Sheens

Ghostdogg

Has he cost us a chance of making the finals by moving Moltzen out of the 7? Surely the Sharks game was an ideal opportunity to blood a new full back for the run home, ie Hanbury.

I now think we are little chance to make the 8 given the quality of our next 2 opponents, you'd think 4 years without finals would be the end for Tim?

couldnt agree more why would you blood a new number 7 with 3 rounds to go it just to risky sheens amazes me we had a halfs combo in moltz and benji that were carving up all we needed was a fullback from lower grades to fill the gap this risky move with lui at 7 could have cost us our season please sheensy you must move moltz back!!!

Do yourselves a favour and stop over analysising it's going to kill you. Was it this? was it that? Moltzen is good at fullback and Lui will come good at 7\. We lost last night when TNT went down and then Ryan. We were in a fight with 15 v 17 for a huge part of the game it was evident we ran out of puff and lost our cohesion who would'nt with 2 of their go to men out?

We lost by just 8 points and were in the game despite our injuries right up to the end. We will give the Titans and Dogs a run if we win great if not well we will see each other again next year.

Can't agree! Tim Sheens is in no way responsible for our loss last night.
I know the Eels game was far more important and a far superior opposition than the Sharks but injuries such as Gallant forced Sheen to come up with a Fullback and Moltzen had the experience.

When Hanbury played earlier in the season I don't think he set the world on fire and the Tigers were NOT winning games.

Sorry but poor old Tim can't be blamed for the loss last night as the injuries just wore the "VERY BRAVE" Tigers down.

Cant blame the loss on Sheens. It is well know sheens approached the senior players in the team before handing the N°7 jumper to Lui, and they agreed that he was the man for the job.

The guys were ready for the game against parra and well… we just got beat. If the bounce of the ball went our way...who knows.

@white_tiger said:
Cant blame the loss on Sheens. It is well know sheens approached the senior players in the team before handing the N°7 jumper to Lui, and they agreed that he was the man for the job.

The guys were ready for the game against parra and well… we just got beat. If the bounce of the ball went our way...who knows.

Did all these senior players also tell the coach Moltzen was NOT the man for the job??

Well obviously the senior players would have said keep moltzen at half and not to bring in Lui if they thought it was in the teams best interest.

Honestly for the make up of the team, with Gallant out injured, honestly give me a better fullback option than Moltzen.

Honestly for the make up of the team, with Gallant out injured, honestly give me a better fullback option than Moltzen.

Yeah but what's the point of strengthening a position to only weaken another? Moltzen is clearly the best 5/8 option.. surely there's a decent fullback in lower grades or even Hanbury as a replacement.

@T91 said:
Yeah but what's the point of strengthening a position to only weaken another? Moltzen is clearly the best 5/8 option.. surely there's a decent fullback in lower grades or even Hanbury as a replacement.

Yes we weaken one position but IMO it is far better than bringing in a fullback who isnt ready at all or in Hanbury's case a state cup level player, having them targeted by the opposition and still getting beat anyway.

Personally when Gallant got injured I was hoping moltzen would stay at half and lawrence would go to fullback (even though he hasnt played there for ages would have the class to handle it). With collis coming back in to the centres…. but that was never going to happen.

All that I am saying is that the decision on Lui was a joint decission between coaching staff and the players.

@white_tiger said:

i can,having morris in the centres was stupid, when ryan and tui went down galea and ellis should of went to the centres and lawry to the wing, both ellis and galea are strong defenders and former centres, john morris (while he did admirably) miss on inu was very ordinary

and i dont care if the senior players aproved of lui coming into 7, sheens is the coach he makes the decisions, and playing a rookie half at this time is stupid when hanbury who has been good filling in at fullback and centre all year and did great vs parra last time would be less a risk to a rookie 7 who debuted against a worse then state cup level team

i want to see next week in a MUST win game

1.Hanbury
2.Collis
3.ayshford
4.Lawrence
5.Ryan

or alternatly

1.Lawrence
2.hanbury
3.ayshford
4.collis
5.ryan

with moltz going back into the halves

Im not the biggest Sheens fan but i dont blame him for backing a young talent in Lui. In fact i love that he had the balls to do it. It hasnt worked out but thats the way it goes sometimes. Lui will be better for it next year, and to be honest, if we keep improving our defence to the point where we dont rely so much on scrambling, we'll be top 4 next year with so much talent it isnt funny. The problem next year will be finding the right balance. Do we play Moltzen at 1, 7 or 6? Benji has still played 7 since his switch to 6 so do we just name him at 7? Does Lui come in? Do we play Arana at 1, 6 or 7? Who knows.

@king sirro said:
**Im not the biggest Sheens fan but i dont blame him for backing a young talent in Lui. In fact i love that he had the balls to do it. It hasnt worked out but thats the way it goes sometimes**. Lui will be better for it next year, and to be honest, if we keep improving our defence to the point where we dont rely so much on scrambling, we'll be top 4 next year with so much talent it isnt funny. The problem next year will be finding the right balance. Do we play Moltzen at 1, 7 or 6? Benji has still played 7 since his switch to 6 so do we just name him at 7? Does Lui come in? Do we play Arana at 1, 6 or 7? Who knows.

thats the way it goes sometimes? nearly every decision sheens has made on the halves post prince era has been wrong morris to 5/8th WRONG Morris to 7 WRONG Farah to 7 WRONG Benji to 7 WRONG Lui to 7 WRONG Moltzen to 7 RIGHT marshall back to 6 RIGHT and the latter 2 should be how it is for the rest of 09

@anderson silva said:
i can,having morris in the centres was stupid, when ryan and tui went down galea and ellis should of went to the centres and lawry to the wing, both ellis and galea are strong defenders and former centres, john morris (while he did admirably) miss on inu was very ordinary

Then were do you play Morris? There is not a coach in the NRL that wouldnt have their utility off the bench fill in at centre if in the same position.

