Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

2 things ...

1 - if Doeuhi waits until Nov1 so he can test the open market, fair chance we have a crack at Dylan Brown as he will test the market but wants to stay in western Sydney due to family.

2 - I'm sure we'll talk to Spencer Leniu on Nov 1 with the limited amount of starting time he has gotten this season including demotion for 1 game to NSW Cup. I'd then tempt Panthers with an early release for 2023 with Jake Simpkin as an exchange in 2023. Simpkin would be a good chance as a starter or backup hooker with Api departing.

Ponder that peeps!

2 things ...

1 - if Doeuhi waits until Nov1 so he can test the open market, fair chance we have a crack at Dylan Brown as he will test the market but wants to stay in western Sydney due to family.

2 - I'm sure we'll talk to Spencer Leniu on Nov 1 with the limited amount of starting time he has gotten this season including demotion for 1 game to NSW Cup. I'd then tempt Panthers with an early release for 2023 with Jake Simpkin as an exchange in 2023. Simpkin would be a good chance as a starter or backup hooker with Api departing.

Ponder that peeps!
I'd be happy with both those things happening. I still think that the NRL needs to remove this signing 1 year out rubbish though. I'd like to keep Doeuhi, but at this point in time Dylan Brown is a better 5/8. Spencer Leniu would be good in any team.

2 things ...

Ponder that peeps!
I like the idea but swap Simpkin with Liddle.

2 things ...

Ponder that peeps!
exactly if douhie waits then cone on down Dylan Brown

2 things ...

Ponder that peeps!

Spencer Leniu would be a great signing. He is still only 21 and has enormous potential. He's very effective as an impact forward but I'd be surprised if he's not looking for a starting role. We can offer that and more money than his current deal at Penrith. Hopefully his mate Api puts in a good word for us.

I am of the opinion that the addition of Api next year, and an okay run with injuries, we will get quite a few more wins. Perhaps not enough to play finals, but enough to make us a more attractive proposition to prospective players looking for a contract. I don't mind us signing some older heads, nearing the end of their careers, just not on long term deals that mean that we are stuck with them for too long. Club or Mutual Options seem to be the way to go. So a big yes to players like Dylan Brown, not so much to Nathan.

I am of the opinion that the addition of Api next year, and an okay run with injuries, we will get quite a few more wins. Perhaps not enough to play finals, but enough to make us a more attractive proposition to prospective players looking for a contract. I don't mind us signing some older heads, nearing the end of their careers, just not on long term deals that mean that we are stuck with them for too long. Club or Mutual Options seem to be the way to go. So a big yes to players like Dylan Brown, not so much to Nathan.
We are so close to having an elite team it's not funny - if we were to say land John Bateman and then out of left field Joseph Tapine. Then I go from being like maybe we make the finals to an expectation of making the finals. 2 players - not even backs can change our trajectory.

We are so close to having an elite team it's not funny - if we were to say land John Bateman and then out of left field Joseph Tapine. Then I go from being like maybe we make the finals to an expectation of making the finals. 2 players - not even backs can change our trajectory.
Agree, but would rather Angus Chrighton and Tapine. That pair would be game changing. Would also mean that we wouldn't need to pay overs for other players.

We have the worst roster in the comp, and a horrible spine with all positions up for grabs next season except the 9 with Api. We have the worst backline in the comp. We have one of the weakest/most inconsistent packs in the comp. Our defence across the board is atrocious. We have no support play.
We're currently about 13 players short of an elite side.

Tedesco speaks regularly with Marshall, and the Tigers’ legend even reached out to him about a homecoming.
“Benji lives down the road from me, and before he was even announced as head coach at the Tigers, he texted me about coming back,” Tedesco said.

“I never thought he was serious at the time. He was appointed coach and then all these stories came out about me [returning].
“I’m close with Benji but I’m very happy at the Roosters. Robbo also signed on for another five years this year, and that’s a big factor for me. He’s the best coach I’ve ever had. I can’t thank him enough for not only what he does for my game and confidence on the field, but how he has helped me as a leader off the field.”

Agree, but would rather Angus Chrighton and Tapine. That pair would be game changing. Would also mean that we wouldn't need to pay overs for other players.
Can you imagine if last year, when we were apparently flush with cash, we offered overs and only bought 3 players, Burton, Hynes and Finucane? And then got Api and Papi for next year?

Since we are looking to pair papa with a new second rower why not go for Liam martin he is only 25 and has played in a few finals series and played for Nsw a few times as well the only problem is we would most likely have to pay overs from him but when your a team like the tigers that's what you have to do to sign players

Since we are looking to pair papa with a new second rower why not go for Liam martin he is only 25 and has played in a few finals series and played for Nsw a few times as well the only problem is we would most likely have to pay overs from him but when your a team like the tigers that's what you have to do to sign players
Can be approached from November 1 too I am pretty sure. Definitely would improve our pack. I really rate him.

Latest posts

Members online

Back