Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not sure what people’s thoughts are but if it comes down to wasting money on Sullivan or saving it to pay Luai I’d be going with the Latter.
Watching Fainu in the cup games and the NSW origin he looks like he has a lot more control and composure that people are giving him credit for. I think there is a halfback in the making. In saying that, Luai is most certainly a halfback when he plays the role. Like Api was at the panthers he is definitely pigeon holed into a role and he as our main playmaker would most certainly change our side for years to come.
Idolised Benji when growing up too…

Good shout @Needaname Agree with all of it

Signing Luia would signal a serious intent on the Tigers behalf.

That could even be considered 'aggressive recruitment'!

If the Tigers had to 'make do' for 12 months before Luia could become our #7, I think it's worth the wait.

I have a chuckle when the description "organising halfback" is used. DCE, Cleary, Hunt, Reynolds and co don't appear to have difficulty fulfilling all the roles of a traditional half including possessing a respectable running and attacking game.
Yep. It's pretty much code for has limited attacking ability. Same as running half is code for limited organisation skills. Reality is you can make either work with the right players around them and the right coaching and game plan.

That is your way of backtracking from Hastings will have Newcastle finish below us on the ladder. As a Brooks fan you should just admit you are wrong, we all get it wrong sometimes
ponga is the reason they are winning mate not Hastings...and 900k a year no thanks
take Hastings put of that Newcastle side end if they have a fit ponga they still win games
like saying next year if Brooks plays well at Manly and they make the semis is it all on hin, no way I'm sure DCE and others have plenty to do with it

Why we can't at least try and recruit Luai ? Assuming Panthers can't fit him in their cap .
Bulldogs and King Gus seem to recruit non stop . We set our sights on veterans in the UK or reserve grade /bench half's. We sure don't aim high but maybe that's all we can get .I do understand Pascoes Concord is seen as a "loserville" destination .

Reactions: 851
Signing Luia would signal a serious intent on the Tigers behalf.

That could even be considered 'aggressive recruitment'!

If the Tigers had to 'make do' for 12 months before Luia could become our #7, I think it's worth the wait.
He's not a controlling half. Stupid to make him one. He's a.5/8th running back.

Why we can't at least try and recruit Luai ? Assuming Panthers can't fit him in their cap .
Bulldogs and King Gus seem to recruit non stop . We set our sights on veterans in the UK or reserve grade /bench half's. We sure don't aim high but maybe that's all we can get .I do understand Pascoes Concord is seen as a "loserville" destination .
Reason is no one is good enough for the wts except for some kid aged fro 15 to 18. Really we need talent in every position.
We also need talented adults but this being a develoment club is really a big seller.
I think we can give souths no finals for close to 20 years a good nudge tbh.

Reactions: 851
Back