Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

you see it yourself mate or someone else?
Just because the Moses family had a tour of the facilities, that doesn't mean that he is going to play for us. Bernard Foley, Michael Hooper and Quad Cooper have all toured the facility.

But with the DT coming out saying he'll make his decision by Christmas, I am just saying there is no way in hell that the Dogs can afford him with the roster they are currently mustering, unless they cut a lot of players, even some they have just recruited.

Hynes has done it for one year. he also had a soft draw and bombed out in the semis. Moses made the grand final. DCE is 34 next year. brilliant player in his prime but is certainly on the decline.
Yes, I know it was only his first year but personally thought he was very good and “assuming” ( always dangerous I know) that it will continue,
I am very hopeful we get Moses “ back home” coz I think he could be the key to opening the Brooks door.

Just because the Moses family had a tour of the facilities, that doesn't mean that he is going to play for us. Bernard Foley, Michael Hooper and Quad Cooper have all toured the facility.

But with the DT coming out saying he'll make his decision by Christmas, I am just saying there is no way in hell that the Dogs can afford him with the roster they are currently mustering, unless they cut a lot of players, even some they have just recruited.
We are talking 2024 so the Dogs have plenty of time to get the books in shape. With the pub baron Iam sure something outside the cap can be arranged. Anyway my guess is, if the money is close he will head for the strongest roster. He has not won a comp and we a still a few years away from even top four

Reactions: 851
We are talking 2024 so the Dogs have plenty of time to get the books in shape. With the pub baron Iam sure something outside the cap can be arranged. Anyway my guess is, if the money is close he will head for the strongest roster. He has not won a comp and we a still a few years away from even top four
Yeah they can but I don't think Gus will. I know the Dogs need a halfback but when. You already have high paying recruiters as well as Burton who will jump upt O 800-900k a season they will struggle to get him and go for a fullback etc.

Still think hel stay at Eels. Just wants his price bumped up.

I think when considering the effect of a CoE tour, time taken to complete the tour has a huge impact on the outcome. If, for example a tour lasted 7 hours, then you'd have to say we're no chance. That's mostly tyre kicking time. OTH, say 1 hour would give some hope for a positive outcome.
So how long was the Moses family tour?

Moses is nearing the peak of his powers. He still has probably 6 good years of NRL in front of him. A great kicking game, is a massive weapon and Moses can kick defensively and can kick in attack, not to mention goal kicking and field goals. He would be great, but if the Dogs are in the hunt, Gus will get the chocolates
Just because Gus may want him doesn’t mean he’ll get him. Yes Dogs currently have a stronger roster than we do no argument there, but we actually have the advantage. We’re offering more money and right now we don’t need to move on any players to sign him unlike Dogs have to do, and we still have his best mate with us (even though I don’t like him), and we’re his junior club so he may be considering us since he was one of ours originally. With the moves we’ve made its clear Moses is the big fish we want. And with the forward pack we’re assembling it’ll be hard to say no to us. Not guaranteeing he’ll come but it’ll be hard to walk away from the offer we’re making.

Just because Gus may want him doesn’t mean he’ll get him. Yes Dogs currently have a stronger roster than we do no argument there, but we actually have the advantage. We’re offering more money and right now we don’t need to move on any players to sign him unlike Dogs have to do, and we still have his best mate with us (even though I don’t like him), and we’re his junior club so he may be considering us since he was one of ours originally. With the moves we’ve made its clear Moses is the big fish we want. And with the forward pack we’re assembling it’ll be hard to say no to us. Not guaranteeing he’ll come but it’ll be hard to walk away from the offer we’re making.
Gus wants Chrighton and Leinu as well. No way can he afford them as well as Moses. No I think hes just bumping up the price. Hel go for Chrighton,Leinu and maybe Douhie

Gus wants Chrighton and Leinu as well. No way can he afford them as well as Moses. No I think hes just bumping up the price. Hel go for Chrighton,Leinu and maybe Douhie
Unless he’s very loyal to Parra, he’ll leave as he knows that this year was the last year that Eels are GF bound for a long time. With the amount of talent that walked away from them this year, Parra are definitely weaker next year than this years team. I think he’ll leave but it’ll be either to Dogs or Tigers.

Dogs have more money than us available for 24, but we could probably match their offer or come very close to it. I doubt Gus will get into a bidding war, so it comes down to the biggest draw for Moses. Redemption at his former club with his mates and possibly one of his idol's. Or starting fresh at the dogs i think Parra are probably in 3rd for this race.
Both us and the Dogs will be on the up with the recruitment so far Parra are heading down the fire escape.

Dogs have more money than us available for 24, but we could probably match their offer or come very close to it. I doubt Gus will get into a bidding war, so it comes down to the biggest draw for Moses. Redemption at his former club with his mates and possibly one of his idol's. Or starting fresh at the dogs i think Parra are probably in 3rd for this race.
Both us and the Dogs will be on the up with the recruitment so far Parra are heading down the fire escape.
Why would they have more money than us?

We should be returning serve to Gus by offering overs for Burton, Leinu & Crichton.

People saying he's not worth it as if we're aren't a club that hasn't tasted finals in 10+ years. If he gets us to playing consistant finals footy, he's worth it.
That's the kind of thinking that saw us make signings like Josh Reynolds. "We're shithouse and this bloke has played grand finals so don't question it".

The figure we are reportedly offering him is literally double what we signed Api Koroisau for.

That's the kind of thinking that saw us make signings like Josh Reynolds. "We're shithouse and this bloke has played grand finals so don't question it".

The figure we are reportedly offering him is literally double what we signed Api Koroisau for.
Except Reynolds was already on the decline when we signed him.

Latest posts

Back