Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@cktiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508389) said:
@balmainian said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508386) said:
@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508352) said:
LL is the type of player I think helps a squad thats on the rebuild.

Fun-loving attitude andnthe guy can play also.

With Paps inthe squad I think LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays.

Definite Retain for me.

Slight upgrade is a good ideas, now is not a fime to loose the better members of our squad.

Any further upgrade in line with performance in 2022

We need a hard nose enforcer in the pack.
Someone like Finucane , having fun loving guys is great for moral but not great for results.
And before any keyboard warriors get button happy I’m not saying he’s a problem...just saying we need a focused hard head in the pack to run along side Big stef.

We’ve got one who’s been out injured all year in Zane Musgrove.
Hopefully next year he stays injury free.

If Zane can remain injury free I think he will suprised a few people. He is a massive human with aggression.
He needs to learn how to channel that aggression, without getting disturb suspended or giving away dumb penalties.

@palms said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508416) said:

With Paps inthe squad I think LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays.

Definite Retain for me.

Slight upgrade is a good ideas, now is not a fime to loose the better members of our squad.

Someone like Finucane , having fun loving guys is great for moral but not great for results.
And before any keyboard warriors get button happy I’m not saying he’s a problem...just saying we need a focused hard head in the pack to run along side Big stef.

If Zane can remain injury free I think he will suprised a few people. He is a massive human with aggression.
He needs to learn how to channel that aggression, without getting disturb suspended or giving away dumb penalties.

Club have really high hopes for Musgrove and rate him. Believe he can become a dominant force. I suppose my question is whether this can be done consistently?

Definite Retain for me.

Still have hope for ZM. Young enough to still develop into a solid FGer.

@tiger_steve said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508417) said:

Definite Retain for me.

Club have really high hopes for Musgrove rate him. Believe he can become a dominant force. I suppose my question is whether this can be done consistently?

He’s shown some potential in games but in others has looked like a park player. I’m not confident he can find that consistency

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508419) said:

Definite Retain for me.

Club have really high hopes for Musgrove rate him. Believe he can become a dominant force. I suppose my question is whether this can be done consistently?

He’s shown some potential in games but in others has looked like a park player. I’m not confident he can find that consistency

I keep remembering that Manly game!! Hope he makes it though. We need an enforcer

Definite Retain for me.

He is still really young both in age and in his NRL career. In 2017 you could see the potential with consistent minutes every week in and stringing together week on week football. Apart from that season he has only managed 17 games in 3 years.
Let's just pray to the injury gods.

@palms said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508425) said:

Definite Retain for me.

He is still really young both in age and in his NRL career. In 2017 you could see the potential with consistent minutes every week in and stringing together week on week football. Apart from that season he has only managed 17 games in 3 years.
Let's just pray to the injury gods.

I'd argue Musgrove has played a lot more good footy than bad for us, just been bloody injured all the time. Hopefully he snags a bench spot round 1

Now I've heard it all. Just heard Buzz on Sky Sports Radio saying that every club cheats the cap, except Parra are squeaky clean and are now paying the price in losing players. This is the same bloke that kept saying throughout the year (NRL 360) that players were taking less to stay at Clubs like the Roosters to play for a winning club. It's true the correlation between too much alcohol and diminished brain cells.

@lupo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508445) said:
Now I've heard it all. Just heard Buzz on Sky Sports Radio saying that every club cheats the cap, except Parra are squeaky clean and are now paying the price in losing players. This is the same bloke that kept saying throughout the year (NRL 360) that players were taking less to stay at Clubs like the Roosters to play for a winning club. It's true the correlation between too much alcohol and diminished brain cells.

The guy is an enemy of the code.

Least he didn’t say every club except the Sharks.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508453) said:

Was he drunk? Lol

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508298) said:
@pascoes_barber said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508297) said:
@wt2k said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508271) said:
Guess this fits the rumour thread. Sad day for NRL fans who only have FTA option. From Buzz article.

![20211120_225035.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1637409159659-20211120_225035.jpg)

You’re kidding, he’s is absolutely f’ing awful in every sense. Glad I’ve got Kayo.

Dan Ginane is heaps better ?

Dan Ginane, apart from being the worst caller in the sporting world, is no better than a cow patty.

@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508456) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508453) said:

Was he drunk? Lol

Is he ever sober?

He would probably have to stop drinking for a month to blow 0.000 on a breathalyzer

@russell said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508492) said:
Guess this fits the rumour thread. Sad day for NRL fans who only have FTA option. From Buzz article.

You’re kidding, he’s is absolutely f’ing awful in every sense. Glad I’ve got Kayo.

Dan Ginane, apart from being the worst caller in the sporting world, is no better than a cow patty.

I'd take Ginane over Ray Warren (post about 2010 when he became senile) and Ray Hadley

With Paps inthe squad I think **LL will be more creative and more damaging for the minutest that he plays**.

Definite Retain for me.

Luciano has played some very good games for WTs.

The bolded part of your post is to me the most important. Use him they way that best utilises his attacking skills.

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508502) said:

I'd take Ginane over Ray Warren (post about 2010 when he became senile) and Ray Hadley

I’d take just about anyone over Rabs these days. As for Hadley, I really don’t care one way or the other about him. Only issue I have is he can’t adjust from being a radio commentator. He’s too overly descriptive of the play for TV.

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508507) said:
@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508502) said:

I’d take just about anyone over Rabs these days. As for Hadley, I really don’t care one way or the other about him. Only issue I have is he can’t adjust from being a radio commentator. He’s too overly descriptive of the play for TV.

Not many commentators I like anymore. Used to love Vossy but he's getting worse every year

Warren Smith is decent, bit of a knob on Twitter though ?

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508419) said:

Definite Retain for me.

Will be happy if he shows us anything....didnt at rabbits and nothing to show us mainly due to injury ,incidents and time off park. Iam not confident with Zanes output for us in the future and that long contract shows confidence from someone

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508388) said:

Definite Retain for me.

When I think of enforcers, I don’t think Dale Finucane.

I am so glad we didn't sign this guy. We got better for less. We got a player on the up rather than a guy looking for a retirement contract.

It might not have been by design but with the cap I think you have limited bullets to shoot and you have to use them wisely.

The Dogs clearly don't have a cap at this point.

@spartan117 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1508371) said:
A mate texted me that Reed Mahoney will also be joining the Dogs.

Further tells me **that salary cap means absolutely nothing.**

Off course it means nothing. We are a tad late to the party when it comes to running a business in the NRL. We've been trying to play by the rules for way too long and look where we are at. Time to get some bastard into us and take the gloves off.

Latest posts

Back