Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Most of our team right across the park looked way better than last year. Okay it was only trial, but having a big fast forward pack makes a massive difference. So I think everyone should hold fire on Brooks and give him a chance to show his wares playing behind a good pack. If after a month and he is still struggling, sure go for the jugular, but till than I think he deserves some slack
Brooks and Douhie are playing for their spots this year. No excuses now.

A half is pretty useless in a team which isn’t playing footy, with a forward pack that gets rag dolled every week.
Give Brooks some game time before crucifying him please? IMHO, he’s here to stay and we will see why this season.
If Moses comes in 24, then Doueihi moves to 13 or finds another club, as dissapointing as that may sound to many of us, but he is not the zippy pivot we need. He’s very predictable, particularly with his passing. Don’t get me wrong , I want him in the team somewhere, but not 6 or 7. If it comes to a choice between him or Moses at 6, then the choice is clear.
Moses ain't coming here to play 6

I've never seen Brooks be as dominant in a game as AD was yesterday paws. I honestly think Moses and AD would compliment each other far more than Brooks
Moses and Brooks - both quick, one plays right side and the other left side, one has a right boot, the other left and both have strong defence. Moses quite a dominant player. Brooks with ability to skip to the outside of his opponent to create the overlap. Both having played together throughout the juniors and early years at WTs.

I would be surprised if the coaching team did not discuss the future halves pairing prior to making the d to chase Moses.

Moses and Brooks - both quick, one plays right side and the other left side, one has a right boot, the other left and both have strong defence. Moses quite a dominant player. Brooks with ability to skip to the outside of his opponent to create the overlap. Both having played together throughout the juniors and early years at WTs.

I would be surprised if the coaching team did not discuss the future halves pairing prior to making the d to chase Moses.
Or the decision to extend AD?

I think most of us want to win games and we care less about the players. I think you want to push the line that Brooks is a better player than AD. I'm not buying that.

I can easily beat your argument. Moses and AD would win us the comp. I'm not stating it's true but the question is who is better Moses and AD or Brooks and Moses.
AD played better in that one game than Brooks has played in the last season.

Back