Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Any chance of posting the Madge one?

I bet the only reason we haven’t announced Bateman is incase Mitch knocks us but we can announce John Bateman and keep the media off our backs. Pretty good idea if you ask me
From reports its more based on MM signing and around cap structure as they both have the same manager.

Why these " Journalists " keep referring to old Benny Elias as a Wests Tigers legend is beyound me
Reading the article it said Balmain legend, is this what you are talking about ?
God this stuff is as silly as the US south hating the North. Wests and Balmain are long gone.

Balmain legend Benny Elias says Mitchell Moses should stay with Parramatta Eels​

Dean Ritchie
EXCLUSIVE

He is the Balmain legend who will always hold an abiding love for his Wests Tigers.

But Ben Elias has a strong message for his nephew and Tigers target Mitchell Moses: “If you’re happy at Parramatta then re-sign.”

Moses, 28, comes off contract after next season and is wrestling with massive interest — all worth more than $1 million a season — from Parramatta, the Tigers and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are also interested in off-contract Penrith centre Stephen Crichton, who the Panthers are trying to re-sign now that Origin winger Brian To’o has been retained until the end of 2027.

Like Parramatta, Penrith are battling an incredibly tight salary cap but still hope to make a respectable offer to Crichton, who is being courted to play fullback at Canterbury.

The Bulldogs may find it challenging to squeeze both Moses and Crichton under their burgeoning cap, as they also look to upgrade five-eighth Matt Burton’s contract.

While the Tigers remain keen on Moses, it goes against Elias’s black-and-gold heart to admit his nephew should remain an Eel.

“My belief has always been that you stay somewhere where you’re happy and life couldn’t be any better for Mitch. Sometimes you have to put family and blood over club loyalty,” Elias said.

“I totally understand Mitch’s dilemma and his frustration over what to do but he’s happy then he should stay.

“Parramatta are a great side so you’re comparing a grand final side with a team that got the wooden spoon. It’s a long year when you’re struggling, trust me so if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands.

“Selfishly I’d love him to come to the Tigers – a club that will always be in my heart – but if you’re after satisfaction and happiness then why shift clubs?

“What’s the saying? Better the devil you know.

“The Eels have been very good to Mitch so I reckon they’re the favourites. Parramatta is desperate to keep him and he wants to win a premiership.

“I get asked every day where Mitchell is going and, it’s only my opinion, but if he’s content, why move? Mitch loves Parramatta.

“Ever since I’ve known Mitch’s father, he has been a tragic Parramatta supporter. Those little things help make your decision.”

Moses has also attracted considerable interest from the Queensland-based Dolphins.

With a young family and now happily settled in Sydney’s inner-west, it appears increasingly unlikely Moses would uproot his life for Redcliffe.

“Mitch hasn’t told me whether Gus has contacted him but I know he is settled in Sydney and won’t leave,” Elias said.

“Any side that doesn’t have a halfback would want Mitchell Moses. Why wouldn’t you? Mitchell speaks well, he’s a great ambassador and a crowd-pleaser.

“I was with Andrew Johns on Saturday and Joey is a real big fan of Mitchell. All those great halfbacks, Joey, Peter Sterling, Johnathan Thurston, they all became great from the age of 26 onwards.”

Meanwhile, former Manly prop Martin Taupau remains unsigned for next season. Five clubs are understood to be interested in the World Cup forward but are being hindered by the game’s failure to nail down a CBA and salary cap.
Has Elias ever said anything positive about the club that could help us?

Don't know if it's from a recent article. Also don't have the full story, screenshot here was shared by his management
View attachment 3771
Tigers

Tallyn Da Silva
Club
: Tigers

Position: Hooker

Viewed as Api Koroisau’s long-term replacement. Not yet 18 but so talented and tough that Tim Sheens has likened him to a young Robbie Farah and earmarked him as a future star.

Jahream Bula
Club

Position: Fullback/Winger

Went to school at Benji Marshall’s old stomping ground, Keebra Park, where he was initially a rising basketball star. Has been able to transfer some really slick natural athletic gifts to rugby league where he could push for an NRL debut at some stage in the coming season. Plays anywhere in the outside backs but his long-term destination is fullback.

Lachlan Galvin
Club

Position: Back-rower

Played in the halves at Westfields Sports High but featured in the back row in the winning Harold Matthews Cup team. Really good skills and can play off the cuff. Another likely to be a couple of years off NRL given he still has a year to go at school. Will probably start the season in SG Ball and then be looked at for Jersey Flegg. Don’t forget the name.

Balmain legend Benny Elias says Mitchell Moses should stay with Parramatta Eels​

Dean Ritchie
EXCLUSIVE

He is the Balmain legend who will always hold an abiding love for his Wests Tigers.