Move 2 forwards (our 2 best defensive forwards) to the centres you straight away need your remaining forwards to do so much more work it aint funny. We already wasted 2 interchanges when we had to swap the 2 wingers so that is 2 less for the tiring forwards as it was.

@IronTiger said:
Do yourselves a favour and stop over analysising it's going to kill you. Was it this? was it that? Moltzen is good at fullback and Lui will come good at 7\. We lost last night when TNT went down and then Ryan. We were in a fight with 15 v 17 for a huge part of the game it was evident we ran out of puff and lost our cohesion who would'nt with 2 of their go to men out?

We lost by just 8 points and were in the game despite our injuries right up to the end. We will give the Titans and Dogs a run if we win great if not well we will see each other again next year.

Best post ive seen here for a while,especially your comment re over analizing everything.
We see the same dribble every week with all the experts saying who should go or who should be brought in to the side.
Just enjoy it for what it is and for us mere spectators its just a sport we enjoy watching (off course its better when there winning)

If some of you think you know it all put your hand up and apply for a job with the club.

cheers

@anderson silva said:
@king sirro said:
**Im not the biggest Sheens fan but i dont blame him for backing a young talent in Lui. In fact i love that he had the balls to do it. It hasnt worked out but thats the way it goes sometimes**. Lui will be better for it next year, and to be honest, if we keep improving our defence to the point where we dont rely so much on scrambling, we'll be top 4 next year with so much talent it isnt funny. The problem next year will be finding the right balance. Do we play Moltzen at 1, 7 or 6? Benji has still played 7 since his switch to 6 so do we just name him at 7? Does Lui come in? Do we play Arana at 1, 6 or 7? Who knows.

thats the way it goes sometimes? nearly every decision sheens has made on the halves post prince era has been wrong morris to 5/8th WRONG Morris to 7 WRONG Farah to 7 WRONG Benji to 7 WRONG Lui to 7 WRONG Moltzen to 7 RIGHT marshall back to 6 RIGHT and the latter 2 should be how it is for the rest of 09

U say Moltzen to 7 was right but he didnt even play 7\. And u have to take my post in the right context. When i say thats how it goes sometimes im not referring to the likes of Morris, im referring to the backing of a young kid, which i would support everytime.

@king sirro said:
@anderson silva said:
@king sirro said:

U say Moltzen to 7 was right but he didnt even play 7\. And u have to take my post in the right context. When i say thats how it goes sometimes im not referring to the likes of Morris, im referring to the backing of a young kid, which i would support everytime.

yeah well he wears the 7 mate and thats my point
and im all for lui given a chance in the halves but not at the expense of our season, and while hes done nothing major wrong, hes hardly done much to justify his position especially how well moltzen was playing in the halves

@white_tiger said:
@anderson silva said:

Then were do you play Morris? There is not a coach in the NRL that wouldnt have their utility off the bench fill in at centre if in the same position.

Move 2 forwards (our 2 best defensive forwards) to the centres you straight away need your remaining forwards to do so much more work it aint funny. We already wasted 2 interchanges when we had to swap the 2 wingers so that is 2 less for the tiring forwards as it was.

morris can play in the back row freeing up galea (a centre when he signed with us) to plug that hole and ryan was only off for 15 but i still have no idea why morris was left playing on the wing/centre once ryan came back

@anderson silva said:
@king sirro said:

but than we go put hanbury at fb (lol if he was that good there he would be playing state cup at fb) and you will whinge some more when we get thrashed and blame sheens
you just cant win with some of you fans,Lui is the best choice and so is moltzen
we have no fullback in the reserves thats up to 1st grade standard,Moltzen is the best option at the club
can you really blame sheens that our 1st and 2nd option fullbacks both went down injured ???

oh btw dont you just think we lost to a inform team, no other teams we have played have been inform ,so just cause Moltzen,Marshall works against out of form teams dont mean it will against top teams

@king sirro said:
Im not the biggest Sheens fan but i dont blame him for backing a young talent in Lui. In fact i love that he had the balls to do it. It hasnt worked out but thats the way it goes sometimes. Lui will be better for it next year, and to be honest, if we keep improving our defence to the point where we dont rely so much on scrambling, we'll be top 4 next year with so much talent it isnt funny. The problem next year will be finding the right balance. Do we play Moltzen at 1, 7 or 6? Benji has still played 7 since his switch to 6 so do we just name him at 7? Does Lui come in? Do we play Arana at 1, 6 or 7? Who knows.

i agree tigers have done very well getting the right group together and giving us a good group of halfs,fb
i wouldnt be counting mullaney out either he looks like he could be as good as dugan

fb-Moltzen,Lazarus,Tarmata,Gallant,Mullaney
5/8-1/2 Moltzen,Marshall,Tarmata,Lazarus,Lui

This topic is a great example of problem of most of fans on this forum. We lost a close fought game with the form team of the comp after winning 6 straight and already we are jumping on Sheens. I am ashamed to be a tigers fan today.

Latest posts

Members online

Back