Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517695) said:
@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517692) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517673) said:
Signings for 2022 are still pretty light.

Yes, close to non existent

Gildart - Great Britain international
Hastings - GB international
Maumalo - NZ International
Tupou - ACT Brumbies and star raiders Junior
Peachey - recent NSW origin player

You’ve been spending time with Lee and Justin .

Reports out that James Roberts has earned a spot in our top 30 for 2022. Would leave us with one spot left in our top 30 at this point in time

TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

The Tigers have officially handed James Roberts a top 30 deal. The Tigers enticed James Roberts back through a train and trial deal during summer but the ex-NSW centre has impressed enough to be given a full-time contract.

Roberts’ joined the Tigers last season on a cut-price deal. He played 11 matches in the top grade for the Tigers. Roberts is the 29th player contracted to the Tigers for next season, leaving them with one roster spot to fill.

Via Daily Telegraph

@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517691) said:
@formerguest said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517646) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517423) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517413) said:
@gnr4life said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517412) said:
@eyeofthetiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517407) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517405) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517395) said:
@earl said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517391) said:
@tiedye said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517378) said:
Missing boys here @cochise @hobbo1 @happy_tiger

Come back dudes.

Don’t forget Willow

Their posting happily together on their own forum now.

Yeah. Just sooks

Dude, it was sook behaviour from posters that got them canned to begin with. Pot meet kettle.

Oh well mate. Don’t like it, go on there forum.

Who are you to tell me where to go? I’ve been here over 11 years, you’ve been here a couple months. Sit down and know your place.

Whilst I can understand the frustration of being a collective target of late, I am sure that you are also aware that you contribute by often being more forthright than most others. Still, your ultimate sentence has no place here other than fermenting discord and particularly so in the case of virginal members (and not saying the quoted is).

I don’t mind being a target, but I don’t take kindly to being told to go somewhere else if I don’t like what’s going on.

Suck it mate, long time coming.

A great Simpsons episode once said “hey there’s that boy who laughs at everyone when they’re banned, let’s all laugh at him !”

@kaito said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517713) said:
TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

The Tigers have officially handed James Roberts a top 30 deal. The Tigers enticed James Roberts back through a train and trial deal during summer but the ex-NSW centre has impressed enough to be given a full-time contract.

Roberts’ joined the Tigers last season on a cut-price deal. He played 11 matches in the top grade for the Tigers. Roberts is the 29th player contracted to the Tigers for next season, leaving them with one roster spot to fill.

Via Daily Telegraph

God help us. He was terrible last year.

@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517716) said:
TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

Don't worry, he's training the house down!!

TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

Completely agree,it certainly was not something i was expecting especially before a ball has even been kicked

MATEO’S NEW ROLE

Benji Marshall isn’t the only familiar face walking around Concord these days. Ex-Parramatta, Warriors and Manly back-rower Feleti Mateo has been appointed assistant coach of Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg team.

TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

Replaced Ivan’s nuffies with? We should have 3 million left in the cap.

TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

Wests tigers are in desperado territory. How could they justify giving a tired slowed down Roberts a spot instead of leaving it for a capable junior to fill?

@littlebittipsy said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517722) said:
MATEO’S NEW ROLE

Benji Marshall isn’t the only familiar face walking around Concord these days. Ex-Parramatta, Warriors and Manly back-rower Feleti Mateo has been appointed assistant coach of Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg team.

Random, great player tho.

@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517697) said:
@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517695) said:
@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517692) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517673) said:
Signings for 2022 are still pretty light.

Yes, close to non existent

Gildart - Great Britain international
Hastings - GB international
Maumalo - NZ International
Tupou - ACT Brumbies and star raiders Junior
Peachey - recent NSW origin player

1 was here last year, 3 have no recent NRL experience and the last is a 30 year old that could not hold down a starting position at the Titans.

If we were semi finalists who had kept most of our roster, tinkering around the edges is acceptable. We needed major improvement and these guys are not that.

When your best 17 includes Kepoa, Garner and a question mark at centre, you are behind the eight ball to start with

I'm sorry but that is a falsehood regarding Peachey. By the end of the season he was first choice 5/8 for the Titans who played in the finals, he was picked ahead of a bloke they were paying $1mill a season

TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

We really are only building for 2023 if that's true. Spoon for 22 I guess

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Indigenous lads create some Black Magic.
Picture The Peach putting on late footwork at the line, beats the first defender and is wrapped up by the second... but miraculously keeps the ball-carrying arm free to pop a pearler of a ball to Laurie who carves his way into the back-field, draws the full-back and shoots a deft right-to-left pass to The Jet who streaks under the posts...

You think I'm dreaming? Well I am, and I'll never stop hoping that the best Wests Tigers is yet to come.

@magpieger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517733) said:
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the Indigenous lads create some Black Magic.
Picture The Peach putting on late footwork at the line, beats the first defender and is wrapped up by the second... but miraculously keeps the ball-carrying arm free to pop a pearler of a ball to Laurie who carves his way into the back-field, draws the full-back and shoots a deft right-to-left pass to The Jet who streaks under the posts...

You think I'm dreaming? Well I am, and I'll never stop hoping that the best Wests Tigers is yet to come.

Laurie is a potential star, Peachey still has a lot offer.....Roberts is done, this is one 2022 signing I feel we've got wrong.

I'll be glad if Peach stays exclusively in the forwards, never been a fan of switching guys between backs and forwards. Just give 'em a job and let 'em go to work.

@eternal-tiger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517734) said:
@magpieger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517733) said:

Laurie is a potential star, Peachey still has a lot offer.....Roberts is done, this is one 2022 signing I feel we've got wrong.

Fair enough, you're not the only one and I can appreciate why, but I still think he had limited opportunities in '21.

Has any one got any info on the swap between LL and the two young backrowers from the cowboys , would love us to get this done

Resigning Roberts is great news he will be back to his best did not get good early ball last year from Douiehi hopefully Hastings changes that & if so watch Roberts become one of the best centre’s for 2022 I can’t believe so many people on this forum cannot see he still can be dangerous we need speed & he has plenty of it.

Back