Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Laurie is one of the worst fullbacks in the NRL.
I'm sure Staines will do a better job.
He is bigger, stronger, faster. Daine Laurie has done nothing the last 2 years at the tigers.
Bigger, stronger,faster? Hardly. He gets ragdolled all the time.

Of course he's one of the worst. He's the fullback with the wooden spoon.

Of course they do….
By taking stains - were only helping them with the money they want for the good players

We don’t need him that bad…
Sit back and wait for Martin and Leniu would be my move
Agree. If it was a like for like swap I have no issues as prefer Staines in the squad over Peachey but no way is Staines worth 500k a season.

A lot would need to be negotiated for Staines/Peachey exchange to happen.

* Penrith will want to save $$$ on the swap as part of their reasoning is to save money to offer Liam Martin a better contract.

* The article says we are unwilling to offer Staines anything further than next season which I find strange. I doubt Staines would go for this unless there is nothing else on the table for him.

A lot would need to be negotiated for Staines/Peachey exchange to happen.

* Penrith will want to save $$$ on the swap as part of their reasoning is to save money to offer Liam Martin a better contract.

* The article says we are unwilling to offer Staines anything further than next season which I find strange. I doubt Staines would go for this unless there is nothing else on the table for him.

Penrith are losing their back up Lock for next year - They need Peachey WAY more than we need Staines.

The Cowboys have extended star fullback Scott Drinkwater on a monster new deal which will keep him at the club until the end of 2027.

What I got from that article was that no clubs wants Fafita so he is now prepared to lower himself the the point that he would even play for the Tigers.
No thanks has-been find another retirement fund. I reckon that throat injury was the finish for him he’s just doing enough to collect.

PANTHERS-TIGERS SWAP DEAL
Penrith and Wests Tigers have discussed a potential player swap which could see Tyrone Peachey return to the Panthers.

The two clubs have spoken about a Peachey/Charlie Staines trade deal for next season. The Panthers have indicated to Staines that he is free to play elsewhere next year with clubs having fielded calls about his availability recently.

The Tigers have long been interested in the 21-year-old flyer but have so far scoffed at his current asking price which is about $400,000 next year. He has dropped down the pecking order at the Panthers and has struggled to feature in first grade this year.

The Panthers first gave Staines permission to test the market in 2020 but he has been unable to find a suitable club. The Tigers are again in the mix.

Peachey has had an unhappy season at the Tigers playing just 12 games and spending a large chunk in reserve grade in his first year at the club. Like Staines, he is contract for next season but the Tigers are willing to cut him loose.

Aside from the clubs needing to agree to the financial terms of the deal one of the other sticking points is the length of contract the Tigers would offer Staines. The Tigers are reluctant to add anything to his current deal.

Peachey played his best football at the Panthers during four seasons at the club. He last played there in 2018 before he made a big money switch to the Titans which he finally committed to after having second thoughts. (DT)
Why the obsession with Staines….get me my Staine remover please!

What I got from that article was that no clubs wants Fafita so he is now prepared to lower himself the the point that he would even play for the Tigers.
No thanks has-been find another retirement fund. I reckon that throat injury was the finish for him he’s just doing enough to collect.
💯 we don't need lazy, sideways running players!

Don’t have a huge wrap on him but would at least provide some extra in the backline, which imo is still our big weak spot.
If Nofa doesn’t come back maybe wing and move Naden to centres.

Smarter posters than me have detailed how Sheens built his team back in 03-04-5. That he identified good players that were not being used by their clubs, due to injuries etc, and lived in Sydney. But players that had potential. I'd say Staines covers this. Still young, but has experience in an excellent team culture, Can play fullback/wing. And, like Naden, fast. Nofo has been a good player for us for a long time, if he chooses to go to Mebourne I don't begrudge him that. He stuck it out a lot longer than Moses or Ben Teo, whose subsequent careers I never cheered.

Latest posts

Members online

Back