Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508040) said:
@crazycat said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508039) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508038) said:
@al-the-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508026) said:
@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507909) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507901) said:
And normally teams don’t trade their origin players away.
Actually except us, we did that with Farah.

Jason Taylor, I hate that guy.....

The real reason we lost JAC... I seriously couldn't believe Rankin was starting on the wing while Addo-Carr was in the reserves

JAC never played a game of FG in his life at that point, then got his debut in Rd 7. Played 8 games from Rd 11 onwards.

The real reason we lost JAC is Koroibete signed a big deal with rugby and Storm wanted a fast winger as an immediate replacement. The Storm deal was announced Jun 6th, which was the day after his 4th FG match with Tigers. Given how long deals take to nut out, this means JAC was negotiating with the Storm within at least a few weeks of his debut, if not before that.

Given that Tigers scouted and signed JAC from Sharks Toyota Cup, it was evident we were interested in developing him.

Notice something there:
Koroibete was Wests Tigers, JAC was Wests Tigers, Ryan P was Wests Tigers.

Melbourne scouts are honed in on our wingers and outside backs.
Which means that Melbourne have worked out which teams give them the best in which positions.

Likewise with us. Melbourne Forwards don't work well for us, while Parramatta forwards seem to go well here.

Very astute, I think you're onto something here.

So from that, one could suppose that perhaps we have the backs with potential to make us a great side, we just need to figure out how the Storm get them to that next level.

I remember reading that even when he went into the Storm system, Papenhayzen was third or fourth in the ranking as potentially their next first grade fullback. Their procession planning after Smith/Cronk/Slater was frankly superb. I mean look at their hooker stocks. They had arguably three of the best in the whole comp. They had a Plan A, B, C, D...

Hopefully we have learnt from our mistakes and taken action to lock up our young outside backs.

Pretty sure the Storm scout everyone's backs. I don't think people see us as some back-producing powerhouse overflowing with talent.

@tigerman-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508063) said:
Apparently Josh Hodgson will be wearing Tigers gear very soon

Heard this before. Hopefully we are only paying 500k otherwise let the Raiders pay 850-900

@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507939) said:
@jadtiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507928) said:
@hsvjones said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507925) said:
I am surprised Gus has done this as they have a lot of high priced players locked up for 3 years now and none of them are in the 1,6,7,9 where you need it most… I have a gut feeling they may release a Thompson or Cotric now to ease pressure.

1 Reply
Last reply

Both are on highly inflated contracts,don't do the dogs any favours by taking either of them

Tbh Cotric would be a great signing for us imo as hes so young and could come up with this team, I see so much potential in that kid and really think a change of scenery will do him good

Dogs probs paying him $500k, maybe we offer to chip in for 425-50k and play him at centre with the potential to always switch out to wing or be able to cover.

Disagree - to start with he is on 6-650k per year.

We have two wingers and a few young guys like Scolari coming through. Imo and it is only mo - Cotric is not a cenres bootlace and not as good in that position as what we have.

Would love to bring both Wighton (in a player swap for Brooks) and Hodgson over. We'd be improved out of this world

He will be good for our young hookers

I also think he will bring a lot more than Tamou did

I am not excited about him at all,3 years ago it would have been fine.All i see him as is another bloke living on his past performances and being overpaid to watch from the sideline

@dgilly said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508070) said:
Would love to bring both Wighton (in a player swap for Brooks) and Hodgson over. We'd be improved out of this world

wighton as a centre but not for brooks

@dgilly said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508070) said:

LOL imagine if Pascoe was on to something all along with his swap phone call.

@tiger_fanatic3 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508027) said:
@tigerlily said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507785) said:
![0071D470-DB9E-4904-A588-4DD059E119F6.jpeg](/assets/uploads/files/1637284614085-0071d470-db9e-4904-a588-4dd059e119f6.jpeg)

Well I’d be shall I say, a little annoyed if one of our players did this.

![258731178_454825002667295_493218725618934106_n.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1637322314159-258731178_454825002667295_493218725618934106_n.jpg)

There's no way that was written by Kikau himself, we’ve all heard his interviews ?

Disagree . He said “me and my manager “ . That screams panthers footballer to me , if ever a sentence did .

@jd-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508040) said:
@crazycat said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508039) said:
@jirskyr said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508038) said:
@al-the-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508026) said:
@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507909) said:
@weststigerman said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1507901) said:
And normally teams don’t trade their origin players away.
Actually except us, we did that with Farah.

Jason Taylor, I hate that guy.....

The real reason we lost JAC... I seriously couldn't believe Rankin was starting on the wing while Addo-Carr was in the reserves

JAC never played a game of FG in his life at that point, then got his debut in Rd 7. Played 8 games from Rd 11 onwards.

The real reason we lost JAC is Koroibete signed a big deal with rugby and Storm wanted a fast winger as an immediate replacement. The Storm deal was announced Jun 6th, which was the day after his 4th FG match with Tigers. Given how long deals take to nut out, this means JAC was negotiating with the Storm within at least a few weeks of his debut, if not before that.

Given that Tigers scouted and signed JAC from Sharks Toyota Cup, it was evident we were interested in developing him.

Notice something there:
Koroibete was Wests Tigers, JAC was Wests Tigers, Ryan P was Wests Tigers.

Melbourne scouts are honed in on our wingers and outside backs.
Which means that Melbourne have worked out which teams give them the best in which positions.

Likewise with us. Melbourne Forwards don't work well for us, while Parramatta forwards seem to go well here.

Very astute, I think you're onto something here.

So from that, one could suppose that perhaps we have the backs with potential to make us a great side, we just need to figure out how the Storm get them to that next level.

I remember reading that even when he went into the Storm system, Papenhayzen was third or fourth in the ranking as potentially their next first grade fullback. Their procession planning after Smith/Cronk/Slater was frankly superb. I mean look at their hooker stocks. They had arguably three of the best in the whole comp. They had a Plan A, B, C, D...

I’d say it’s about the player himself , as much as we probably do a good job of laying the right foundations .
The gap seems to be turning elite reserve graders into competent first graders , and let thier natural talent progress them the rest of the way .

Also the storm stick thier reserve graders in the QRL. There’s something to be said about that .

@tiger05premier said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508071) said:

He will be good for our young hookers

I also think he will bring a lot more than Tamou did

Tamou brought his lunch in a Panthers soft sided cooler bag.
Not much else.

Gutho re-signs with Parra til the end of 2025 on a reported 750k a season….

Hopefully they pay overs to keep Reed with the bulldogs lurking and struggle to retain Paulo so we can pounce

@teddy23 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508087) said:
Gutho re-signs with Parra til the end of 2025 on a reported 750k a season….

Hopefully they pay overs to keep Reed with the bulldogs lurking and struggle to retain Paulo so we can pounce

Seems like a good price for your fullback and captain

Where did you hear that

Back