Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

If it were a Luke Lewis type player who had such a profound impact upon the Cronulla club I would say yes. Unfortunately I don't see that in Chrichton but he may become a consistent player at WTs.

Utility back Tex Hoy could be the next player to leave the under-performing Knights.

Hoy, who has been given a chance to show his wares in recent weeks and played fairly well, is being shopped around by his management.

The 22-year-old local junior, who can play both fullback and five-eighth, is looking for a regular top grade spot and has had expressions of interest from a couple of clubs.

The Tigers have signed themselves a superb hooker in Api Koroisau for 2023 and have another boom No.9 coming through the ranks.

Tallyn Da Silva, 18, was a standout in the Wests Magpies' undefeated Harold Matthews Cup team this season.

Fast and clever, he is very much in the Koroisau mould and looms as the heir apparent to the hooking spot in years to come.

But the Tigers need to be on their guard - Da Silva comes off contract at the end of 2023 and rival clubs are already waiting in line to have a chat to him.
we have a plethora of young hookers. Koroisau buys us time but the time will come when we need to work out which 2 or 3 are worth investing within.

Simpkin, Ngatikaura, Tannous, Anjoul, Valevatu and Da Silva all vying for spots in future. good problem to have

Well at least by reports we made the Sharks match our offer for Nikora. They were a long way off previously.
Players should sign Wests Tigers as their player managers so they can get the best possible deal when negotiating contract renewals.

Win win for all concerned, Wests Tigers make 7% commission on all the players that reject their offers and players have their contract values/terms maximized.

Sharks.
Salary cap pressure.
Did anyone say KFC??

Can see it now...
Club asks to meet at apartment 1027 & gives player own set of keys to use to enter
Player walks in and sees a view of shark park with centred table with a bucket of KFC on it
Player grabs the piece of chicken & is asked do you want to sign
Player responds "finger lickin good - give me more legs, less ribs & apartment 1028 instead"
Club agrees & hands over a refresher wipe with a tub of gravy

we have a plethora of young hookers. Koroisau buys us time but the time will come when we need to work out which 2 or 3 are worth investing within.

Simpkin, Ngatikaura, Tannous, Anjoul, Valevatu and Da Silva all vying for spots in future. good problem to have
Was thinking the same thing, there will be a time we need to prioritise. Very stocked with quality young hookers.

I'd like to think that Simpkin uses this year, plus learning under Api to develop his game and become the number 9 for many years to come in Tigers colours. I think Ngatikaura's versatility will help him play multiple positions, so moving him around mightn't be a big thing. Tannous has that flair about him and keen to see the clubs plans for him. Haven't heard much of Anjoul since doing his ACL (is he back?). Haven't seen enough of Valevatu to comment.

At least Da Silva might be a couple of years behind this lot age wise. He can dominate Flegg while the others are dominating Cup (hopefully). Hookers tend to take a bit longer to hit 1st grade due to the demands of playing big minutes in the middle anyway.

Angus is a super star

He's top 5 second rowers in the game.
I like his attitude too.

He's the perfect complimentary player to match with iPaps.

Hard nosed and experienced those pair and would he good to mentor our young pack coming through.

I love it.
Hopefully Madge and Sheens get the job done.

I read Gildart was homesick. I don't think he will be here in 2023. It will be a mutual agreement that he return to ESL. Simpkins and Liddle already told they can leave. Wouldn't surprise if Peach gets the same tap on the shoulder. Seyfarth is struggling this year but Madge seems to love him.

Angus @ $700 or Lucy @ $700 which is the better spend?
I’m a massive Angus fan and I’d love him but not at the expense of O kane, this kid is literally Angus 2.0 they both are very similar players with the same rugby background, he is a future gun edge I rate him very highly. The good thing about guys like Papalii and Blore is that they can easily shift into the mids, so I do believe we have room for one of Angus or Nikora but again we gotta get the salary cap right and make sure we don’t block this young brigade we having coming through. Tamou is not wrong when comparing us to Penrith, we have an elite crop of young boys coming through, the task is making sure we keep them.
I said a few weeks ago that I thought O’Kane reminded me of a young Simon Dwyer.

Back