Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I reckon Twal finds a few more offloads under the coaching of Sheens. Always has an arm free but just goes the hit up. Immediately adds some value if he can do a bit more on offense.
Yeah he rarely gets put on the deck, add an offload to his arsenal with api sniffing around and its a whole new ball game

This is a great comment. Laurie is one of the worst fullbacks in the NRL.
I don't know what all the hype is he is also probably the smallest. Tigers need a big strong fullback that can tackle and also bust the line
His defence is okay sometimes, woeful others. He can tackle but is almost always caught out of position when we are defending our goal line. Fair dinkum, we concede so many tries off grubbers all because he can't read the play in time.

Hasler, in my opinion, is one of the very top coaches in the league.

Players love him and his results are excellent. And he's produced good results in clubs that haven't been going good and he fixed them quick. Players get better when they play under him.

We've got a far fetched plan of putting an ancient coach who hasn't coached for years (who I have great respect for) with a brilliant footy player (my favourite) who has never coached anything. It may work, but who knows?

Honestly, I would scrap this plan and try and get Hasler. See if he wants Benji or not, but get Hasler at the club. My choice of coaches would be Bellamy, Robinson and then Hasler. I think he'd also really suit our club. He's a great rugby league coach.

Injury prone, a big risk, and both brothers will stay together.
He might not be injury prone forever. Remember a certain player by the name of Tedesco?

Signing him would be the biggest coup of this clubs short history, and I would welcome it. It just won't happen though.

Players love him and his results are excellent. And he's produced good results in clubs that haven't been going good and he fixed them quick. Players get better when they play under him.

We've got a far fetched plan of putting an ancient coach who hasn't coached for years (who I have great respect for) with a brilliant footy player (my favourite) who has never coached anything. It may work, but who knows?

Honestly, I would scrap this plan and try and get Hasler. See if he wants Benji or not, but get Hasler at the club. My choice of coaches would be Bellamy, Robinson and then Hasler. I think he'd also really suit our club. He's a great rugby league coach.
At this point that would be the wrong move, one of reasons the club has such a stink around it is due to a reputation of being unstable, changing a coaching plan not even a year after announcing it just feeds into that.

If it was before we announced that plan than its a no brainer, can't even really blame the club for not waiting who would of thought manly were that dumb enough to get rid of him

Paying out four coaches for various lengths up to five years. I didn’t think this club could sink to new depths but that would be pretty bloody low.

Paying out four coaches for various lengths up to five years. I didn’t think this club could sink to new depths but that would be pretty bloody low.

Yeah, but winning games would be brilliant.

Sheens is only temporary anyway, wouldn't have to sack him, just take up the head of football role he was meant to do. Benji can wait an extra year or two if he wants it bad enough and would hopefully be wanted as an assistant.

I don't really care about the hit we'd take in the media, that only matters if we're not good next year and why let media opinion get in the way of a good decision?

I get that it's hard and would look bad and people would be critical, but you're getting a truly elite coach who has done nothing but win his whole life. You make the move, cop the flack and then get called a mastermind when it pans out and actually turns this club around. All that matters in determining the opinion of our club is whether we're winning games or not. Getting Hasler gets us closer to that.

I feel the same but it won't happen. The club has made it's plan and backing away from it now would look so terrible and Sheens, Farah and Marshall genuinely think they can turn the club around, so I doubt they'd be willing to let it happen. If only Hasler was sacked a few months ago.

Yeah, but winning games would be brilliant.

Sheens is only temporary anyway, wouldn't have to sack him, just take up the head of football role he was meant to do. Benji can wait an extra year or two if he wants it bad enough and would hopefully be wanted as an assistant.

I don't really care about the hit we'd take in the media, that only matters if we're not good next year and why let media opinion get in the way of a good decision?

I get that it's hard and would look bad and people would be critical, but you're getting a truly elite coach who has done nothing but win his whole life. You make the move, cop the flack and then get called a mastermind when it pans out and actually turns this club around. All that matters in determining the opinion of our club is whether we're winning games or not. Getting Hasler gets us closer to that.
If he brings the Turbo brothers well and good. Otherwise he’s just another lamb to Pascoes slaughter.

If he brings the Turbo brothers well and good. Otherwise he’s just another lamb to Pascoes slaughter.

Turbo or not, he's gold. Pascoe has no idea what he's doing blabbing on about facilities and some sort of standard and culture he's never come close to creating. Pascoe looks like he's desperate for someone like Hasler to come in and take charge anyway.

Make the move, tigers. I dare you to be good.

Not sure a mad scientist and a clown show are a fantastic mix myself, but hey we’re at rock bottom apparently! Roll the dice.

I think Hasler gets spoken of as a mad scientist a fair bit, but he strikes me as a no nonsense sort of coach who has managed to have success in different ways with different players and different sorts of club situations.

As for the clown, he's probably not a good mix with anyone, though he probably seemed to enjoy himself most with his good buddy Cleary and that managed to produce Packer, Matulino, Reynolds and Mbye, so I'm not really concerned about who would work well with the 'ask the boss' and 'back by popular demand' superstar himself.

Looks like a five-eighth / centre from Newcastle.

Probably the big-name signing that we've been looking for! Just jokes, good luck to the kid.

Tall kid, looks like him at the back here. Under an article "Knights busy building superstar factory..."

Can't access though, behind paywall.

1665663091193.png

1665663351823.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back