Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Just read a fox article rating each teams likely starting pack for 2024 and gives our pack of
UTOIKIMANO ,KORISAU ,KLEMMER,PAPALII,BATEMAN,&POLE as a C+ and comments that they are a very good pack and I agree .2023 was a year when our pack was one of the best for meters gained but one of the worst for try involvement
In terms of depth we seem to have enough quality to supply our bench also BUT what about the backline ?
This season 2023 our attack was extremely "clunky " like game 1 where the knights lost Ponga in the 1st minute and kept dropping the ball and giving away penalties such that our rare huge possession should have meant Tigers scoring many tries but super clunky and at the end we lost the unloseable game . Then there was the miracle of Leichardt when we put 66 pts on the Cowboys to prove the skill is there but that was a rare day
What happened that day was
Forwards interacted with the backs smoothly
We got the ball to the wings very often and Bula ,Tupou ,Toa and even Nofo had a field day.IMHO ?Tigers are a team that rarely put our wingers into space in attack .The play always breaks down before if gets that far and our wingers mainly do hit ups out of defence

So ? With all the departures and recruits what is our likely starting 1-7 for 2024 ?
Would like to see everyone's 1-7 as they would select and also what Benji is likely to go with?
Everything hinges on this !
Wests Tigers forwards ok but what about the backline ?
Great post!!!!

Just read a fox article rating each teams likely starting pack for 2024 and gives our pack of
UTOIKIMANO ,KORISAU ,KLEMMER,PAPALII,BATEMAN,&POLE as a C+ and comments that they are a very good pack and I agree .2023 was a year when our pack was one of the best for meters gained but one of the worst for try involvement
In terms of depth we seem to have enough quality to supply our bench also BUT what about the backline ?
This season 2023 our attack was extremely "clunky " like game 1 where the knights lost Ponga in the 1st minute and kept dropping the ball and giving away penalties such that our rare huge possession should have meant Tigers scoring many tries but super clunky and at the end we lost the unloseable game . Then there was the miracle of Leichardt when we put 66 pts on the Cowboys to prove the skill is there but that was a rare day
We got the ball to the wings very often and Bula ,Tupou ,Toa and even Nofo had a field day.IMHO ?Tigers are a team that rarely put our wingers into space in attack .The play always breaks down before if gets that far and our wingers mainly do hit ups out of defence

So ? With all the departures and recruits what is our likely starting 1-7 for 2024 ?
Would like to see everyone's 1-7 as they would select and also what Benji is likely to go with?
Was C+ a pass at your school???

Fox underrated them - they are a solid B-

My thoughts exactly. WHERE IS THE BACKLINE?

Our forward pack really should be closer to a B- or a solid B. 2023 sucked and we got a C level performance from them. Plus I recognise that they did not combine well. for all of Sheens' 200,000 passes, our forwards did not contribute to tries scored often. Still I think there is an awesome pack in there if they work on it.

We are likely to loose Nofo and Tupou if I read the media correctly.

That leaves Staines and Naden at the wing with AJ and Toa in the centers with next to no depth.

Wow we know how to bake half a cake.

My thoughts exactly. WHERE IS THE BACKLINE?

Our forward pack really should be closer to a B- or a solid B. 2023 sucked and we got a C level performance from them. Plus I recognise that they did not combine well. for all of Sheens' 200,000 passes, our forwards did not contribute to tries scored often. Still I think there is an awesome pack in there if they work on it.

We are likely to loose Nofo and Tupou if I read the media correctly.

That leaves Staines and Naden at the wing with AJ and Toa in the centers with next to no depth.

Wow we know how to bake half a cake.
Tupou is a Tiger in 2024

Ah it's not immeadiate. Okay we get to keep Tupou for 2024 but loose him in 2025.

That still sucks, as the biggest problem with Tupou was defensive effort. I can't see him putting his body on the line much more then he has done.
I think Wayno might sort that out, plus having Farnworth around a big plus. Phins backline really strengthened imo.

Back