Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@balmainian said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508386) said:
@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508352) said:
LL is the type of player I think helps a squad thats on the rebuild.

Fun-loving attitude andnthe guy can play also.

With Paps inthe squad I think LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays.

Definite Retain for me.

Slight upgrade is a good ideas, now is not a fime to loose the better members of our squad.

Any further upgrade in line with performance in 2022

We need a hard nose enforcer in the pack.
Someone like Finucane , having fun loving guys is great for moral but not great for results.
And before any keyboard warriors get button happy I’m not saying he’s a problem...just saying we need a focused hard head in the pack to run along side Big stef.

We’ve got one who’s been out injured all year in Zane Musgrove.
Hopefully next year he stays injury free.

@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508371) said:
A mate texted me that Reed Mahoney will also be joining the Dogs.

Further tells me **that salary cap means absolutely nothing.**

Lot of pressure on the Dogs over the next year to persuade a few players to leave. Clubs should not touch any Dogs players and let them stew in the cap mess they have created. Love to see Gus and Baz’s creation go totally belly up

@supercoach said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508390) said:

Lot of pressure on the Dogs over the next year to persuade a few players to leave. Clubs should not touch any Dogs players and let them stew in the cap mess they have created. Love to see Gus and Baz’s creation go totally belly up

What cap mess? They had something like 15 players off contract this season, and about another 10 next year. It’s not hard to look at the whole picture first before assuming they are headed towards a cap nightmare. For all Gus is, he knows how to run a club like the back of his hand.

@merlot said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508326) said:
anybody think Luciano will get his up grade with us or leave 4 less money

I hope we keep him, because he’s one of our more dangerous attacking players.

However I’d be more concerned about the length of contract than the price. I don’t think he’s the type of player you pay big money for a 4 year contract. I’d give him no more than a 2 year extension.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508394) said:

What cap mess? They had something like 15 players off contract this season, and about another 10 next year. It’s not hard to look at the whole picture first before assuming they are headed towards a cap nightmare. For all Gus is, he knows how to run a club like the back of his hand.

It's my first thought too but once you look at players off contract and what not, there's your explanation on how they can make it work. Don't forget Elliott going gave them 500k+ and asiata if doesn't get vax adds another 180k on top.

With Paps inthe squad I think LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays.

Definite Retain for me.

Slight upgrade is a good ideas, now is not a fime to loose the better members of our squad.

100% agreed mate, if we can do a deal with Luciano for the right price we should definitely keep him. Reduce his minutes and he can be a very damaging player! Especially as the rest of our pack improves he will become even better.

The players they let go were mostly rejects and

They players that the dogs let go were mostly garbage who have failed to find contracts at other clubs.

This does equate to the number of premium/ top shelf recruits with the money freed up.

Yes I know but they still have to have a 30 man roster under the cap and they will be carrying half a dozen big contracts or more. Even if you pay the rest close to minimum contract your going to have cap problems.

@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508405) said:

The players they let go were mostly rejects and

They players tjat the dogs let go were mostly garbage who have failed to find contracts.

This does not make way for premium/ top shelf recruits with the money freed up.

Clubs have to spend most of the cap so those unwanted players were probably on overs

Well he actually will be right if Reed signs with either team..

It’s no coincidence that Gould showed up just when all the rubbish is off contract…

@cktiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508389) said:

Definite Retain for me.

Someone like Finucane , having fun loving guys is great for moral but not great for results.
And before any keyboard warriors get button happy I’m not saying he’s a problem...just saying we need a focused hard head in the pack to run along side Big stef.

If Zane can remain injury free I think he will suprised a few people. He is a massive human with aggression.
He needs to learn how to channel that aggression, without getting disturb suspended or giving away dumb penalties.

@palms said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508416) said:

Definite Retain for me.

If Zane can remain injury free I think he will suprised a few people. He is a massive human with aggression.
He needs to learn how to channel that aggression, without getting disturb suspended or giving away dumb penalties.

Club have really high hopes for Musgrove and rate him. Believe he can become a dominant force. I suppose my question is whether this can be done consistently?

Definite Retain for me.

Still have hope for ZM. Young enough to still develop into a solid FGer.

@tiger_steve said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508417) said:

Definite Retain for me.

Club have really high hopes for Musgrove rate him. Believe he can become a dominant force. I suppose my question is whether this can be done consistently?

He’s shown some potential in games but in others has looked like a park player. I’m not confident he can find that consistency

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508419) said:

Definite Retain for me.

Club have really high hopes for Musgrove rate him. Believe he can become a dominant force. I suppose my question is whether this can be done consistently?

He’s shown some potential in games but in others has looked like a park player. I’m not confident he can find that consistency

I keep remembering that Manly game!! Hope he makes it though. We need an enforcer

Definite Retain for me.

He is still really young both in age and in his NRL career. In 2017 you could see the potential with consistent minutes every week in and stringing together week on week football. Apart from that season he has only managed 17 games in 3 years.
Let's just pray to the injury gods.

@palms said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508425) said:

Definite Retain for me.

He is still really young both in age and in his NRL career. In 2017 you could see the potential with consistent minutes every week in and stringing together week on week football. Apart from that season he has only managed 17 games in 3 years.
Let's just pray to the injury gods.

I'd argue Musgrove has played a lot more good footy than bad for us, just been bloody injured all the time. Hopefully he snags a bench spot round 1

Now I've heard it all. Just heard Buzz on Sky Sports Radio saying that every club cheats the cap, except Parra are squeaky clean and are now paying the price in losing players. This is the same bloke that kept saying throughout the year (NRL 360) that players were taking less to stay at Clubs like the Roosters to play for a winning club. It's true the correlation between too much alcohol and diminished brain cells.

@lupo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508445) said:
Now I've heard it all. Just heard Buzz on Sky Sports Radio saying that every club cheats the cap, except Parra are squeaky clean and are now paying the price in losing players. This is the same bloke that kept saying throughout the year (NRL 360) that players were taking less to stay at Clubs like the Roosters to play for a winning club. It's true the correlation between too much alcohol and diminished brain cells.

The guy is an enemy of the code.

Latest posts

Back