Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Geez this could get real ugly.
Uncle Wayne doesn’t miss his target often.
Hope the Fulton move delivers.
If anything lately all Bennett does is miss…

- Reece Walsh
- Kayln Ponga
- Brandon Smith
- Cameron Munster
- Patrick Cardigan
- Tino Faasumali
- Dylan Brown
- Harry Grant
- Jahrome Hughes
- Jeremiah Nanai
- Latrell Mitchell

Add Fainu to that list

If anything lately all Bennett does is miss…

- Reece Walsh
- Kayln Ponga
- Brandon Smith
- Cameron Munster
- Patrick Cardigan
- Tino Faasumali
- Dylan Brown
- Harry Grant
- Jahrome Hughes
- Jeremiah Nanai
- Latrell Mitchell

Add Fainu to that list

Tell us more Ted.

Dolphins have a young promising 6 & 7 on the books. Their forward pack is average & Bennett is the coach for 1 more year. Latu is 18 & to move to QLD with no family support I doubt it.

Young kid from western Sydney he would have looked up to Benji surely. Throw in 1 brother at the club, we sign the other one. Plus a quality forward pack, the best 1 & 9 in coming years & the Fulton & Tartak connection.

Quietly confident we land him if the offer is good. I would think 4 year deal., MO on the 4th to negotiate. Year 1 $400K, Year 2 $500K, Year 3 $600K. 3 years at $1.5mil isn't bad for an 18yo. Still unders on the Brooks offer.

Then can still target a good option as 7, based on the names thrown out I'd want Walker. 3 years @ $900k or if it's Trindall 3 years @ $650K (apparently on $300K at the Sharks currently).

Gonna be an interesting few days!

Any got the Tele article that just got published with WT 12 potential halves options. Can someone please post?

Dolphins have a young promising 6 & 7 on the books. Their forward pack is average & Bennett is the coach for 1 more year. Latu is 18 & to move to QLD with no family support I doubt it.

Young kid from western Sydney he would have looked up to Benji surely. Throw in 1 brother at the club, we sign the other one. Plus a quality forward pack, the best 1 & 9 in coming years & the Fulton & Tartak connection.

Quietly confident we land him if the offer is good. I would think 4 year deal., MO on the 4th to negotiate. Year 1 $400K, Year 2 $500K, Year 3 $600K. 3 years at $1.5mil isn't bad for an 18yo. Still unders on the Brooks offer.

Then can still target a good option as 7, based on the names thrown out I'd want Walker. 3 years @ $900k or if it's Trindall 3 years @ $650K (apparently on $300K at the Sharks currently).

Gonna be an interesting few days!
The media has been reporting the last few days that Fainu is already on $500k per year with 2 years to run on the contract. I believe we’d need to offer more than that to entice him over.

I don't know, I wouldn't completely rule Taafe out as a 7. He has played there plenty as junior and does tick some boxes. Good short kicking game, decent long kicking, would be strong defensively, goal kicker and any player that can fill in at full back will have a decent running game as a 7. First grade experience and at the right age to make leaps in his game. Sometimes being a utility early in your career gets you experience without the number 7 pressure. I doubt there will be another Hynes situation, but you never know.

Taafe needs to go to tafe.

Latest posts

Back