But Ben Elias has a strong message for his nephew and Tigers target Mitchell Moses: “If you’re happy at Parramatta then re-sign.”

Moses, 28, comes off contract after next season and is wrestling with massive interest — all worth more than $1 million a season — from Parramatta, the Tigers and Canterbury.

The Bulldogs are also interested in off-contract Penrith centre Stephen Crichton, who the Panthers are trying to re-sign now that Origin winger Brian To’o has been retained until the end of 2027.

Like Parramatta, Penrith are battling an incredibly tight salary cap but still hope to make a respectable offer to Crichton, who is being courted to play fullback at Canterbury.

The Bulldogs may find it challenging to squeeze both Moses and Crichton under their burgeoning cap, as they also look to upgrade five-eighth Matt Burton’s contract.

While the Tigers remain keen on Moses, it goes against Elias’s black-and-gold heart to admit his nephew should remain an Eel.

“My belief has always been that you stay somewhere where you’re happy and life couldn’t be any better for Mitch. Sometimes you have to put family and blood over club loyalty,” Elias said.

“I totally understand Mitch’s dilemma and his frustration over what to do but he’s happy then he should stay.

“Parramatta are a great side so you’re comparing a grand final side with a team that got the wooden spoon. It’s a long year when you’re struggling, trust me so if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands.

“Selfishly I’d love him to come to the Tigers – a club that will always be in my heart – but if you’re after satisfaction and happiness then why shift clubs?

“The Eels have been very good to Mitch so I reckon they’re the favourites. Parramatta is desperate to keep him and he wants to win a premiership.

“I get asked every day where Mitchell is going and, it’s only my opinion, but if he’s content, why move? Mitch loves Parramatta.

“Ever since I’ve known Mitch’s father, he has been a tragic Parramatta supporter. Those little things help make your decision.”

Moses has also attracted considerable interest from the Queensland-based Dolphins.

With a young family and now happily settled in Sydney’s inner-west, it appears increasingly unlikely Moses would uproot his life for Redcliffe.

“Mitch hasn’t told me whether Gus has contacted him but I know he is settled in Sydney and won’t leave,” Elias said.

“Any side that doesn’t have a halfback would want Mitchell Moses. Why wouldn’t you? Mitchell speaks well, he’s a great ambassador and a crowd-pleaser.

“I was with Andrew Johns on Saturday and Joey is a real big fan of Mitchell. All those great halfbacks, Joey, Peter Sterling, Johnathan Thurston, they all became great from the age of 26 onwards.”

Meanwhile, former Manly prop Martin Taupau remains unsigned for next season. Five clubs are understood to be interested in the World Cup forward but are being hindered by the game’s failure to nail down a CBA and salary cap.
Yeah just like I mentioned earlier. Mitch’s old man will influence him a lot. That guy is crazy over Parra.

I told his aunt (Anne) his cousin and his old man to tel Mitch to stay at the tigers for his career but they laughed 😂

This was ages ago though when Teddy was living out the back of Mitch’s house

Tigers

Tallyn Da Silva
Club

Position: Hooker

Viewed as Api Koroisau’s long-term replacement. Not yet 18 but so talented and tough that Tim Sheens has likened him to a young Robbie Farah and earmarked him as a future star.

Jahream Bula
Club

Position: Fullback/Winger

Went to school at Benji Marshall’s old stomping ground, Keebra Park, where he was initially a rising basketball star. Has been able to transfer some really slick natural athletic gifts to rugby league where he could push for an NRL debut at some stage in the coming season. Plays anywhere in the outside backs but his long-term destination is fullback.

Lachlan Galvin
Club

Position: Back-rower

Played in the halves at Westfields Sports High but featured in the back row in the winning Harold Matthews Cup team. Really good skills and can play off the cuff. Another likely to be a couple of years off NRL given he still has a year to go at school. Will probably start the season in SG Ball and then be looked at for Jersey Flegg. Don’t forget the name.
I watched training one day last week and Jahream Bula is a standout. As fast as Staines and a beautiful mover, tall enough, great hands. I don't think we'll be chasing a fullback for 2024.

Dean Ritchie
EXCLUSIVE

Who's says parra keep making GFs and Mitch is enjoying his footy there. Parra definitely playing the media card hard out

I have thought. How would Brooks feel if Mitch rejects us for the Dogs or Eels. Doesn't take a mind reader to know that Brooks has some envy for how Mitchell's career improved when they separated while he has failed to live up to his potential. And now, when Mitchell has a chance to lend his friend a helping hand to try and turn the club they came through together around, he chooses not to.

Don't think he'll take it very well

Back