Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I've read rumours he's going to return to the Bulldogs... and Parra were trying to get him but Manly wouldn't release.

I think he's at the back end of his career and he was very ordinary this year.

Didn't look like he liked the dirty work and was more concerned with self preservation.

Honestly feel sorry for the club that signs him.
An astute Rugby League brain mate of mine told me that the dogs recipe for success is to buy up big and sort the cap out later.
What I can't understand is why does the NRL ratify these contracts if they are outside the cap.
Maybe it's the increase in cap or just good management? Surely they are not cheating 🤣

Reactions: 851
Surely this is Tim's givin right to search and try and deliver the necessary personnel changes required to move upwards from last on 🪜. If this leads to a feeling of uncertainty amongst some so be it why let sub par and Below mediocrity performance and standards become acceptable and comfortable amoung club and players. Sometimes you need to be cruel to be kind ! Wakeup calls and Accountability order of the day. Go Tim.
Tim will know all about accountability when the season starts - just like all those before him whose intentions were to improve the standing of this club. Mediocre players can achieve success at strong clubs - so while it's easy to write them off at our club and let them go, it doesn't make it any easier to attract the players we want to replace them.

I was not talking about lower grades the NRL competition is not lower grades that is SG ball Matt's KOE cup and ARL was not lower grades

But thank you for the effort
So the NRL is only first grade, there ya go, I thought they controlled all rugby league in Australia. If I am wrong, im wrong, oh well been wrong before.

So the NRL is only first grade, there ya go, I thought they controlled all rugby league in Australia. If I am wrong, im wrong, oh well been wrong before.
The NRL runs the premier competition in Australia in both male and female, the ARLC oversee the game in Australia and lower grade competitions are run by the relevant state bodies.

An astute Rugby League brain mate of mine told me that the dogs recipe for success is to buy up big and sort the cap out later.
What I can't understand is why does the NRL ratify these contracts if they are outside the cap.
Maybe it's the increase in cap or just good management? Surely they are not cheating 🤣
The whole situation of staying within the cap with recruitment just dumbfounds me. I recall a fe years ago we were looking to recruitment someone (May of been Latrell M) and our club said we have to be careful as we had to show that the offered contract sits within the cap and we cant try to recruit someone else with that allocated money - even if had not been accepted. Yet other clubs seem to recruit many, yet cant register the contracts due to contract fund totals being over limit, yet the recruitment stands, is not nullified by the NRL as over the limit, they the club in question gets time later to sort out the salary cap mess wiht no penalty- it stinks

I've read rumours he's going to return to the Bulldogs... and Parra were trying to get him but Manly wouldn't release.

I think he's at the back end of his career and he was very ordinary this year.

Didn't look like he liked the dirty work and was more concerned with self preservation.

Honestly feel sorry for the club that signs him.
More interested in brand Kapow these days…
Interesting if he goes back there - they have pele and Sutton coming as well don’t they?

The NRL runs the premier competition in Australia in both male and female, the ARLC oversee the game in Australia and lower grade competitions are run by the relevant state bodies.
Mate questions who runs the rugby league world cup ? And the Australian team the NRL ?

They got the wooden spoon..fair dinkum they need to toughen up or get out. Not one player apart from Offa and maybe Hastings can winge about anything after some of the performances.were put in.

Instead of winging about it, get on the paddock and work on the individual.negatives each player has.

The fans are over unaccountability. Unfortunately the board and Ceo arnt accountable so see why the players are as well.
No player is named as whinging. It's the writers assumption that they would be angry.

