Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He is not better than DCE. If that were true Manly would not have taken the decision it did. Madden is a good young player. Brooks is one of our best.
Don’t do that man . It stirs the hornets nest . I’ll just disagree with the guys sitting next to me in bay 39 , and agree with the wider rugby league community .
Hence the fact 4-5 teams would have take all his coin at various times in the last 2 years. And that’s fact . Canberra , Warriors , dogs, knights , cowboys(before Townsend) and most definitely the Dolphins . You could probably chuck the titans in that group as well. So almost half the NRL disagrees . Anyways ….

Talau on 1 year depends on how much. If he doesn't play again this year it's not like another team will have a first grade contract for him, except maybe the desperate dolphins.

I'd be happy for him to stay on a low cost 1 year deal so he has a chance to come back from injury.
I don't think that TT will play any games this year.
I do think that he is worth a new 1 year deal.
There you are Demps you can respectfully diagree.

In the DT

🤔
The billionaire hotelier makes no secret of his disappointment surrounding recent events at Belmore.

“At the moment, I’m not sure what I’ll do in the future,” Laundy said.

“We’re due to have talks now because the sponsorship is up at the end of the season.

“I’d be lying if I said I’m not disappointed.”

Laundy is actually a mad-keen Wests Tigers supporter.

He has become close to their general manager Tim Sheens, who invited him to the Wests Tigers chairman’s suite for the match against his Bulldogs on Friday night at Leichhardt Oval.
Laundy that deals please

When Brooks has been halfback, we’ve looked terrible for the last 9 years.
We looked really good in the early part of 2018. And Brooks looked good behind an experienced pack, a forward pack in which they were all running over 100mts and with tackle efficiency in the high 90% range. They could play footy too. We would have been 6-0 if our favourite ref didn’t hand a win to Broncos, penalising Rochow for not being square in front of the sticks.
I think we beat Storm twice? I think that was the year Brooksy won his Dally M?
Brooks must be loving being 2 off the ruck.
It’s rare that you see a 7 with such a high rate of possessions, but that’s how we’ve had to play the last few seasons.
We need to get Brooks back ASAP before we burn out Hastings too.

We looked really good in the early part of 2018. And Brooks looked good behind an experienced pack, a forward pack in which they were all running over 100mts and with tackle efficiency in the high 90% range. They could play footy too. We would have been 6-0 if our favourite ref didn’t hand a win to Broncos, penalising Rochow for not being square in front of the sticks.
I think we beat Storm twice? I think that was the year Brooksy won his Dally M?
Brooks must be loving being 2 off the ruck.
It’s rare that you see a 7 with such a high rate of possessions, but that’s how we’ve had to play the last few seasons.
We need to get Brooks back ASAP before we burn out Hastings too.
Benji was directing the team back then, just like Hastings is doing now. The days of Brooks organising the team like a traditional halfback are over. He is not an organiser

??? Well why mock what I said before then . You literally just agreed with me , outside of our opinions on Talau .
I called Talau to the back row 2-3 years ago . It was clear he had the size and skill and defence for it , but lacked even the dynamism of a Brent Naden in the centres .
And by the way , he had to stand next to AD a lot last year , who was absolutely horrible at times for a massive unit in defence .
Especially against North Queensland straight off the top of my head .
Unless AD has fixed his defence there will be a return the leaky edge again IMO. Because he was the reason for it .
Talau was solid AF next to brooks , even with the archaic defensive structures that were in place .AD gets caught arm grabbing at attacks running shape at him .
It makes everyone either side of him look like Ron Massey cup .
Queue aggregation of me saying I think AD is bad at football lol
By the way he’s our best player …… in attack and intangibles . Edge defence he’s very bad .
I wouldn't be rushing to give either them a contract........

Blore is a real deal back rower though.

Talau, I don't think will make it- too soft.

That's where my disagreement is.

Latest posts

Back