Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeh, they're fair points. Ipswich would've been a gun spot for sheer size and participation rates. Redcliffe by comparison are a professional and profit-making club with a monster leagues club and out of the box suburban home ground. It's an interesting comparison.

My point was simply that Redcliffe aren't a cereal box team but are actually grounded in a rich history at QCup and junior levels.
They haven't been round that long .......1965 from memory

Along with Brisbane Easts the perennial grand final chokers ...between the 2 of them they had to have lost 23 GF's in 52 years

But they really have put the hot knife into Ipswich RL .....2 years ago 1 Ipswich School produced 11 NRL contracts ......

If I were the WT's I find the funds to link our programme with Ipswich ...add the link with Tommy and Noel Kelly .....priceless

Last edited:
I wouldn't even bother thinking about signing Moses up for 23. You see if you can get the deal done for 24 and go from there.

We tried that game with JAC and we got played.
The Fans are desperate for results next year I think most supporters would want them to push hard however, I see your point.

MITCHELL MOSES

Eels administrators fear they’re losing the fight to retain their star halfback. They have tabled a four-year deal which they believe is fair and reasonable.

However, it will fall short of what the Wests Tigers and Bulldogs are willing to offer, which is in excess of $1.2 million per season. Moses has a clause in his contract that allows him to stay with the Eels in 2024, but he has no later than April next year to trigger the rollover. Expect a decision much earlier.

LUKE BROOKS

For the Wests Tigers, this is as much about Brooks as it is Adam Doueihi and Daine Laurie. All three spine players are off-contract at the end of 2023 and the decision to retain Brooks beyond the final year of his 2023 contract will impact how much the club can spare for either Doueihi or Laurie. Do they ask the polarising halfback to take a massive pay-cut or do they sever ties all together? Of the three, in my view, Doueihi has to be the absolute priority. He’s an out-and-out footballer who has the size and skill to be one of the most dominant five-eighths in the game.

(DT)
Who wrote this? Sheens has said he wants to retain Brooks post 23 on a reduced contract. The decision may have already been made. Reportedly Moses wants to play with Brooks and the club is in the chase for Moses. Hasting has been let go. Doueihi may have priced himself out of a new contract. I hope Laure can be retained, he has a lot of upside.

The Fans are desperate for results next year I think most supporters would want them to push hard however, I see your point.
It will be a very long season for both the Eels and Moses if he stays at Parra in 23. Best thing for Parra is to try and get something out of a bad situation and release Moses. Of course recent history tells us that is unlikely to happen.

I personally think the Dogs are in the box seat if he leaves Parra at the end of 23 and we are in the box seat if he can get a release. Maybe the powers of Issac Moses might work in our favour for once

I’m just thinking from my pov if I was a third party sponsor.

If I had given a car to a player, he’d be playing for my team with certainty long term. If I was contractually obligated to give him one in this hypothetical situation, I wouldn’t be splashing it around on social media. It’s negative goodwill for mine. I don’t see any value in a player with Moses profile, driving my BMW as some sort of advertising or marketing for my company. It’s purely to strengthen my team.

Just my (cynical) slant.
And that is exactly why TPAs are a joke. We all know that is what happens but it is the exact opposite of how TPAs are supposed to work.

On paper it probably is. Hard to prove otherwise.
Just had a quick look at Pawwa’s sponsors and Trivett Subaru are an official sponsor so there’s no way they’d have two dealerships sponsoring them.

That would suggest BMW are a personal sponsor and under TPA agreements that would mean no direct link with the club. Again as you said though hard to prove.

Although I have been of the opinion (totally impartially) that the most logical choice would be the tigers I didn’t take into consideration Moses’ Lebanese background and how that may sway him to play for the dogs.
Who is promulgating the idea that Lebs are inclined to play for Bulldogs?

Tigers have a rich Lebanese history including Moses' own uncle Benny. There couldn't possibly be a stronger tie to the Tigers than the one Moses already has, inclusive of the fact he played Tigers juniors and went to school in a Tigers area, and his relatives played for Tigers.

Same myth that indigenous people will somehow end up at Souths.

I think I'd rather nothing.come out positive or negative.

A layer might not like anything coming out if they want to leave there team. If I was a player going for a contract elsewhere, id want them to zip it until I've told my teammates etc.
You mean nothing come out like some rando who you don't know, who claims Lee H said XYZ to them at a function?

Back