Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This forum has a bias against people who win a couple of comps thats for sure.
It’s ok some people will not be able to cope with following a team that’s winnings, for them they are more comfortable following a bottom end team and putting in the boot at every opportunity. Don’t worry winning will bring silence….

Reactions: 851
I think Bula is going to be amazing.

But, if somehow Tedesco was to actually be in conversation of returning to the Tigers, I'd accommodate it.

It's not like bringing back some guy that offers nothing.

If Tedesco came back on a short deal, and the club had him in on something similar to how the Warriors are taking RTS back- he fits as we need him. He can play some fullback, with Bula to the centres (junior position) if that works. Or Teddy to the centres. Or wing. Or in some fluid thing where players move around a bit.

Tigers do not have players of Tedesco quality on the roster outside of Api. Everyone else is too young, or not of that level.

The only caveat to Tedesco returning should be that it is for the long term benefit of the young group coming through. Pass on experience, training habits, tips on development etc. I understand some people having resentment toward him for leaving...but geez.

Rubbish…
I’m happy to admit when he’s not played well.

The main difference in our argument - I’m yet to see any evidence (and none of you have certainly not provided any)
we’re a better side without him…
despite all your assurance over the past however many years that a trained monkey would do a better job…

I’m wondering who y’all gonna hold responsible for this crap team being a borderline crap team again next year - one guarantee is, it won’t be Brooks
I don't hold him responsible for anything. He has made the choice to leave and given our position- we can't go any lower with him here - I would hope the aim would be to recruit players who together can improve our position.

Hard to say, Willison is three years older and played NRL.

Miller's still a year or two away from first grade.

Don’t get me wrong here, I
I think Bula is going to be amazing.

But, if somehow Tedesco was to actually be in conversation of returning to the Tigers, I'd accommodate it.

It's not like bringing back some guy that offers nothing.

If Tedesco came back on a short deal, and the club had him in on something similar to how the Warriors are taking RTS back- he fits as we need him. He can play some fullback, with Bula to the centres (junior position) if that works. Or Teddy to the centres. Or wing. Or in some fluid thing where players move around a bit.

Tigers do not have players of Tedesco quality on the roster outside of Api. Everyone else is too young, or not of that level.

The only caveat to Tedesco returning should be that it is for the long term benefit of the young group coming through. Pass on experience, training habits, tips on development etc. I understand some people having resentment toward him for leaving...but geez.

I think getting Tedesco back would be a terrible idea. Shuffling Bula back behind a guy on the decline would be an awful decision,

This forum has a bias against people who win a couple of comps thats for sure.
That’s a stretch . When luai has been by himself eg. Origin it’s been very ho hum . He benefits massively from both the organisation in attack of Cleary and in defence of Edwards.
I’d say the issue is , does anyone think Luai can be the linchpin behind a tigers resurgence . A lot of people see too much Josh Reynolds in his game . And I for one don’t think with our current predicament , that paying Luai 1.2m is a real good idea. If we had the halfback in place , I think most would be all for it . But we don’t

Don’t get me wrong here, I

I think getting Tedesco back would be a terrible idea. Shuffling Bula back behind a guy on the decline would be an awful decision,
Could you convince Tedesco to play the 14 role ? Or even in the centres ? It’s teddys brain you’d be paying the money for . In the hope he could pass the knowledge on like slater had for Melbourne .

I hate to burst some peoples bubbles but Teddy is not coming back to the tigers! He will retire a rooster and move into a mentoring role, only chance he comes back is if tigers find form and are a chance of winning a comp!!

I hate to burst some peoples bubbles but Teddy is not coming back to the tigers! He will retire a rooster and move into a mentoring role, only chance he comes back is if tigers find form and are a chance of winning a comp!!

Not bursting my bubble mate haha. I don't want
him or think we need him back. My mail is they're
talking about Luai and not Tedesco or Payne

Interesting.. because the news article says the signing “ would be bigger than Api”…

I think Api is head and shoulders better than Luai

Just what I heard bro.. yeah buzz uses funny
language in these columns. I think in context,
looking for a half, Luai is a bigger signing. Not
willing to put the house on it though just what
I've heard! Sullivan, Luai & Fainu wouldn't be bad

Edit: Sezer still a chance. All better than what we have

That’s a stretch . When luai has been by himself eg. Origin it’s been very ho hum . He benefits massively from both the organisation in attack of Cleary and in defence of Edwards.
I’d say the issue is , does anyone think Luai can be the linchpin behind a tigers resurgence . A lot of people see too much Josh Reynolds in his game . And I for one don’t think with our current predicament , that paying Luai 1.2m is a real good idea. If we had the halfback in place , I think most would be all for it . But we don’t
Oh please let’s be real. We have been dead last for 2 years. Most NRL players would improve the top 30 here. But we act like the Aussie captain and the 5/8 from nsw are not worthy of our jersey.
Instead we are talking up a bunch of kids.
Nathan wood was real promising coming thru the grades at Balmain in the mid 90s but was just an average fg in the top grade.

I know a lot of people are hanging on hopes of it being Teddy but I’m with you I don’t want him back at all. Luai is an interesting one, could he come and play half back or does the club think latu could be the half or Galvin. It’s a very interesting situation but luai is still young and in good form

Re the mystery origin player linked here …

On Gus’s podcast this week he talked for quite a while about Haas .

Said he’s a great player but not worth $1M a season but he thinks it’s possible a team down the bottom might pay more than that for him .

But he sort of contradicted himself by saying Haas is value because he can play big minutes when most props play only half a game .

He went on to say it depends what Payne’s motivation is . Winning comps or $$$ .

Not sure what people’s thoughts are but if it comes down to wasting money on Sullivan or saving it to pay Luai I’d be going with the Latter.
Watching Fainu in the cup games and the NSW origin he looks like he has a lot more control and composure that people are giving him credit for. I think there is a halfback in the making. In saying that, Luai is most certainly a halfback when he plays the role. Like Api was at the panthers he is definitely pigeon holed into a role and he as our main playmaker would most certainly change our side for years to come.
Idolised Benji when growing up too…

Do you think he’s going to kill in or a whole bunch of I told you so going on from the haters .
My prediction. We look like fools the first 2 years , maybe the third , come the 4th year once DCE is gone , and if fainu is surging there’s going to be countless nrl360 segments on the mismanagement at manly . Circa 2025/2026 it will begin .
But brooks will go very well next year .
I think he will go really well to start and then be ok.
The annoying part will be the constant chatter on this forum about whether he would have done better here or at Manly.

Back