Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I thought Stef was out injured during rounds 4 5 6 7 8?
Returned on the bench rounds 10 11 12.
Maguire gone..
Bye round 13.
Off injured again rounds 14 15.
Returned to play in rounds 16 & 17 under Noddy.
Then off for the rest of the season with Wrist and Ankle?
What was the issue CloudyGlock?
Are you saying he shouldnt have played beyond the bye?
Shouldn't have played 10, 11 and 12

Well Benji knows all about moving from NRL to NZ Rugby then back again. I did think that RTS had rejected that but it’s the WT, so who knows which way is up.
I mentioned on the forum a while ago that the Tigers had been sounding out fringe All Blacks (outside backs) who weren't going to make the World Cup side, sorry I wasn't told who. That was from a mate who is a Journo in NZ. Apparently Benji as a coach is a big drawcard.

I mentioned on the forum a while ago that the Tigers had been sounding out fringe All Blacks (outside backs) who weren't going to make the World Cup side, sorry I wasn't told who. That was from a mate who is a Journo in NZ. Apparently Benji as a coach is a big drawcard.
I’ll believe the benji draw card when we sign someone, can’t remember a signing post Madge. Hopefully we get a big fish soon

RTS is the fish we gotta target..... Munster and Moses ain't coming

RTS however is a real chance, the kiwi connection with Benji and wanting to potentially come back to the NRL would be real I believe - ala Benji when he went sure he knows better than anyone how to sell the NRL return back to him knowing he went through it too

500k to play wing at Roosters would be on the table, but 1mil to come back fullback here under Benji would be intriguing for him I believe

Get that done and go straight for Dylan Brown with Brooks at 7 - AD to centre with Laurie off wherever he wants

1. RTS
3. AD
6. Dylan Brown
7. Luke Brooks
9. Api

Wow no Munster or Moses controversial

Would love us to nab another TNT style winger, would be amazing.
I expect to see over the next 2yrs a good 3-4 kiwi league/union recruits added to our squad.

I’ll believe the benji draw card when we sign someone, can’t remember a signing post Madge. Hopefully we get a big fish soon

Which teams have made any announcements of signings 10 weeks out from the finals?

Not many and definitely not good quality NRL players announced outside of those who extend at their existing club.

That's because most of the quality players for 23 are signed and those for 24 can't have contracts announced before November unless clubs give permission (most won't).

We sucked and yes its a nervous time for us after hitting rock bottom but with the volume of cash we have to splurge I have zero doubts we will sign some players. Let's just hope it's the right ones & we don't spend overs unless they are a proven game winner.

We were fielding a Reserve Grade side for the last 6-8 weeks....and it wasnt even to benefit 2023?
Remember "next year we'll improve", we are the Wooden Spooners and now we're basically saying "year after next". The Board and CEO Fiasco have done a number on this Club.
Patient??? Is there any supporter of this Club who hasn't been, with the garbage we get dished up every year.
How does Sheens avoid your wrath? He is the football manager and has direct responsibility for roster changes

Staines covers fullback and wing. He is genuinely quick which Nofoaluma, Naden and Mamaulo are not.
have we ever seen Staines alleged pace? I believe he is quick off the mark but i am yet to be convinced he is 'genuinely quick'. I can't recall any runaway tries or great come from behind tackles in his career thus far.

have we ever seen Staines alleged pace? I believe he is quick off the mark but i am yet to be convinced he is 'genuinely quick'. I can't recall any runaway tries or great come from behind tackles in his career thus far.
In his debut match he demonstrated blistering pace down the right-hand touch line to score. In the game last weekend one of the commentators mentioned Staines using his pace to get across to cover defend. Our recruitment officer I recall has chased him from his junior days at Forbes. His pace as far as I am aware, has never been questioned.

I usually only watch the WT and so my knowledge of players from other teams is based on how they perform against us.

Last year at LO, the Panthers were attacking our line and put through a grubber kick. Liddle, standing about 10m out, trapped the ball and set sail for their line, pursued by Staines and Burton.

Staines made no impression on Liddle. It was Liddle first, daylight second.

Staines may be quick, but on that night, he was no quicker than Liddle.

In his debut match he demonstrated blistering pace down the right-hand touch line to score. In the game last weekend one of the commentators mentioned Staines using his pace to get across to cover defend. Our recruitment officer I recall has chased him from his junior days at Forbes. His pace as far as I am aware, has never been questioned.
Just watched his tries on debut. He certainly didn't show any pace in any of them. Not a winger in the game that wouldnt have scored them.
I'm not saying he definitely isn't quick, just that I'm yet to see it.
I usually only watch the WT and so my knowledge of players from other teams is based on how they perform against us.

Last year at LO, the Panthers were attacking our line and put through a grubber kick. Liddle, standing about 10m out, trapped the ball and set sail for their line, pursued by Staines and Burton.

Staines made no impression on Liddle. It was Liddle first, daylight second.

Staines may be quick, but on that night, he was no quicker than Liddle.
I remember that also. I watched again before commenting as I was going to add that into the post. With how much Staines had run past the ball, then needing to turn and chase he was giving Liddle about 20m head start. Not sure he could've caught him if he was as quick as alleged.

Just read all the dally m tips being likely winner by position and a handful of challengers for each position and guess what WT don't get a mention
Last 2 position winners Luke Brooks - halfback a few years ago but that led to him getting his huge contract and the other winner Nofoaloma -winger
and that led to 5 year contract .
Conclusion better not to have any winners at the moment

Four try debut. Second try, he went down the right touch line with blistering pace to set up Edwards. I wrote he scored but he didn't but certainly set it up. Players with this pace turn half chances into tries such as Coates or JAC and save tries.

quick, but hardly JAC, Coates level pace.

Latest posts

Back