Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508087) said:
Gutho re-signs with Parra til the end of 2025 on a reported 750k a season….

Hopefully they pay overs to keep Reed with the bulldogs lurking and struggle to retain Paulo so we can pounce

Gutho is so over hyped. He is an effort machine and not much else

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508091) said:

Hopefully they pay overs to keep Reed with the bulldogs lurking and struggle to retain Paulo so we can pounce

That's really inaccurate.

He's a very good defender, and an above average ballplayer. Last season alone he made try saving tackles in close games that Parra ended up winning. He's also good culturally for a club that usually has issues with ego and in-fighting.

$750,000 is fair and you're off your head if you think otherwise. Considering he's a rung below Tommy and Teddy, it's a fair contract.

@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508090) said:

Seems like a good price for your fullback and captain

Where did you hear that

Being reported everywhere now, read 750k on one of the articles.

Seems a fair price, guessing he stepped down on his $1mil stance lmao

@tigerman-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508063) said:
Apparently Josh Hodgson will be wearing Tigers gear very soon

Yes I heard on the news this morning some Canberra players are admitting that they will miss him.

@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508094) said:

Where did you hear that

Very good value at 750k

@conepuncher said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508092) said:
@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508091) said:

He's a very good defender, and an above average ballplayer. Last season alone he made try saving tackles in close games that Parra ended up winning. He's also good culturally for a club that usually has issues with ego and in-fighting.

$750,000 is fair and you're off your head if you think otherwise. Considering he's a rung below Tommy and Teddy, it's a fair contract.

I don't think CFK is saying his 750K is not a fair reflection of the player, I think he is saying that Gutho is generally over-hyped. "King Gutho" and all that nonsense. That stupid dance thing he does when he scores. The reality is Gutho will keep Parramatta in games through his tenacity and effort, but he's not going to deliver knockout blows to the opposition, he's just not that dynamic a player. And IMO the more work he continues to have to do to keep Parramatta's line intact, the less and less energy he has to spend on attack.

Gutho is like the Lleyton Hewitt of rugby league - real dogged, respectable effort; overall lacks pure talent or a major weapon.

@tiger_one said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508089) said:
There's a "word" on f/b that Twal is extending his contract with us too.

This is absolutely Great news.

TWAL is our ROCK.

Solid, dependable and his best years are still to come.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508112) said:

I don't think CFK is saying his 750K is not a fair reflection of the player, I think he is saying that Gutho is generally over-hyped. "King Gutho" and all that nonsense. That stupid dance thing he does when he scores. The reality is Gutho will keep Parramatta in games through his tenacity and effort, but he's not going to deliver knockout blows to the opposition, he's just not that dynamic a player. And IMO the more work he continues to have to do to keep Parramatta's line intact, the less and less energy he has to spend on attack.

Gutho is like the Lleyton Hewitt of rugby league - real dogged, respectable effort; overall lacks pure talent or a major weapon.

I agree with CP. King Gutho and the dance etc is just a personality, no one is hyping him for that. He and everyknow knows he's a rung below Teddy/Turbo and definitely 750K reflects that.

@tig_prmz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508120) said:

I agree with CP. King Gutho and the dance etc is just a personality, no one is hyping him for that. He and everyknow knows he's a rung below Teddy/Turbo and definitely 750K reflects that.

He hypes himself, so do Parramatta fans.

@tiger_one said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508089) said:
There's a "word" on f/b that Twal is extending his contract with us too.

Well that would be good news. I know he was having doubts due to the criticism he was getting.

@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508123) said:

I see nothing wrong with a guy showing some personality and hyping himself up. If his personality helps sell memberships and tickets, then Parra and the NRL can hype him up even more. Even better for the game!

His talent and tenacity reflects the pricetag. Further, he continuously leads by example in the fitness drills.

Look at this guy... down-grading Lleyton ‘Battler’

@jadtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508074) said:

I am not excited about him at all,3 years ago it would have been fine.All i see him as is another bloke living on his past performances and being overpaid to watch from the sideline

I can see where you are coming from here but I think this is a very Smart buy if we can pull it off.
He is a very experienced player that knows how to win, can control the game from 9, Raiders chip in money next year when he have heaps of salary cap space, his 2nd your won't be near the same salary and the most important thing for me is Leadership on & off the field for all our young players.
This is not us signing up a guy for 4 years on massive money like Packer, Mybe etc.... Its 2 years and if it goes well he might get extended.

@tiger-tragic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506915) said:
@yeahcaz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506896) said:
@tiger-tragic said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1506889) said:
Zacharey, you've got all the inside goss on the WT club, so can you tell us where Timmy Sheens is? What's going on?

I may be wrong, but as the saviour and messiah of WT, as touted by some luminaries on here, I watched the Nathan Cayless interview on the WT site and, from memory, I don't think he mentioned Timmy once in any reason for him coming here or in any direction for the future?

Can you get onto your sources please and let us know that Timmy is ok?

Thanks mate x

Last time I spoke to him he just said people who deflect are weak and snitches get stitches.

Ohh great, thank you honey, and please thank Timmy on our behalf for such insightful comments.

So, so boring.

@telltails said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508103) said:
@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508094) said:

Where did you hear that

Very good value at 750k

Weird that he was signed for 750, Word was they offered him 800-850-850

@tig_prmz said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508127) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508123) said:

I see nothing wrong with a guy showing some personality and hyping himself up. If his personality helps sell memberships and tickets, then Parra and the NRL can hype him up even more. Even better for the game!

His talent and tenacity reflects the pricetag. Further, he continuously leads by example in the fitness drills.

I disagree, I think it makes you a target in a physical game like league. He doesn't have the physical presence to back up his swagger, so he cannot and will not dominate his opponents physically; what is left is tenacity and show-pony-ing. Well tenacity is fine, but in my experience the outwardly cocky players always get targeted and found out.

That is typical of Parramatta the last 4-5 years IMO - an over-reliance on self-confidence and flat-track domination of lesser opponents, but ultimately a lack of substance, concentration and mettle to match the best sides.

@jadtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508074) said:

I am not excited about him at all,3 years ago it would have been fine.All i see him as is another bloke living on his past performances and being overpaid to watch from the sideline

I’m also not excited by this signing if it happens.
Just don’t understand why we can’t sign leadership in younger players who can also provide the on field performance . The game is getting faster, and we need to hire skill and potential skill. Recruiting a 30 plus yo who had a couple of good seasons a couple of seasons ago has not worked for us. Papali’i is the classic profile of the player we should be chasing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back