Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It’s crazy to think in the off season we were all discussing the possibility of bringing woods back and now seeing players like James rip in and show such good signs! Soo glad we dodged that bullet lol
Totally agree carlton,thats why I dont want Moses back anywhere near the club,there will be better somewhere including juniors that will play for the club and team....How do we even know that he would improve us just because he has done well at Parra...what will improve us dramatically is the new forward pack we have,talented young players and an attitude to play for each other with a winning attitude...
I can bet now that Sheens has Brooks at half and AD 5/8 hence the 1 year extention..dont forget in his presser after the last trial he said AD played really well and he will have Brooks back with him..this to me sounds like Sheens knows more about where Moses will be playing in the future and I dont think it will be at the WTs ...only my opinion ...

Totally agree carlton,thats why I dont want Moses back anywhere near the club,there will be better somewhere including juniors that will play for the club and team....How do we even know that he would improve us just because he has done well at Parra...what will improve us dramatically is the new forward pack we have,talented young players and an attitude to play for each other with a winning attitude...
I can bet now that Sheens has Brooks at half and AD 5/8 hence the 1 year extention..dont forget in his presser after the last trial he said AD played really well and he will have Brooks back with him..this to me sounds like Sheens knows more about where Moses will be playing in the future and I dont think it will be at the WTs ...only my opinion ...
Yeh 100% agree mate, the forward pack we have plus leaders in that forward pack is going to do amazing things for us. We may not see it straight away but the benefit for the younger players is where it will show big time in the future. It wasn’t to long ago sheens was praising some young halves we have coming through wasn’t he? I can’t remember if they were halves and if so how far of first grade they are? I’m of the belief that if ur going to pay 1.4m for a player he should all but guarantee you a top 4 spot with the squad we have and wether Moses can do that or not is another thing

Roosters reportably sign Dom Young for 2024

What a backline 🔥

1 Teddy
2 Dom Young
3 Manu
4 Suaali
5 Tupou

I would think that the NRL will put the APPROVED rubber stamp on that as fast as they can.You have to keep the people who make the decisions happy and wealthy.
The rich get richer and the poor can get lost

Can only laugh aye, ha.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of him, but is Dom Young really that good? Seems very raw still, and not a guarantee he'll kick on.
One trick pony.
It’s only recently he’s leaned to catch

That's not really a useful stat at all because it doesn't take into account volume. If someone's putting in 10 kicks a game in attacking territory and coming away with only 1 dropout every 2 games, that's not a good return at all. Whereas someone could only put in an attacking kick or two a game, so even 1 out of every 3 games getting a drop out would be impressive.

The eye-test is far superior here and Brooks' short kicking game is pretty poor. He did have some nice grubbers back in the day when Tedesco was at fullback, but it also spoke of Teddy's kick chasing skills as much as did Brooks' kicks.
You think Luke Brooks gets to put in *more* attacking kicks than most halves? Because we're always finishing sets on the opponent's line, presumably.

Reactions: 851
That's just how real coaches and real clubs get it done....

Come on man. It's wrong. It just makes the comp a joke. There must be so many under the table payments.

It's got nothing to do with being real as well. In fact it's the opposite. It's as fake as you get.

Back