Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I've always been intrigued by this theory that money ends after football - why ? If he has any considerations for the future he's doing something about it now so that when that day comes he walks away with another career - maybe not $850K a year but a reasonable income nonetheless. Not all footballers end up on the street after their careers are finished and the rest of manages to live till 70's and pay off a mortgage on far less money than he'll earn.
Blows my mind how sports players blow their money and dont invest it. There's an article recently how socceroo Lucas Neil who was once getting $70k a week from West Ham is broke... 😮

The Wests Tigers are the first club in the four-way race for Addin Fonua-Blake’s signature to make a formal offer to the New Zealand Warriors forward.

It’s believed the Tigers have tabled a four year deal from 2025 worth around $1 million per season.

4 year deal is pretty long I think for a 30 year old by then but no issue with the money paid

I never claimed I wouldn’t reply to him until that post, but you’re right it’s not worth - it has been deleted.

Not sure what you’re referring to when you say bad scoops and being all over the place - I don’t want to be that poster that comes on every 4 months and drop some info then ignores everyone until my next post like some others before me. I actually like participating in discussions and being apart of this community cause I like most of us have a passion and love for this club to be successful. If I ever hear anything which isn’t that often I’ll share.

However, I do have respect for those fellow posters who have been on this forum longer than myself. And I’ve been on this platform for 8-9 years. So I’ll take your comments into account.
Mate we always appreciate any goss...just try and stay cool and don't let the negativity get to yiu.. it's much better
Peace

Blows my mind how sports players blow their money and dont invest it. There's an article recently how socceroo Lucas Neil who was once getting $70k a week from West Ham is broke... 😮
Best story I heard about sportsman’s money came from Gordon Tallis on the telly one day.
When he started getting decent sized footy contracts his Mum said if he wasn’t playing football he’d be a labourer, so he he had his various clubs pay him roughly a labourers wages, and hold the rest.
As he got towards the end of his career he was able to retrieve some sizeable coin that set him up in a new house etc.
Gordon’s Mum knew best eh, wise old lady !
Whilst Lucas got paid $70k pw but probably spent about double that living the EPL dream.
Now that’s all he’s left with, memories. And now we know why he is reclusive about Socceroo reunions and Oz visits, he’s ashamed of himself and what he’s done.

Best story I heard about sportsman’s money came from Gordon Tallis on the telly one day.
When he started getting decent sized footy contracts his Mum said if he wasn’t playing football he’d be a labourer, so he he had his various clubs pay him roughly a labourers wages, and hold the rest.
As he got towards the end of his career he was able to retrieve some sizeable coin that set him up in a new house etc.
Whilst Lucas got paid $70k pw but probably spent about double that living the EPL dream.
Now that’s all he’s left with, memories. And now we know why he is reclusive about Socceroo reunions and Oz visits, he’s ashamed of himself and what he’s done.
Weak of mind. That’s all it is

Easy to say on the money I currently make, but if I was pulling in close to a million a year and I knew my window to earn that amount of coin was only small, I’d be banking at least half of it, so by the time I’m done, I’m a millionaire. There would be so many players over the years who earned a ton who were probably broke by the time they hit 40.

Back