Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

French with his pace and eye to put team mates into gaps is something we are currently lacking.
The problem is he’s only going to be valuable as a 5/8 or fullback and we seemingly have both positions covered.
I suppose it’s a wait and see how we perform from a 5/8 and fullback point of view this season before determining if French would be of value to us or not.

Agree that’s the challenge.
We are banking on kids and need time to see what they can do - time isn’t on French’s side now.

French with his pace and eye to put team mates into gaps is something we are currently lacking.
The problem is he’s only going to be valuable as a 5/8 or fullback and we seemingly have both positions covered.
I suppose it’s a wait and see how we perform from a 5/8 and fullback point of view this season before determining if French would be of value to us or not.
Depth is an issue for us this year, particularly at wing and fullback.

French's value is in his versatility. He's more than competent to cover halves, fullback, centre and wing.

On a low value contract, it doesn't matter if he plays reserves all year if squad depth is the purpose of the signing.

It might allow us to move other players on that aren't performing to their contract value.

Depth is an issue for us this year, particularly at wing and fullback.

French's value is in his versatility. He's more than competent to cover halves, fullback, centre and wing.

On a low value contract, it doesn't matter if he plays reserves all year if squad depth is the purpose of the signing.

It might allow us to move other players on that aren't performing to their contract value.
I don't think he will sign with anyone on a low value contract. Probably will want similar to what Hastings got on his return + cpi.

Do we agree with Flanno’s assessment of Lomax?
If the figures indicate he only just cracks the top 25 centres in the game, how much is he really worth?
If Drags throw in $200k, I think $600k on our books works.

He seems a bit fragile though. Can't handle the truth..do we need that?

If the figures indicate he only just cracks the top 25 centres in the game, how much is he really worth?
You would have to see what the details were - and what the idea was behind the meeting. Was it to move him out of his position ? Was it to show him where he is at in his progress or was it just to start the process of forcing him out of the team ??

If Drags throw in $200k, I think $600k on our books works.

He seems a bit fragile though. Can't handle the truth..do we need that?
I don’t think the Drags will throw anything in, but if Simkins is part of the deal it probably means our cap is about 550 worse off, that’s guessing Simkins is on around 200 to 250

NRL 360 stated Flanno was purely going off stats.
Stats for any outside back are going to suffer when in a poorly performing team.
It’s debatable on whether or not Lomax is worth 800k per season, based on for form over the past 1-2 seasons probably not.
However he is certainly not going to agree to go backwards in his contract value, so I suppose the real question is would the Dragons be willing to offload him if another club was willing to buy out his contract and is he any value to Wests Tigers at 800k per season.
Personally I think he adds value to us with his profile, size, speed, class and goal kicking.
In saying this I don’t think he’d come as there are strong rumours the Roosters want him to replace Joey Manu and I think it’s a fair chance Parramatta would be interested too.

With the rule change this year with the short drop outs, teams will be employing them 90% of the time because risk vrs reward has been reduced. So having players who are strong aerial is so important, both defending and attacking kicks. Lomax is one of the best in the business when it comes to aerial skills.

My only worry is his possible price tag and I also I am interested how our current backs perform with new halves

Latest posts

Members online

Back