Tim will know all about accountability when the season starts - just like all those before him whose intentions were to improve the standing of this club. Mediocre players can achieve success at strong clubs - so while it's easy to write them off at our club and let them go, it doesn't make it any easier to attract the players we want to replace them.
Mate I'm certain that Tim already knows what it is from what I gather hasn't he spent the best part of 30 years swimming in the sea of accountability and who's to say at this stage players are and maybe being kept in the dark at where their future's might lie that's why they have manages I assume. Only my opinion but I feel that Sheens has had his eye casted over the playing group now for 12 months and learning about the abilities and character within all players now leading to the process he's embarked on now, only time will tell and perhaps a bit of tough love might be the magic fairy dust that brings out the best in our bigger names

when rothfield said last week Brooks was on his way to Newcastle everyone thought it must be true.
I guess it depends what rothfield is trying to sell doesn't it
Yep Jedi, Seriously any one who believes any of the crap that Rothfeild, Hooper or 360 drop out their rectum deserves the contemptuous names that comes from believing fools. Look at their past record of talking crap & if you want to add your name to it by posting it, dont complain when every one thinks you are an idiot.

Yep Jedi, Seriously any one who believes any of the crap that Rothfeild, Hooper or 360 drop out their rectum deserves the contemptuous names that comes from believing fools. Look at their past record of talking crap & if you want to add your name to it by posting it, dont complain when every one thinks you are an idiot.
Playing the devil's advocate here, there has been on occasions where Rothfield has reported things and it eventuates. Worst best kept secrets as they say.

Mate I'm certain that Tim already knows what it is from what I gather hasn't he spent the best part of 30 years swimming in the sea of accountability and who's to say at this stage players are and maybe being kept in the dark at where their future's might lie that's why they have manages I assume. Only my opinion but I feel that Sheens has had his eye casted over the playing group now for 12 months and learning about the abilities and character within all players now leading to the process he's embarked on now, only time will tell and perhaps a bit of tough love might be the magic fairy dust that brings out the best in our bigger names
Tough love might work in teams that have competition for positions and quality leaders who set the standards. At this point we still don't know who plays where in the spine other than Api K.
I hope your right about Sheens but he is going to have to pull more than one rabbit out of hat turn things around.

Tough love might work in teams that have competition for positions and quality leaders who set the standards. At this point we still don't know who plays where in the spine other than Api K.
I hope your right about Sheens but he is going to have to pull more than one rabbit out of hat turn things around.
100% as I said only time will tell but at least being proactive in the player market is a better plan than being reactive after no player recruitment

Nah, I think they were counting Talau and one other who hasn’t yet been announced.

I’d heard from someone earlier this year that Apisalome Saukuru was guaranteed a Top 30 spot in 2023 as part of the last contract he signed so I reckon he’ll be announced as the 27th member of the 30 soon enough.

Yeah, could be him. Talau was long simply a formality, with the recently departed Musgrove and Gildart adding up to the then 29 quoted by Sheens and Pascoe.

The whole situation of staying within the cap with recruitment just dumbfounds me. I recall a fe years ago we were looking to recruitment someone (May of been Latrell M) and our club said we have to be careful as we had to show that the offered contract sits within the cap and we cant try to recruit someone else with that allocated money - even if had not been accepted. Yet other clubs seem to recruit many, yet cant register the contracts due to contract fund totals being over limit, yet the recruitment stands, is not nullified by the NRL as over the limit, they the club in question gets time later to sort out the salary cap mess wiht no penalty- it stinks
Yeah, something doesn’t make sense. Why don’t clubs just make a play for players like Kikau whose contracts still haven’t been registered. Offer more for them and a firm contract and poach them from under the Dog’s nose. Stop the bulldogs and Gould with their sneaky strategy of overreaching on their cap and trying to secure players then trying to move other squad players on / retiring them early to fit their new recruits in.

Those last 4 signings are going to be definite upgrades IMO. First grade ready front rower (Klemmer), second rower, centre (TBA). The mutual option for 2024 would be the reason WT may seek to ship Maumalo off early, particularly with some young outside backs coming through the ranks. Interesting Saukuru only has a DC for 2023. Wouldn't surprise if Seyfarth wasnt retained either beyond 2023.
I honestly expected and hoped Seyfarth would kick on but it doesn’t look likely at all.
I was hoping to see a Nathan Brown in him, initially looked ok but that’s where it stopped.

Back