Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

main point is yes the Tigers have done better than the Latrell situation but they are still significantly behind the better clubs at how they negotiate. Someone has talked to the media about our interest in MM rather than just do it on the sly like Gus.

How are we behind other clubs in relation to how we negotiate ?

If you are talking about the media I don't see an issue at all. I read on my phone today that Canberra were preparing to offer David Fifita a big contract if he didn't sign with the Titans.

Are we therefore ahead of Canberra. We signed IP from Parra and it was reported they low balled him. Same as Mahoney. Are we ahead of Parra ?

I don't get the criticism and I don't see how it matters anyway in that all that matters is on field results.

I am only stating this because I want us to get the best results possible and I think Canterbury are beating us at the moment off the field

So we are behind Canterbury in relation to signing news in the media. Just state that you are correct why focus on Canterbury ? What about every other team in the comp ?

The Bulldogs off the field are going great guns imo. Hasn't translated to on the field yet, but I don't think they are too far off. Fair to say Ciraldo - the current ,"it" coach most likely - must have seen it that way too when given the two options.

If you are talking about the media I don't see an issue at all. I read on my phone today that Canberra were preparing to offer David Fifita a big contract if he didn't sign with the Titans.

Are we therefore ahead of Canberra. We signed IP from Parra and it was reported they low balled him. Same as Mahoney. Are we ahead of Parra ?

I don't get the criticism and I don't see how it matters anyway in that all that matters is on field results.
This media speculation, is almost impossible to control. Sheens has shut it down from the clubs perspective, but from the players and their managers , we have no control. The league reporters are scratching for news in this dead period, and so too are us fans. Nobody really knows what's going on, it's all speculation.

The Bulldogs off the field are going great guns imo. Hasn't translated to on the field yet, but I don't think they are too far off. Fair to say Ciraldo - the current ,"it" coach most likely - must have seen it that way too when given the two options.
You've got to see the irony....Trent Barrett was the man behind the Panthers success (as an Assistant) and carried the 'Can't Miss' tag. Gus was he's biggest supporter. Then it was the job has overwhelmed Trent, but we've appointed Cameron Ciraldo (with essentially the same experience as Trent Barrett). Wow really? I think the Tigers dodged a bullet truth be told.

You've got to see the irony....Trent Barrett was the man behind the Panthers success (as an Assistant) and carried the 'Can't Miss' tag. Gus was he's biggest supporter. Then it was the job has overwhelmed Trent, but we've appointed Cameron Ciraldo (with essentially the same experience as Trent Barrett). Wow really? I think the Tigers dodged a bullet truth be told.
I never got the Barrett hype. Had a very decent squad at Manly and walked and was given the reigns at the Bulldogs with plentu of money to spend. Ciraldo is unproven, but he would know plenty about the systems needed to develop a sustained level of success. Whether he can deliver as a FG coach we will see soon enough.

Why is it that no one takes the hint?
Disregard the u15's coach who put Brooks at halfback and Moses at 5/8. Swap them around... I have zero idea why they were not changed....

Otherwise Punt Brooks for Moses and have Doueihi pair with Moses if we want (or take a punt on someone else).

FYI, I love Brooks. He cannot play Halfback.
Actually his holy cross coach moved Moses to Fullback and play Brooks at Halfback and said words to the effect that after that move he really started to take the lead and dominate games.

No-each member to be sent pokie coupons to be used at Laundy pubs.
You could be on to something. Friendlyjordies showed how to clean dirty money using pokies. Wouldn't be surprised if someone in the NRL is using this to pay players extras. It was incredibly easy and untraceable.

Perhaps however - Gus has said Moses will probably stay at eels and they have not given Moses any offer. And that has been reported in the media.

And we all know he is trying to sign him. If they miss out they wont look as bad as us.

We can go round in circles - main point is yes the Tigers have done better than the Latrell situation but they are still significantly behind the better clubs at how they negotiate. Someone has talked to the media about our interest in MM rather than just do it on the sly like Gus.

I hope we sign him but if we don't we all probably have different opinions about the brand damage it does to us as a club by missing out again to the dogs.

Some people will say it doesn't matter and it's good that we were open about it - others will say it's another big name that chose another club and makes it harder for us to recruit big players.

I think it's better to do it like Gus because it doesn't upset the current roster and also it means if you miss out than the next person you target doesn't feel like second choice.

Look at the Ciraldo situation - seriously how would another coach come in knowing they were second choice - and not just second but like not even considered until someone else pulled out. Very difficult.

Anyway just my opinion.
Appreciate your opinion Tigermate. I think everybody knows the Dogs are chasing Moses too (including their current squad) so I don’t see how we’re so different to them in the way we’re going about it. As many have already said, I think the media and player managers drive the narrative more so than the club.

Perhaps however - Gus has said Moses will probably stay at eels and they have not given Moses any offer. And that has been reported in the media.

And we all know he is trying to sign him. If they miss out they wont look as bad as us.

We can go round in circles - main point is yes the Tigers have done better than the Latrell situation but they are still significantly behind the better clubs at how they negotiate. Someone has talked to the media about our interest in MM rather than just do it on the sly like Gus.

I hope we sign him but if we don't we all probably have different opinions about the brand damage it does to us as a club by missing out again to the dogs.

Some people will say it doesn't matter and it's good that we were open about it - others will say it's another big name that chose another club and makes it harder for us to recruit big players.

I think it's better to do it like Gus because it doesn't upset the current roster and also it means if you miss out than the next person you target doesn't feel like second choice.

Look at the Ciraldo situation - seriously how would another coach come in knowing they were second choice - and not just second but like not even considered until someone else pulled out. Very difficult.

Anyway just my opinion.

Appreciate your opinion Tigermate. I think everybody knows the Dogs are chasing Moses too (including their current squad) so I don’t see how we’re so different to them in the way we’re going about it. As many have already said, I think the media and player managers drive the narrative more so than the club.
Appreciate all opinions too. Cheers

Latest posts

Members online

Back