rans....no more hopefully ...
Haven't seen you posting on here much lately TT :unsure:. Welcome back (y).

Among them - But I stand by Gareth Ellis being the greatest player we've had.
Benji and Farah played their best (certainly most consistent) Footy beside him.

Won a comp as kids where it wasn't all on them, But didn't do much when it was all on them without a fit Gareth Ellis.
Ellis was the best player we have brought to the club and probably should have won a couple of comps while he was with us.Buckets got him here and it is sad Buckets was removed from the club later (but justified).

Back