Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

They're not accountable. Never have been. How can we expect our players to deliver every week when the Board and Management fail every year and still remain in power. We're not in the business of winning games, were here for a Participation Award, Pascoe and Lee have proven that. They do not care about the Club or winning, if they did, they'd realise they're completely out of their depth.
Why? They kicked Luke Brooks out which everyone was screaming for. Same level of planning as some muppets on here.

A bit of a digression. Apart from Latu & Samuela Fainu, there isn't anyone else in Manly's top 30 that Fulton could recruit from his old club (except Paseka but I think he's a marshmallow) that may become available.

Looking at lower grades, I wonder whether he'll go for SG Ball halfback Tyler Bunting who made the Junior Blues squad this year. Could form a halves partnership with Iverson Matai in JF next season.

Other than him, I would try to bring across Jake Toby on a NSW Cup contract only (dynamic fullback who would offer more than Ogden, Camroux & Peni). His experience would help this team also.

Any others?

I think it was a couple things....
They tested his loyalty, And tried to crab back some money they paid him....
What they didn't factor in he was over it, And sick of being our whipping boy....

Furthermore,
Like most of the morons on here, They didn't think there'd be a market for a 200 game half in the NRL.....
They were very wrong - All of them!!

On the upside - The Morons here will be happy, Apparently no one in the ESL wants Austin either....
Sign him up
Possibly a result of Recruitment and Coaches not being on the same train of thought.

Why the hell has he waited this long to meet with him , this should have been done ages ago, he should be here now , if manly are letting him go . Watch one of the other teams come in and get the deal done in hours not like us who take weeks or months
You realise he's only be available to talk to other clubs for about 5 days now. We couldn't make him an offer earlier and who says he wants to rush things? We don't get to dictate things...

A bit of a digression. Apart from Latu & Samuela Fainu, there isn't anyone else in Manly's top 30 that Fulton could recruit from his old club (except Paseka but I think he's a marshmallow) that may become available.

Looking at lower grades, I wonder whether he'll go for SG Ball halfback Tyler Bunting who made the Junior Blues squad this year. Could form a halves partnership with Iverson Matai in JF next season.

Other than him, I would try to bring across Jake Toby on a NSW Cup contract only (dynamic fullback who would offer more than Ogden, Camroux & Peni). His experience would help this team also.

Any others?
Toby is too small for first grade. He's the same size as mighty mouse

I think it was a couple things....
They tested his loyalty, And tried to crab back some money they paid him....
What they didn't factor in he was over it, And sick of being our whipping boy....

Furthermore,
Like most of the morons on here, They didn't think there'd be a market for a 200 game half in the NRL.....
They were very wrong - All of them!!

On the upside - The Morons here will be happy, Apparently no one in the ESL wants Austin either....
Sign him up
Brooks wanted out last year. Sheens and Benji have consistently backed him. He wanted/s out and his manager was always going to find a club for him.
If he was committed to the club they could have negotiated but he was clearly not interested.
He may have been the best option we had, if he wanted to be at the club but he was never an option if he had already checked out.

Whilst it is frustrating our lack of recruitment for '24 thus far & hoping we are building to some big announcements very soon, it is also frustrating our lack of retention news atm.

Other clubs are announcing extensions etc but we have announced bugger all since Jahream Bula.

Charlie Staines is one who is off-contract that I would like to club to extend. He is arguably our best winger at the moment & best backup fullback.

Then off-contract in 2024 are (in order of my priority to extend):

Starford T'oa
Junior Tupou
Alex Twal
Shawn Blore
Sione Fainu

Also off-contract in '24 who I wouldn't look to extend are Asu Kepaoa, Jake Simpkin, Rua Ngatikaura & Adam Doueihi.

I'd give a bit longer for Brandon Tumeth & Triston Reilly to warrant extensions.

Stefano & Api have mutual options for '25 but I'd be looking at locking Stef in for more years & Ap for at least '25.

It would be great to see over the next few weeks, extensions for Starford T'oa, Junior Tupou & Stefano Utoikamanu at the very least.

Pay what it takes to get George Williams at WTs. ESL contracts are not as lucrative now and we could afford him. He's a great player with the same spirit as Bateman.
he's just signed a 3 year deal with Warrington to stay there, one of the most expensive deals in Super League history. there is no way he comes back to Australia any time soon.

Any others?

Not really across Manly lower grade talent but Scott Fulton's job has to involve much more than attempting to recruit kids from one source.

Back