Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Resigning Roberts is great news he will be back to his best did not get good early ball last year from Douiehi hopefully Hastings changes that & if so watch Roberts become one of the best centre’s for 2022 I can’t believe so many people on this forum cannot see he still can be dangerous we need speed & he has plenty of it.

Roberts although not great signing, he gives cover until rd 10 without breaking the bank. Sheens must have a plan putting those dollars to better use 2022.

@bptiger-0 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517740) said:
Has any one got any info on the swap between LL and the two young backrowers from the cowboys , would love us to get this done

We have reportedly offered Jeremiah Nanai, $300K a season for 2 years from 2023, I don't know why they don't increase it to $350 a season to clinch the deal.
The Cowboys don't have much cap space available, then try to swap LL with Nanai next year.

@tigerlouis said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517743) said:
Resigning Roberts is great news he will be back to his best did not get good early ball last year from Douiehi hopefully Hastings changes that & if so watch Roberts become one of the best centre’s for 2022 I can’t believe so many people on this forum cannot see he still can be dangerous we need speed & he has plenty of it.

He couldn’t catch couldn’t tackle and struggled with Covid rules ❌❌❌

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517718) said:
@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517716) said:
@kaito said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517713) said:
TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

The Tigers have officially handed James Roberts a top 30 deal. The Tigers enticed James Roberts back through a train and trial deal during summer but the ex-NSW centre has impressed enough to be given a full-time contract.

Roberts’ joined the Tigers last season on a cut-price deal. He played 11 matches in the top grade for the Tigers. Roberts is the 29th player contracted to the Tigers for next season, leaving them with one roster spot to fill.

Via Daily Telegraph

God help us. He was terrible last year.

Don't worry, he's training the house down!!

He better :laughing:

@magpieger said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517735) said:
I'll be glad if Peach stays exclusively in the forwards, never been a fan of switching guys between backs and forwards. Just give 'em a job and let 'em go to work.

100 percent mate.

He played 14 games & the whole team was not playing well he did not get enough opportunities he deserves another chance I hope he proves the naysayers wrong

@tigerlouis said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517768) said:
He played 14 games & the whole team was not playing well he did not get enough opportunities he deserves another chance I hope he proves the naysayers wrong

We all hope he improves since we have now signed him for another year,but this year he was hopeless on both sides of the ball

@paul-wright said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517769) said:
@tigerlouis said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517768) said:

We all hope he improves since we have now signed him for another year,but this year he was hopeless on both sides of the ball

We’re not very good at reversing poor form. Generally we get what we buy.

@boonboon said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517695) said:
@harvey said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517692) said:
@tony-soprano said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517673) said:
Signings for 2022 are still pretty light.

Yes, close to non existent

Gildart - Great Britain international
Hastings - GB international
Maumalo - NZ International
Tupou - ACT Brumbies and star raiders Junior
Peachey - recent NSW origin player

Think we need some more forwards for 22 mate.

@camel2281 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517732) said:
TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

The Tigers have officially handed James Roberts a top 30 deal. The Tigers enticed James Roberts back through a train and trial deal during summer but the ex-NSW centre has impressed enough to be given a full-time contract.

Roberts’ joined the Tigers last season on a cut-price deal. He played 11 matches in the top grade for the Tigers. Roberts is the 29th player contracted to the Tigers for next season, leaving them with one roster spot to fill.

Via Daily Telegraph

We really are only building for 2023 if that's true. Spoon for 22 I guess

Signing Roberts doesn’t guarantee the club a wooden spoon given the lack of talent available he was always gonna get a contract unless Cotric did sign with us than maybe not but anyway I hope 22 is better for Roberts than it was in 21 and while he definitely did not play his best footy he wasn’t at fault for all of his performances the halves at times really did struggle for our Centres but hoping 22 is better than 21

So who exactly is our backup fullback if Laurie goes down? Nofa, Kepaoa aren't great options. Doueihi shouldn't be moved around and put there. Maybe one of the unproven kids? Who knows, guess they're confident in someone at the club.

I know there's some kids outside the top 30 who can play fullback but be a big ask to throw them into first grade

@jc99 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517777) said:
So who exactly is our backup fullback if Laurie goes down? Nofa, Kepaoa aren't great options. Doueihi shouldn't be moved around and put there. Maybe one of the unproven kids? Who knows, guess they're confident in someone at the club.

I know there's some kids outside the top 30 who can play fullback but be a big ask to throw them into first grade

Hastings is the most experienced available..backup

Played there for Wigan

I'm certain Tupou can do a job there

@kaito said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517780) said:

Might even end up first choice.

Speaking of which, I haven't seen him in the training pics released since he signed ? Wonder what's the go with that?

@westsboi2019 said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517789) said:

Speaking of which, I haven't seen him in the training pics released since he signed ? Wonder what's the go with that?

He's definitely training. I think the club is deliberately keeping him out of the spotlight (for now). Think we'll be seeing a lot of him.

TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

A minimum salary player who filled in okay in a heap of games and you're saying he's terrible? He's a squad player, forget his name. look for someone else who can play like him for that salary.

Sometimes you all forget there is a salary cap and that means teams can't spend 800k on everyone.

Roberts filled his role just fine.

Also think there's still potential there. Either way this is decent business

@geo said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517778) said:

Hastings is the most experienced available..backup

Played there for Wigan

Even still, not his natural or best position. Guess the club has seen someone do well enough at training until to not feel the need to sign someone else

@watersider said in [Signing Suggestions & Rumours](/post/1517793) said:
TIGERS LOCK IN ROBERTS

Via Daily Telegraph

A minimum salary player who filled in okay in a heap of games and you're saying he's terrible? He's a squad player, forget his name. look for someone else who can play like him for that salary.

Sometimes you all forget there is a salary cap and that means teams can't spend 800k on everyone.

Roberts filled his role just fine.

Also think there's still potential there. Either way this is decent business

Laurie played brilliantly on min $

JTJ flopped

Latest posts

Back