Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

And cry me a river about 'promises' of jobs after footy... Furthermore, Name me a club that hasn't got someone who got a job 'After Footy' (I can think of at least one at every club without even thinking)
You can think without thinking? 😉

I think Young has got a lot more than promise. I certainly don't think there are ten better wingers than him. And if he's making huge yardage and scoring long-distance tries for fun at the Knights he'll run riot once he's integrated into the Roosters' system. A lot of people don't realise just how big and mobile he is. It's hard enough stopping him now so heaven knows how much of a handful he'll be once he reaches full physical maturity. Scary proposition.
Best in the game.

@Earl @diedpretty

It isn't just brown paper bags or shares. They are teaching young men how to use their money wisely. If one of them has an idea about a business they want to start/invest in, mortgage advice or anything else, they can go to a board member and get it moving.
People can whine about it all they want but that sort of thing IS above board and legal. Call it fools gold and try to say it is BS, but there is a reason those men are all multi-millionaires.
I hate that it happens and creates unfairness but it is allowed.

A friend of mine was a player manager and an accountant by trade. He had a lot of big names on his books, what he did with some of his players, especially the young ones, would be pay them a weekly salary and invest the rest. He would take a slice, but he made plenty of them wealthy and kept their cash away from the pokies and the TAB.

You don’t have to be genius to make money, invest in blue chip shares and live off your dividends.

Every club does shady shit - Including ours....
I can remember at least twice we've been done for cap stuff...

And cry me a river about 'promises' of jobs after footy... Furthermore, Name me a club that hasn't got someone who got a job 'After Footy' (I can think of at least one at every club without even thinking)
You really think a player takes a watch instead of cash?? It's not a farmers market 😂😂😂

You might not be old enough, But I remember countless interviews with Benji back in the day about how he knocked back more money to stay with the Tigers - And we're rubbish for the most part....
Munster, Latrell just did the exact same thing to us... Moses likely to do the same, Harry Grant did it....
Ponga - It happens,.... I've done it myself in my game...

One thing you might not know about the Roosters, Is how they help players away from the field to manage the money they're making...
Like I said, They have brains on the board and influential people - Who know a thing or 2 about the real world... - We've got clapped out old Magpies fans, Who don't know shit about much at all....

Get as Salty as you like - If it were us, You'd be doing cartwheels.....
Don't make out like it's some moral quandary.
Just about every player has a manager. The managers job isn't just to sign playing contracts, it's to look after the players welfare, physically, emotionally and financially. I know a certain halfback who has made just as much money away from football as he has on the field due to his managers connections and diligence. He's never played for the Roosters.

Knights are the new tigers and they only have themselves to blame.

Interesting info, Alex mckinnon unearthed the pommy fella in some obscure comp in England.
Strange. They have the money to compete but AOB has not got it done at all. The one's the Roosters have let get away have not been particularly special.

Back