Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don't get the what motivation is for Peters to be bagging the club his god son works at constantly. If Fulton is feeding him info (highly likely) there's only one way its going to go and it won't be in Fultons favour.
But here we are again with another Lee and Pascoe master class, If Fulton is in charge of recruitment he should be in on the decisions or at least in the conversation. If not there's no point him being here really.
I'm sensing another ugly costly exit coming up.

Sorry guys Olam is cooked. I can identify the exact moment Olams magic stopped. It was a game against Manly . He was taking the ball up in his usual flat out manner & he got BUSTED BIG TIME by Olkau'atu. I have never seen Olam busted like that before. You could seriously see his courage disappear & it never returned & i believe it never will. Bellemy saw the same .Check that game out & every game he played after that. You will
see what I mean.

2 others from a different sport that were unstoppable until that HIT,
Jeff Fenech & Mike Tyson
it was that 1 HIT that took all their belief away and they were never the same again.

The usual Benji bash by Peter Peters. Hmmm wonder who feeds him all his info, If accurrate, at least we can prepare for a Staines announcement (which means a departure by someone else).
Zorba is a clown.. Comes across like Hooper and sound like he has a clear agenda.
He should be worried about Manly before us and give Benji a chance first.

So “Zorba” ie. Fulton , are annoyed that Benji has flown to Melbourne and not told them .
And all the bullshit talk around he wants to get his hands in anything really means , Fulton doesn’t get everything he wants and his opinion in the end only really matters if it isn’t juxtaposed with Benjis. Everything else is dribble , and as if signing charlie Staines is bad business … please . The eels , dolphins and dogs all wanted him .
All I can say is how good are manly going when Turbo doesn’t play and thier John Wests tigers forward pack decide they arnt going to turn up against anyone who isn’t the tigers .
All signed by his majesty , I mean Fulton .
There’s no way on earth if I was a head coach I would leave major decisions to anyone not named me .
People like Fulton can piss and moan all they want , but they have a job as long as they want to in Australian sports . It’s not like US sports where everyone knows the GMs name and he’s just as screwed if the team loses as the coach is .
Benjis head on the chopping block . It should be Benji making all the decisions .
That could be the worst idea ever , but once again if that is true it’s 💯 Pascoe and the hoards fault , not Benjis .
There is no evidence of any other club wanting him. The reports last year were at his previous 500k price tag no other clubs were interested and his manager contacted Tigers to get him to the club. There has been no media speculation about him at all recently to the point many are on here questioning his health and future.

Now Peter's claims he has been re-signed on 'overs'. There is no mention of the price tag but If it is on overs then signing him would be bad business. Especially as it appears there is no competition for his signature.

There is no evidence of any other club wanting him. The reports last year were at his previous 500k price tag no other clubs were interested and his manager contacted Tigers to get him to the club. There has been no media speculation about him at all recently to the point many are on here questioning his health and future.

Now Peter's claims he has been re-signed on 'overs'. There is no mention of the price tag but If it is on overs then signing him would be bad business. Especially as it appears there is no competition for his signature.

All of this is speculation on your behalf…

And relying on anything Peter Peters is saying isn’t smart … he claimed that Sezer is getting paid overs at $200k..!

Last edited:
If you listen to the Zorba interview you have to laugh as his agenda is blatant and his view on things is laughable. The others took him to task for his bias, but as others here have said who cares what he says.

Put the WT part aside he claimed the Broncos premiership window is closed which is ridiculous and called the English umpires tonight in the Cricket World Cup dickheads as their names are Richard. What a flog, I hope we can use these and others comments as motivation along with our own motivation from the lack of success over the past seasons.

Saw API at RNB Fridayz at the Showgrounds last night and looks fit and ready to go.

If Staines has signed it is great news and adds pace to our backline

Tomorrow will see the second wave back for preseason with the international players back by Jan 3.

Last edited:
All of this is speculation on your behalf…

And relying on anything Peter Peters is saying isn’t smart … he claimed that Sezer is getting paid overs at $200k..!
Not sure how. Lets evaluate what ive said.
"There is no evidence of any other club wanting him".
Do a google search and find him being linked to another club. The closest i found was one article saying Staines needs a club and Dogs need a fullback. Nothing from either party to suggest there was actually interest. When you do your search you will find the reports I alluded in my next point Regarding the price tag putting clubs off and his manager approaching the Tigers. Now admittedly I don't know if that is true, but it was certainly reported.

I'm not relying on anything Peter's is saying. I specifically said that "there was no mention of a price tag but if it is overs...". As in I haven't tried to confirm it as true that he has signed or the estimated contracted value.

Maybe we payed overs for Staines in 24 due to the fact we are in such a good salary cap position and by law, we have to spend a certain amount. Maybe, his 2nd year is a cut and it evens out well over 2 years. Maybe it wasn't just smart business, but it was necessary business to stay within NRL rules.

One of the biggest issues facing struggling clubs is the fact they have to spend a certain amount of the cap, it's ludicrous and significantly hampers the lower clubs building a war chest to help get out of the doldrums. Fact is, we have to pay the same for our squad as what the Roosters and Bronocos pay for theirs. It's criminal.

Maybe we payed overs for Staines in 24 due to the fact we are in such a good salary cap position and by law, we have to spend a certain amount. Maybe, his 2nd year is a cut and it evens out well over 2 years. Maybe it wasn't just smart business, but it was necessary business to stay within NRL rules.

One of the biggest issues facing struggling clubs is the fact they have to spend a certain amount of the cap, it's ludicrous and significantly hampers the lower clubs building a war chest to help get out of the doldrums. Fact is, we have to pay the same for our squad as what the Roosters and Bronocos pay for theirs. It's criminal.
I'm evaluating the simple phrase of "paid overs for Staines". Paying overs for an average winger is bad business.
But you are right in that we don't know what Peter's considers overs (or if it even happened). Heck, he might think players should be on $100 a win +pie and coke.
If any or all your maybes are accurate then it could very well be smart/er business.

I'd suggest (without knowing) we must currently be cap compliant to have a 30man squad registered with the NRL. If it did eventuate that a player was released and Staines takes their place well we could assume Staines new salary is somewhat equal to that of the departing player (less anything we are contributing to ship off said player).

I completely agree that having a cap floor limits the options for lower placed clubs. Not sure I'd say it's criminal. In fact if say it's necessary but that is a whole other topic.

Not sure how. Lets evaluate what ive said.
"There is no evidence of any other club wanting him".
Do a google search and find him being linked to another club. The closest i found was one article saying Staines needs a club and Dogs need a fullback. Nothing from either party to suggest there was actually interest. When you do your search you will find the reports I alluded in my next point Regarding the price tag putting clubs off and his manager approaching the Tigers. Now admittedly I don't know if that is true, but it was certainly reported.

I'm not relying on anything Peter's is saying. I specifically said that "there was no mention of a price tag but if it is overs...". As in I haven't tried to confirm it as true that he has signed or the estimated contracted value.

”if it is overs then that is bad business” … that is speculation…like I said the only thing to go off so far is Peters comments … who seems to have a bias against whatever the Tigers do..

Not all approaches from other clubs are reported in the media…if no one leaks it ( player agents or clubs involved) then how does the media find out about it to report it?…

Last edited:

Yep and he thinks Schuster was signed as a bargain basement , lets not even comment on anything this clown has to say

Latest posts

Staff online

Back