Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

In more realistic terms, I know Dean Hawkins from the Rabbitohs has been mentioned coming over. I'm surprised that didn't receive as much interest as I thought it might.

Solid player that has sat behind better players his whole career. Kicks well & runs just enough to be a danger. Doesn't mind defence either. In all honesty- when you are at the bottom (and Wakefield & Will Smith suggests that is where we are), it's guys like this that get their shot & can sometimes be just what is needed.

In the search for a bigger, more physical presence out wide- just realised Isaac Lumelume is on a train & trial at the Eels. Been through a few clubs, but he has that athletic build we DON'T have (along with the crazy eye look). Looked pretty promising at the Storm, straight out of the Sharks baby factory a couple of years back.

In more realistic terms, I know Dean Hawkins from the Rabbitohs has been mentioned coming over. I'm surprised that didn't receive as much interest as I thought it might.

Solid player that has sat behind better players his whole career. Kicks well & runs just enough to be a danger. Doesn't mind defence either. In all honesty- when you are at the bottom (and Wakefield & Will Smith suggests that is where we are), it's guys like this that get their shot & can sometimes be just what is needed.

In the search for a bigger, more physical presence out wide- just realised Isaac Lumelume is on a train & trial at the Eels. Been through a few clubs, but he has that athletic build we DON'T have (along with the crazy eye look). Looked pretty promising at the Storm, straight out of the Sharks baby factory a couple of years back.

I watched him in his chances in first grade this year unfortunately lost some easy games against Bulldogs and the like.

Not for a backup! Most club's backup halves are on 300 or less.
If Sezer, our first choice half signs on for 425-450k then Sullivan would have to be on much less. 300k is about right for him
How much do you think Madden is on at the Donkeys by comparison?
he would start more than likely and then towards end of the year fainu comes in and sezer heads for the exits on a 1 year deal

I never heard the rumours until Hastings was moved on … seems convenient… I had heard he had a falling out with Bateman in the UK… but build a bridge and get over it
Hastings left Wigan and bateman joined Wigan
Hastings left tigers and Bateman joined tigers
but yes convenient....

Can guarantee if Brooks went to Newcastle and they were winning games the Brooks supporters would all be banging on about his contribution.
Team sport Hastings is playing his part well and Newcastle are doing well on the back of it.
so next year, and Manly fires it is all Brooks... please

I'm going to assume he wasn't wholly responsible for those losses.

It also shows a lack of knowledge from Tony. Hawkins was used extremely poorly by Demetriou by playing him as a direct replacement for Cody. He just isn't that type of player. Imagine putting Coopet Cronk at 6 to replace Lockyer and get him to play the exact same role, it just isn't his game.

I don't know a great deal about him and i honestly think i've only seen one half of footy from him. I'm guessing lots of others havent seen a great deal of him either. Ive only seen him rumoured to be coming on a train and trial basis, if theres anything more in it, i guess it would be interesting to take more of an interest in him.
We do need halves especially depth in our halves, hopefully we are slowly addressing our halves depth i'd also like us to be looking at outside backs.

I never heard the rumours until Hastings was moved on … seems convenient… I had heard he had a falling out with Bateman in the UK… but build a bridge and get over it
John Bateman is a Yorkshireman, born in Bradford, a tough town. Bateman plays a very tough brand of football which I admire. I wouldn't be getting on the wrong side of any Yorkshireman.

It also shows a lack of knowledge from Tony. Hawkins was used extremely poorly by Demetriou by playing him as a direct replacement for Cody. He just isn't that type of player. Imagine putting Coopet Cronk at 6 to replace Lockyer and get him to play the exact same role, it just isn't his game.

Theory goes, if the half can't lead a souths team to beat dogs wests tigers need not apply.

You all realise I hope that Buzz will make up anything because in the Sydney market the Tigers are guaranteed click bait, and that's his job, to get clicks.
He doesn't even have to drop a name and it starts a frenzy. It's too easy for him.

I find sometimes he is on the money. Depends on if he's reporting on his agenda or just reporting what being told.

I think the player Buzz is talking about is Tino. No inside info, but he is off contract after this year due to Holbrook being sacked. He would be a player who is bigger than Api. One of the best middles in the game at preset.

Rubbish…
I’m happy to admit when he’s not played well.

The main difference in our argument - I’m yet to see any evidence (and none of you have certainly not provided any)
we’re a better side without him…
despite all your assurance over the past however many years that a trained monkey would do a better job…

I’m wondering who y’all gonna hold responsible for this crap team being a borderline crap team again next year - one guarantee is, it won’t be Brooks
Ride that Brooks horse right to the death, maybe next year you take the blinkers off, but I’m betting you won’t

Back